Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I doubt Mane starts every PL and EL match in August, I'd rather the security of Milner/Hendo and 1m

Good point. Avoiding Europa players might be wise. But west ham double home games gw2 and 3 hard to ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:
    Good point. Avoiding Europa players might be wise. But west ham double home games gw2 and 3 hard to ignore.

West Ham still have some work to do to qualify. 2 away goals conceded.

That makes an Arsenal double up even more tempting though, West Ham will need to play a full strength team next thursday, 3 days before Arsenal(a)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

spock. wrote: »
    West Ham still have some work to do to qualify. 2 away goals conceded.

That makes an Arsenal double up even more tempting though, West Ham will need to play a full strength team next thursday, 3 days before Arsenal(a)

And still, bar Walcott (who is a gigantic risk) and Bellerin, I can't think of another Arsenal player I really want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

CSF wrote: »
    And still, bar Walcott (who is a gigantic risk) and Bellerin, I can't think of another Arsenal player I really want.

Those are the two I have and I'm not maxing out any team GW1.

CSF wrote:

I'm going with Ozil and Walcott.
    Happy to go without an Arsenal defender.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »

Bilic quote on next week's match might be indicative of his approach if they advance:

"It was the same plan, no matter what the result is, that the majority of the players who will start against Arsenal will not participate in that game. We would like to do both, but the Premier League was and is the priority for us."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Bilic quote on next week's match might be indicative of his approach if they advance:

"It was the same plan, no matter what the result is, that the majority of the players who will start against Arsenal will not participate in that game. We would like to do both, but the Premier League was and is the priority for us."

Cheers, thats probably Sahko in my team from the start. The one week on Lukaku is tempting, very tempting, but it will almost certainly leave me with transfers I want to but can't make and therefore hits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Rickie Lambert scored twice for West Brom tonight against Bristol Rovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Nib wrote: »
    Rickie Lambert scored twice for West Brom tonight against Bristol Rovers.

Hope he bangs in a few more if there's any pre-season games left so that lots of people sign him.

#ncfc XI vs @BrentfordFC: Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Bassong, Brady; Howson, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Johnson; Hoolahan; Grabban.

Brady looks ROOP

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC 5m5 minutes ago
    #NUFC v @borussia_en: Krul (c), Janmaat, Williamson, Taylor, Haïdara, Anita, Colback, Sissoko, Obertan, Wijnaldum, Cissé.

Still no Colo

• Advertisement

Sunderland XI v @Hannover96: Pantilimon, Jones, PVA, Coates, Kaboul, Cattermole, Larsson, Rodwell, Johnson, Lens, Defoe.

#SAFC subs v @Hannover96: Mannone, Matthews, O’Shea, Bridcutt, Giaccherini, Watmore, Graham.

Ugh, my defence is so shaky

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sunderland XI v @Hannover96: Pantilimon, Jones, PVA, Coates, Kaboul, Cattermole, Larsson, Rodwell, Johnson, Lens, Defoe.

#SAFC subs v @Hannover96: Mannone, Matthews, O’Shea, Bridcutt, Giaccherini, Watmore, Graham.

PVA or nobody for me in their defence

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Looks for all the world like Sunderlands strongest XI. No O Shea is VERY worrying :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hannover are streaming the game via YouTube if anyone's interested. 4pm kick off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVNrzgIklmU

Paully D wrote: »
    Hannover are streaming the game via YouTube if anyone's interested. 4pm kick off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVNrzgIklmU

I'm on Coates now since he seemed a favourite of Dick last season. Still too risky you think to invest on a 4.5m from your lot?

I'm on Coates now since he seemed a favourite of Dick last season. Still too risky you think to invest on a 4.5m from your lot?

I have O'Shea and to be honest, I think he'll start the season. Kaboul and Coates desperately need minutes so not all that strange to see them start today, especially as O'Shea has started every pre-season game up until today (IIRC).

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 7m7 minutes ago
    Liverpool XI vs. Helsinki: Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez; Henderson, Milner, Coutinho, Ibe, Lallana; Ings.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 7m7 minutes ago
    Liverpool XI vs. Helsinki: Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez; Henderson, Milner, Coutinho, Ibe, Lallana; Ings.

I've thrown Ibe in my UFPL for the craic. At some point in the season he should prove pretty good value.

Scott Sinclair with a hat-trick at Nottingham Forest.

spock. wrote: »
    Scott Sinclair with a hat-trick at Nottingham Forest.

He's on my watchlist for when I need Aguero funds

• Advertisement

City down 4-0 to Stuttgart. And my urge to Kolarov tempers

likewise

He's on my watchlist for when I need Aguero funds

Definitely.
    A 5.0 4th mid would really help to fit in Hazard, Aguero, Kane and maybe Sanchez into one team.

Goddammit. Well was fun while it lasted.

mulumbu off injured
    annoying if he will be out for a while as I'd finally settled on him as my 5th mid

hmmm. tho Nasri and Evans as the centre mid partnership might have something to do with that

jimmii wrote: »
    I've thrown Ibe in my UFPL for the craic. At some point in the season he should prove pretty good value.

Gomez could be too. From what i've seen so far looks to be a far better defender than Moreno

manual_man wrote: »
    Gomez could be too. From what i've seen so far looks to be a far better defender than Moreno

Yeh an Anfield regular I am friends with is a fan of his. Imagine if both nailed down a starting place that would be unreal!

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh an Anfield regular I am friends with is a fan of his. Imagine if both nailed down a starting place that would be unreal!

Could happen. Rogers is of the mindset "if you're good enough, you're old enough"

• Advertisement

O'Shea on after 55 minutes for Sunderland, Kaboul off.

Advertisement