Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

luc besson - the french car movie director

• 06-07-2005 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

i have seen taxi1 and 2 and the transporter
    has he any other car movies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

He didn't direct those films!

... has plent of films though, Leon, Fifth Element, Nikita are all fairly good.

Check http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm0000108/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think he did fifth element and the one about the assassin and the little girl, leon.

or have i gone mad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Transporter 2's in the making!
    Cannot wait!
    POW!
    'I need to pee!'
    Cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

slightly off-topic:

It seems like from IMDB, he hasn't directed many movies, more towards writing and producing.

Well, my current favourite car movie would be ronin.

Not strictly cars, but I loved the chase scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

And, apparantly, he also directed the film submitted to the International Olympic Commitee as part of Paris' bid for the 2012 Olympics today as well. Saw it mentioned on Sky News or Eurosport or something earlier today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

i got a copy there and i tihink luc besson directed it
    its in russian the copy i have so i dont even know the name of it now -sorry!
    its got a load of stories going at once anyway- le mans cars,rally car, formula 2000 or summit id say
    any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

YOu guys should definately watch 'The Big Blue' directed by him. Beautiful film, although quite long,. I've never got to the end of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭seo-ireland

Transporter 2 w00t!!!! Favourite line from the original Transporter "He's a bastard, but he's still my father", that was a great movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,699 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ah Luc Besson, quite the legend of a man. Ya he produced all the taxi movies and also the new remade one. The Big Blue as Larianne said is really great. Directed Tomb Raider as well oddly enough as well as Joan of Arc, favs of his wud be Leon, Nikita, Big Blue, Taxi 1 and 2, Transporter, The Fifth element. Think he may be married or have some romantic connection to Mila Jovovich which makes him some sort of god in my book!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

Think he may be married or have some romantic connection to Mila Jovovich which makes him some sort of god in my book!
    They were married. not anymore. She's single again (though she was seeing the guy who directed Resident Evil... so you know what to do, start directing a film, get Milla Jovovich to star in it and she's yours!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Directed Tomb Raider as well oddly enough as well as Joan of Arc, favs of his wud be Leon, Nikita, Big Blue, Taxi 1 and 2, Transporter, The Fifth element. !

No he didnt direct Tomb Raider. He didnt have anything to do with it. Hes only directed about 10 films, Leon, Nikita, the Big Blue, the Fifth Element, Joan of Arc, another other film about the ocean, and a few french ones.

Some of the films he writes are ususally very good too, Unleashed, the Transporter 1+2 and Bandidas, which if anything, looks really good. He produces most of these too, I wish he had of directed some of these. They've got nothing on Leon though.

They were married. not anymore. She's single again (though she was seeing the guy who directed Resident Evil... so you know what to do, start directing a film, get Milla Jovovich to star in it and she's yours!)

SHES WHAT!? She left Luc Beson for Paul W.S. Anderson! If Luc Beson was the ugliest person on earth I'd still rather be with him than that ****ing hack Paul W.S. Anderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Kazaanova wrote:
    SHES WHAT!? She left Luc Beson for Paul W.S. Anderson! If Luc Beson was the ugliest person on earth I'd still rather be with him than that ****ing hack Paul W.S. Anderson.
    Perhaps she knows something of the personalities of both, presumably having had a few more martinis with both than you or I have. Or perhaps Anderson buys her flowers and she doesn't rate being a good director as being the most important aspect of a relationship.

Makes a little more sense, huh?

Have you ever seen a Paul W. Anderson film?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Kazaanova wrote:
    Have you ever seen a Paul W. Anderson film?
    Unless you found him a bad dinner date I completely fail to see the significance of your question for who he's doing at the weekends, though obviously you just don't get this. How about a quick comic-store-guy retort from you before other people can get back on topic if they like?

Got me there, I was being completely serious. Theres no way anyone could find an actress going out with a talented director and then one of the worst in the business amusing could they? Nope, couldn't make a joke about that, especially not on a film board. I'll have to stand by my 100% serious comments, as I obviously think everyone should judge their boyfriends and girlfriends by the films they've directed. Wait, I couldn't of said those things in jest could I? Nah, impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Getting back on topic slightly...

Transporter 2 trailer Here

Advertisement