Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

anyone else do this?

• 16-07-2005 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

i love movies iv been watchin movies for ages and i love them i wouldnt call myself a film buff cuz i cant quote movies like some other buffs and/or i cant really give you references for movies cuz of my absolutly ****ing *beep* memory ( some weird ass problem ) but if i did have some sort of working memory i'd be the *beep* :D

anyhoo i hope im not alone when i say this but iv been reading Empire mag and Total film mag for a while possibly a year? ..but reading the mags and listing out movies that might interest me and then like looking them up online such as imdb and allmovie and then either downloading or buying them? sometimes i'd spend hours researching movies to get and then checkin the msg boards here and on imdb for peoples favs and checkin them out and see if i'd like it

right now iv got about 140 dvds's it aint much compared to what iv seen on this place but im getting there :D

heh i think some of you's of seen the list but thats beyond the point

am i Mad or do some of you's do the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I loooove movies, but yet have the same problem as you. My memory fudging sux and its really starting to piss me off (I'm fregging only 20 too).

I dont have a big dvd collection at all tho, around 20/30. I'd like to have a bigger one but I really couldnt warrant spending that much money. I've got my lovely unlimited card for ugc though and thats great. Went to see Madagascar last night and it was pretty funny, Going to see The wedding crashers Sunday. W0000000p :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

heh i donno about my memory man its mad its some short term recall memory .. meaning if u tell me something and ask 5 mins later what you said i'd have forgotten it EVEN when listening this happens like 50% of the time

it sucks for work cuz they'd come in tell me to make this and how much and then go and i'd be like kewl ok sure .. and then 5 mins later i'd be like **** was it 10 or 20 she asked so on
    i did get it checked it out but blah im rambelling thats not the point!!

love your quote dude :D

the reason i got soo many is cuz my moms being paying for them she loves her movies too and she pays for them and she thinks im paying for them but im not and i dont think i can keep leeching off her like that i know its wrong but hey its better then downloading ..i'd MUCH rather to buy the movie then d/l

that being said im downloading constantine cuz its currently 22 pounds on sendit.com and the same on dvdempire ..havent checked out play . dont like play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭rideordie

@StonedParadoX...gotta love the erowid link you got there. :D

hah :P

that being said im downloading constantine cuz its currently 22 pounds on sendit.com and the same on dvdempire ..havent checked out play . dont like play

I got it alot cheaper here for ya
    Linky

Linky 2

Oh btw you got your moms number handy? You can pm me with it, I have a few dvd's I'd like to buy. Maybe she can help me out ;);) lol

• Advertisement

name them

Hummm

Constantine
    Desperate Housewives: Season 1 (6 Discs)
    Sin City (DTS) (didnt think it was a great movie, but one for the collection)
    Kung Fu Hustle: Uncut Edition (5.1/ DTS)
    12 Monkeys: Special Edition
    Coldplay Live 2003 (with Bonus CD)
    Bill & Ted's Most Excellent Collection
    Foo Fighters: Everywhere But Home (DTS)
    Hero: Director's Cut (6.1/ DTS ES)

There's a few ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Kennington

Hey!

Been reading this thread, sounds like your the people I should be talking to!
    I absolutely adore films, and would consider myself a film buff, I got the memory to prove it! :P Also I have around 600-650 DVDs at home, mental I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

StonedParadox, what did full stops ever do to you ? eh ?

heh what did they ever to do me?.. they ceased to Exist in the create a dot and die section of my brain?

i havent a clue mate i suck at punctuation i always have i think its dyslexia? *shrugs*

man i downloaded constantine there a few days ago i really wanna see it too might watch it tonight

Sin city is ****ing BRILLIANT .. i went into the cinema not knowing what the **** it was about or anything and i was blown away by its kewlness

whats kung fu hustle and Hero like?

kennington mate i need to go to your house mate and check out your DVD's
    pls pls pls? ;)

or make a list for US

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Kennington

Lol itd be too long to type!!!! I bought a few there last week at the HMV sale:

Seinfeld Seasons 1,2 and 3
    Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 1,2 and 3
    A Nightmare On Elm Street Boxset ( Nightmare on Elm Street 1,2,3,4,5,The Final Nightmare and Wes Cravens New Nightmare)
    Halloween
    The Straight Story
    Monk Season 1
    The Living Planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

kjt wrote:
    I Going to see The wedding crashers Sunday.

that film rocks...what did ya think of it?? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Can someone explain to me (in itty-bitty words pls!) exactly what this thread is all about? I'm completely stumped.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Explain to me too before I shove it into the Cuckoo's Nest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I think it's about admiting you love movies ...... but I have been wrong before ..... terribly terribly wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

ixoy wrote:
    Explain to me too before I shove it into the Cuckoo's Nest.

From my understanding, it seems like how you find out about new movies.

In that sense, www.kfccinema.com is an excellent site.

Its about ppl who like their movies but only the people that havent that good a memory about them lol.

Kung Fu hustle is absolutly brilliant. I went into it and 20seconds in their was subtitles and I just looked at my gf and she looked bk... both of us 2gether said '****' at the same time. It is actually one of my favourite movies. It almost had me crying from laughter a few times. Its a funny, action, martial artsy movie.

Hero is another martial arts type of movie, a good bit of fighting. Very good camera tricks in it.

I havent seen the wedding crashers yet, I'm going to head to it on Friday.

Oh, Try get a hold of Basketball. A very funny movie, "Coup, what a vu-joina? "

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It seems to be about the sharing of experiences people can't quite remember. :rolleyes: Movies could have something to do with it. :p I think

haha .. why doesnt this topic belong here?

i dont know what its about i didnt think you needed a reason since it was connected with "movies and films" but hey it looks like im wrong i should read up on the charter again

whats it about really?.. i dont know maybe it does belong in the cooookooos nest :(
    my poor beloved topic

kennington man dude make that list and make it now before i tell your mother yer dirty habit

Awh your poor topic. And I'm off down to wicklow for the rest of the week for a Goooooodddd time. Whats this I hear about loads of poisonis jelly fish (spelt wrong but meh)???

I was looking forward to a good few swims

• Advertisement

i thought that was on the cork / kerry side only?

where abouts in wicklow? hopefully not kilpedder / newtownmountkennedy area

I heard it was the east side :S

lol would you believe that my memory has lost the battle again... dnt know

Awh its on my tongue but I cant get it out.

Its just 20mins drive from brittas bay.... got any names to prompt me??

Redcross,,, YEA babby knew my good awl memory would do that thing... that it does.... Emmmm remember YEA thats it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well anything this thread might have been about doesn't matter now it's gone so off-topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement