Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

yolanda wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

Sorry now to interrupt and ask such a boring q but I have just had a baby 2 weeks ago and regularly would log on to this thread to check things out during the pregnancy. Was fantastic and well done to everyone!

Just wondering when I could rejoin ww after having a baby. Tried to look it up on the ww website but dont really have any answers on it. Does anyone know when you can join after having a baby or is there a specific time frame you have to wait?

Thanks in Advance!!

Congrats on your little bundle was it pink or blue :)

Its 6 weeks after the birth, I joined WW 6 weeks after I had my baby, he just turned 5 months this week:) your better off waiting till then as you need to rest, recover from carrying and the birth not to mention lack of sleep! I just made sure I ate healthy had the odd treat and I lost a couple of pounds before I joined! Im Breastfeeding and they do give you extra PP for that some need them, but I found I didnt it was just to much food for me and I put on weight instead of having a loss, so I don't eat them now but I think its more down to my height I'm very small but Im loosing 2 pound to at least half a pound a week! so very happy with that.

Good luck :)

have WI this morning so hoping I see a loss of at least half a pound!

I made a mistake on Saturday I had some crackers with my lunch and miscalculated the pp only copped this morning going over my tracker :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Baby75 wrote: »

I made a mistake on Saturday I had some crackers with my lunch and miscalculated the pp only copped this morning going over my tracker :mad:

Off to WI soon too, really hoping for a teeny loss, have 3 pounds to go to my 4th silver seven and would love that by end August.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

dont worry bout the crackers, if 2-3-4 of them was your only 'indiscretion' you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

javagal wrote: »
    Have been away from this thread for quite a while getting comfy.. But i'm on hols in 3 weeks and determined to shift 3lbs so I can enjoy myself over there...

History:
    Started WW in April at 13 st 10.. My goal weight was 10st 13.. I'm now 11st 5.75 and loving my new figure...

Gonna read back through this thread for new recipes :)

Hey Javagal - we are very similar! I started at 13 st 11.5 lbs, now I'm down to 11 st 2 lbs and am a very happy bunny!

My leader reckons my goal is about 10 st 7 lbs but I'm going to set it at 10 st 5 lbs - here's hoping I lose that 11lbs by Christmas!

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Folks, was gutted that pumpkin seeds are so high in points! I throw a load on my cereal in the morn but it's like 2pp for a tablespoon.
    And here's me thinking I'm being healthy. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

dammitj wrote: »
    Hey Javagal - we are very similar! I started at 13 st 11.5 lbs, now I'm down to 11 st 2 lbs and am a very happy bunny!

My leader reckons my goal is about 10 st 7 lbs but I'm going to set it at 10 st 5 lbs - here's hoping I lose that 11lbs by Christmas!

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Folks, was gutted that pumpkin seeds are so high in points! I throw a load on my cereal in the morn but it's like 2pp for a tablespoon.
    And here's me thinking I'm being healthy. :rolleyes:

well they are healthy....just high in points is all. remember some fats are good for us....some fats WE NEED TO EAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭yolanda

Thanks for that guys! Was thinking it was about 6 weeks anyway. Am currently breastfeeding but dont think I will be at 6 weeks as thats a whole other story! Trying to eat healthy but soo hungry all the time! Plus everyone keeps bringing biscuits and snacks that are too tempting!

Was 60kg start of pregnancy and was 85kg week before I had her! :eek: Week after I had her I was 73kg and now at 71kg and she was only 2.5kg! So have a fair bit to lose but hopefully with a bit of determination I'll get there!

Oh yeah and it was a pretty pink bundle! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

Hi Lady Lainy
    Just wondering how the lasagne tasted as I printed off your recipe yesterday but want to see what you think of it first :)

Kayleen wrote: »
    Hi Lady Lainy
    Just wondering how the lasagne tasted as I printed off your recipe yesterday but want to see what you think of it first :-)

Turned out REALLY well....like yeah pasta sheets would be nicer.....but you know....it wasn't bad.....holy freaking hell......seriously so so so filling....i had so much fruit and veg yesterday my body didnt know what was going on....and woke up this morning....and i'm not kidding i swear some of my tummy is gone down...no bloating at all. which i normally have after pasta.

next time i'm goint to season the courgette a bit more tho, when i'm layering it going to sprinkle herbs/pepper/spices/garlic onto the couregette before adding the next layer....i think the courgette it self just needed that zing of flavour.

next time i might bring the pessata down to 400g, i did find it very runny....so when serving....kinda just looked like a plate of mince with courgette :P tasted great....just went very runny LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ld2011

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    feck that...anyone know where i can find frozen yoghurt in the shops...thats NOT ben & Jerrys....its the only thing i LOVED about the states a few years ago...

And alot of smoothies use frozen yoghurt too, oooh yeah another lil plan for the next month...get more fruit into me....not big into eating fruit...so gotta scrub off the old crappy liquidizer...its a bollox to clean....and my mother will KILL me if i go off "wasting money" on decent smoothie maker...

More water (3 litres a day) more fruit, less sitting on my ass!
    on that note....off to do my doggie homework with the puppy!

I've got a nice big lush mint plant growing in the garden....anyone have any nice ideas for fresh mint?

mint is lovely in a fruit smoothie mmmm... i'm probably thick for asking this, but what's a depo?

• Advertisement

Back from WI and stayed the same this week :( Totally my own fault as though I did lots of walking and sensible eating my tracking and weighing foods was a bit hit and miss. Some emotional eating too which I've been successful with so far, used to reward myself with food for the happy times and then eating sh*te when things went awry instead of taking the time to prepare proper food. OH's 22 yr old daughter is back living here full time for the summer and easy it ain't. All I wish at times is that her mother would adopt her for a week! Anyways thats a story for another forum! ;)

So anyways onwards and weighing and tracking everything this week and I WILL get that 4th silver seven by end August!!!

Oh ya anyone know - heard from someone that the class I go to may be cancelled the week of the Rose of Tralee, would I be right in presuming we would not have to pay for a missed week then? I may be able to go to another class that week in the town I work in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Turned out REALLY well....like yeah pasta sheets would be nicer.....but you know....it wasn't bad.....holy freaking hell......seriously so so so filling....i had so much fruit and veg yesterday my body didnt know what was going on....and woke up this morning....and i'm not kidding i swear some of my tummy is gone down...no bloating at all. which i normally have after pasta.

next time i'm goint to season the courgette a bit more tho, when i'm layering it going to sprinkle herbs/pepper/spices/garlic onto the couregette before adding the next layer....i think the courgette it self just needed that zing of flavour.

next time i might bring the pessata down to 400g, i did find it very runny....so when serving....kinda just looked like a plate of mince with courgette :P tasted great....just went very runny LOL

Yeh I find that with passata as well. Also you have to factor in the water from the veg and the courgette and the white sauce so maybe even less? I quatered what I usually use in spag bol the other night and it still was quite runny, so maybe when it seems like its really dry when your putting it in the dish by the time it's cooked it'll be just right. I find I have to make things a couple of times to get them just right! I'm gonna try this tomorrow night, Friday night comfort food love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

ld2011 wrote: »
    mint is lovely in a fruit smoothie mmmm... i'm probably thick for asking this, but what's a depo?

Depo-provera. It is a hormonal contraceptive injection.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭havana

Kayleen wrote: »
    Hi Lady Lainy
    Just wondering how the lasagne tasted as I printed off your recipe yesterday but want to see what you think of it first :-)

Maybe squeeze the water out of the courgette beforehand? (just saw that on the tv lol.)

Use the mint to make a lovely Tzatiki. Grate some cucumber and squeeze out the water. Add a pinch of salt and some finely chopped garlic. Chop up the mint and add everything to some Greek yoghurt. I love this!

I also put it in my water with fresh lime. Lovely and refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Hi, someone posted a recipe for chorizo and chickpea soup a while back! I copied and pasted it but there's no mention of the pp value. Can anyone help or remember it...

It went as follows:
    100g chorizo. finely chopped
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 onion, finely chopped
    2 sticks of celery, finely chopped,
    3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
    250ml tomato passata
    1 tin of chickpeas, rinsed & drained
    1L veggie stock, or water with a good stock cube thrown in
    250g spinach
    Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt

Cook the chorizo, onion, celery & garlic on a low-medium heat in a saucepan with the lid on. After 15 minutes throw in everything else except the spinach, add lashings of pepper and a pinch of salt. Bring it to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer with the lid on for 40 minutes.

When the soup is ready take out half the mixture and puree. Pour it back into the soup pot, stir it up and season. Just before you’re about to eat get the soup to piping hot and throw in the spinach, mix it up until the spinach is just wilted. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I'm back :D

Took a little break and put up 3lb, just back from WI and I was 3.5lb down :D

Back into the swing of it, and enjoying it again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fennitty

How many points are in crackers???

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Yeh I find that with passata as well. Also you have to factor in the water from the veg and the courgette and the white sauce so maybe even less? I quatered what I usually use in spag bol the other night and it still was quite runny, so maybe when it seems like its really dry when your putting it in the dish by the time it's cooked it'll be just right. I find I have to make things a couple of times to get them just right! I'm gonna try this tomorrow night, Friday night comfort food love it!

for the size of the lasagne....1/2 a pint of white sauce just barely give two layers......if anything its not enough white sauce...but trying to keep the points down...just enough to give a taste of white sauce.

I just used 500g of pesseta when making it cos it was 500g carton...lol

because the dish its self is really good points wise, could up the quorn mince, 500g quorn to 400g pessata, its just a matter of tweaking it....

like when ur just making for ur self all that matters is that it tastes good :) but i wouldnt serve runny lasagne to someone LOL.

fennitty wrote: »

How many points are in crackers???
    Worked out as 1 per cracker which is not bad but I don't know why I thought it was two cracked per pp so had a few eaten and it was this morning I copped it just dawned on me ah well the exercise helped I STS this week
    I got some recipes in WW today going to have a read one for veg lasagne

Is the WW mag out could not see it today any good recipes in it !

Worked out as 1 per cracker which is not bad but I don't know why I thought it was two cracked per pp so had a few eaten and it was this morning I copped it just dawned on me ah well the exercise helped I STS this week
    I got some recipes in WW today going to have a read one for veg lasagne

Is the WW mag out could not see it today any good recipes in it !

the August one? I got it about 2 weeks ago, weird how it kinda comes out a month before, and its all about courgettes hehe :D

• Advertisement

the August one? I got it about 2 weeks ago, weird how it kinda comes out a month before, and its all about courgettes hehe :D
    I think I have that one! the new one must be out soon so! :)

it prob be out in the next few days if its not already out, September issue already out in UK, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Weight-Watchers-Magazine/88822796818?sk=wall

I got the September issue last Wednesday or Thursday I think, next edition is due 1st September. Nice recipes alright - Gnocchi puttanesca bake - saw packs of fresh gnocchi last week in Tesco's, Beef and aubergine lasagne, recipes for tapas - are some of the ones I honed in on!

Weighing, pointing and tracking EVERYTHING today! Downwards!!!!

I'm having a hungry day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

You know what to do. Big healthy meals, healthy snacks, use your weeklies if you have to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭havana

Despite my promises on here a few weeks ago I never did start the C25k. But I've just completed day 2. I arrived home a lovely beetroot red but it was actually not too bad. I had to push myself to go but at the end of the day it's only half an hour out of my day so no excuses!!

All going well. Have lost 16lbs in 7 weeks and really starting to see a change in my shape. I'm so glad I started all this and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. I'm walking a lot more which is helping and now with the C25k I feel I'm finally getting into the swing of the last change I needed to make - excersise.

The first few weeks I tended to eat a lot of the same foods cos they felt safe and I was losing so didn't want to take any risks. But this week the meeting was about variety in your diet so I went shopping straight after and did a totally different shop than I usually would. Looking forward to seeing the outcome!!

My main tips for anyone new to PP is to plan, weigh and track. Everything!!! I'm now getting to know the size/ amount of things and their PP but if I hadn't have weighed everything religiously in the beginning I know my portion sizes would have slowly crept up.

Best of luck everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fennitty

havana wrote: »
    Despite my promises on here a few weeks ago I never did start the C25k. But I've just completed day 2. I arrived home a lovely beetroot red but it was actually not too bad. I had to push myself to go but at the end of the day it's only half an hour out of my day so no excuses!!

All going well. Have lost 16lbs in 7 weeks and really starting to see a change in my shape. I'm so glad I started all this and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. I'm walking a lot more which is helping and now with the C25k I feel I'm finally getting into the swing of the last change I needed to make - excersise.

The first few weeks I tended to eat a lot of the same foods cos they felt safe and I was losing so didn't want to take any risks. But this week the meeting was about variety in your diet so I went shopping straight after and did a totally different shop than I usually would. Looking forward to seeing the outcome!!

My main tips for anyone new to PP is to plan, weigh and track. Everything!!! I'm now getting to know the size/ amount of things and their PP but if I hadn't have weighed everything religiously in the beginning I know my portion sizes would have slowly crept up.

Best of luck everyone!!!

Hi, I'm just on the last week of a 5k training plan, thought I'd never be able to do it but its amazing how fast you get fit, so stick with it and congrats on the excellent results so far:)

Water and fruit :) but I'm preaching to the expert :)

Water and fruit :) but I'm preaching to the expert :)

far from the expert....i did munch my way thru a packet of ryvita thins....but hey....cud have done ALOT worse than ryvita!

Had a BIIIIIIIIIG dinner...and tonnes of fruit if u do want something later...but i'm ready for a food coma now....today was grocery shopping day....nothing in the fridge...freezer packed...but had no milk, no eggs, no salad, no fruit, so lunch was skimpy today...thats why i was hungery....cous cous and ryvtia and coffee LOL

But had a HUGE Hearty DEVINE dinner. loads of protein, had two stuffed chicken breasts, spuds...with skins...FIBRE!,Gravy & Salad ooooooh 20pp (well into my weeklies) but i'm stuffed and proteined up to my eyes :P

Mountain of fruit for breakie tomorrow

Plenty of protein at lunch, maybe chicken omelette or something...

and.....might make spag pol with REAL beef mince :P as a treat....thats hilarious....red meat is my treat LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kenna3

hey y'all :)

Just wondering does any of ye have the receipe/pp value for double strawberry flan,ive been reading through hundreds of posts trying to find it,i thought i copied and pasted it the other night but cant seem to find it,got a **** load of fresh fruit today and got the flan and im soooo looking forward to it for a nice wee treat at the weekend.

cheers ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement