Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birds in the air...

• 23-12-2008 7:18pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, we have started a few of our runs... confirmed strikes include Rehab Care for their autism 24/7 care centre who we knew were looking for trikes, bouncy castles and a rocking chair and also Debra Ireland also got hit and our birdie told us that they really liked the DS's we got them before and more would do nicely. Pop Cap Games donated a DS and games to so that seemed like a match (as did someone else who's name currently eludes me). If you donated a DS... thats where it went. :) We also gave them a load of games and jigsaws they were looking for.

Walking away from a fairly shocked group of DEBRA's, myself and Amp
    we're heading down the corridor to the exit and we heard someone go "oh WWWwwow!!!!" which was pretty cool...

Strikes are going to be on going over the next two weeks with one pretty huge one in the new year... I'll keep you posted :)

DeV.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Fair play DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Great stuff DeV.

I imagine this is the rewarding part for the hard work.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats the funny thing, I actually dont do anything up until this point. Everyone else does and dumps the money into the central account. Even now I have people driving me around and helping me buy stuff and deliver it. I kinda feel like the Soup Stone sometimes :)

But yeah, its very rewarding and a lot of fun. This year santa has been very late because we're stilll collecting money, but in the new year we are planning a special hit which if it comes off will be amazing (I hope)!

DeV.

Advertisement