Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 16th May - Forum Meetup

• 14-04-2015 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Howdy all :pac:

On the 16th May there'll be a meetup for the members of this forum. It's open to anyone of any age, gender and even if you don't post often/at all in the forum, but feel you'll gain from this, come along!

What happens?
    It's nothing too fancy!

Usually we all meet around 7-8ish in a central pub in Dublin city centre. Sweetman's (O'Connel Bridge) usually works well because it's close to everywhere and still a nice sized pub. When the time comes, people usually move on to a bar (Panti, Front Lounge), and as they say all roads lead to the George at some point.

Why go?
    If you're free that night and want to meet a few like-minded indivudals over pints then come along. From personal experience it helped me greatly when I first went. Meet similiar lads and ladies. It can help get your head around it all. And of course even if you've got this all worked out, it's a good chance to have a few laughs and giggles on a night out.

-
    Again it's open to all. People are invited to join in any aspect of the night and if going to a gay bar isn't your cup of tea, you can leave whenever you want. Last few meetups there was a scarce amount of ladies so if some want to be the brave ones to come along to build up numbers work away please!

There's a march for Marriage happening on the Sunday directly after so if people who aren't travelling far back home want to make a complete gay weekend of it, that would be great!

If you're free and able to make it, just repost your name on the list.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Put me down as a maybe

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

1) Ash885
    2) Bobby42

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'm 95%. And female.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

1) Ash885
    2) Bobby42
    3) hdowney

Sure we'll put you down for the laugh anyway. And great news so far, keep 'en coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭JTL

Put me down as a maybe also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭yer man!

Assuming I can stay with my sister that weekend I'm game!

I'm just going to put the names down to keep track if we need to book but realistically I'd still say we'd be grand.

People who are travelling can find some cheap accom. on the hostel websites or the Dublin b&b booking site! PRices vary but around the 25-40e ish mark is there right now.

1) Ash885
    2) Bobby42
    3) hdowney
    4) JTL
    5) yer man!

If I make it it may be cheaper for me to try get picked up to go home. I'll bus it in (free pass!) But by the time I'd be heading home all transpo to my destination has stopped. But trying to save for a million things so possibly cheaper to get picked up than hostel it. I'll look into it tho. Do we have a location yet?

In the past people have come for one or two pints and left, no need to stay longer if it's not possible!

Sweetmans at the bridge was the best place as it's in the middle of everywhere. Hope that all suits all, if not throw a few ideas out.

There were a few people from the previous thread who haven't been online yet so hopefully the names will keep adding on ^^

Messrs works for me. Nice and central when I get off d train or close enough if I get the bus. Someone remind me on the Wednesday of the week of the beers so I keep some pennies for it.

• Advertisement

It's a grand pub, if not a little bit of a maze at times. And I always knew it as Messrs, and accidently keep calling it Sweatman's instead of Sweetman's which eh...puts a gross spin on it lol

Ash885 wrote: »
    It's a grand pub, if not a little bit of a maze at times. And I always knew it as Messrs, and accidently keep calling it Sweatman's instead of Sweetman's which eh...puts a gross spin on it lol

in fairness Sweatman's can be apt at times!!! I'll need phone numbers of folk since it is such a maze and I know what NONE of you look like. Also bus strike means I'll have to get the train :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm in... again. :P

1) Ash885
    2) Bobby42
    3) hdowney
    4) JTL
    5) yer man!
    6) BonnieSituation

Good stuff!

Mate of mine said he's game so I'll add him here.

1) Ash885
    2) Bobby42
    3) hdowney
    4) JTL
    5) yer man!
    6) BonnieSituation
    7) NeuroCat

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Madame_Diem

I'd be up for going. Sounds fun. I hope nobody is going bore me tears and drone on about marriage equality.

I'd be up for going. Sounds fun. I hope nobody is going bore me tears and drone on about marriage equality.

Oh how I laughed at that! :D It's all friendly banter, people can be as serious as they want...but I for one won't be that high brow unfortunately to talk about such things :pac:

1) Ash885
    2) Bobby42
    3) hdowney
    4) JTL
    5) yer man!
    6) BonnieSituation
    7) NeuroCat
    8) Madame_Diem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Put me down as a potential maybe. Provided nothing comes up in the interrum, I *might* be able to make this.

I'll put you down anyway into the exclusive membership list.

1) Ash885
    2) Bobby42
    3) hdowney
    4) JTL
    5) yer man!
    6) BonnieSituation
    7) NeuroCat
    8) Madame_Diem
    9) McChubbin

Remember any newbies feel free to come along!

Looking forward to the meet up, haven't been to one before. :)

Should be good fun. Bit of a chat and a pint, what could go wrong X_X (incidently anything embarassing that happens on these meetups shouldn't be discussed....unless they don't involve me in which case fire away ;))

By the way to those interested, I read today that the March for Marriage on the Sunday is actually now just a gathering in Merrion Square listening to speeches and talks for the day. Something about the Luas works that would make an actual march impossible for the size of people! So if people are making a weekend out of it, bear that in mind! ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

1) Ash885
    2) Bobby42
    3) hdowney
    4) JTL
    5) yer man!
    6) BonnieSituation
    7) NeuroCat
    8) Madame_Diem
    9) McChubbin
    10) LoganRice

I'll try to go and bring someone with me if they can go too. Last one I went to was in November and that was fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tony91

I'll likely be in work on Saturday but hopefully get up that night. What time do they usually happen at?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Add me down there :) hope to make it up that sat

1) Ash885
    2) Bobby42
    3) hdowney
    4) JTL
    5) yer man!
    6) BonnieSituation
    7) NeuroCat
    8) Madame_Diem
    9) McChubbin
    10) LoganRice
    11) Tony91
    12) tipperaryboy

Great stuff. I think if we went for a 8pm and people can come along when they're free? I'll be down early enough that day anyway, all going well.

I am still fingers crossed but just got reminded that we have a nasty ass €120+ sky bill going tomorrow :( :eek:

Ah I realise can be costly! I just booked accom. and scratching the head at where the pennies go! ^^ Don't sweat it if things aren't possible. Always a next meetup if this one is a success!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Apparently there's going to be a bus strike that weekend which is likely to be a detriment to the night ? Accomodation is looking very expensive that night tried all the tricks not looking affordable

Ah sugar, I didn't know about the bus strike :/ Usually I book when the date is settled but I just booked a place today for 30e a night which I don't think you'll get cheaper! B and Bs are the way to go when all else fails.

Just bumping this as a reminder.

Sweetman's at 8?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Yes

Advertisement