Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for Part-Time Web Courses

Options
  • 09-02-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Looking for advise / to be sent in the right direction.

I am self employed. I have an online shop which generates 50% of revenue. It's entirely product based. I studied Quantity Surveying in DIT while also establishing my business and luckily the business grew to the point that it has looked after me since I qualified and continues to.

I have an interest in web development etc and really want to get into the area. I use a web developer to build the site but would be as heavily involved in the project as I can be without having any training in IT.

I would love to be able to do more and it annoys me relying on some else. Ideally I would like to get to the stage where I can do all programming / developing and being able to manage a lot more of the site including the back end.

I also have an eye on the future as I'm still quite young and could see myself walking away / selling the current business and going into web development and the management of same.

I know I could go away and become self taught but it's not something that I feel confident about. Equally would prefer not to do a course that is based on online learning. I prefer the classroom / lecture type scenario as I feel I pick it up quicker and then use it. I had enrolled in Web Design and Development course in NCI last September but the course was cancelled due to lack of numbers.

Any other similar courses seem to be the same when I checked with DIT and DCU. I am based in the midlands and don't mind travelling to Galway or Dublin (Preference is Dublin direction) I don't qualify for springboard or similar and it needs to be part time and somewhat classroom based but not entirely. I do have time on my hands to be studying during the day in the office also.

What is best course that would suit me or where should I be looking? I have been looking at the likes of Digital Skill Academy but not 100% sure also keeping an eye on what seems to be a popular course with Code Institute and may go for that in the summer when it runs again. Alternatively can wait for September but having been let down last year I don't know if that is an option.

All feedback greatly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement