Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shantih

I have a phone interview today. I was wondering if there is anyone who has taught with Sabis who would be willing to share their experiences? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Fitzilicious

How long after you applied did you get the phone interview?
    I am just finalising my application.
    Could I ask if you have much teaching experience?

Hiya

I submitted an application before Christmas, there was a Sabis stand at the careers fair in UCD and the deadline for applications was the 1st of January. I heard back from them on the 26th of December and they requested a phone interview the following day the 27th December but I didn't see the email until a few days later. However when I read the General Information Sheet http://www.iscdxb-sabis.net/Gulfapplicants/ that they had sent me and after some further research I decided that it wasn't for me.
    However, I got a call this Sunday asking if I would still be interested in a phone interview. I was still very unsure, but I have actually just spoken to someone who taught with them and he said that overall it was a positive experience.
    From this evidence, I would say that they are definitely still looking for people, so you might hear back quite soon. To be honest, I have no teaching experience nor have I done the H-dip etc. or even TEFL (although I'm considering doing one now) The nearest thing I have is working as a volunteer tutor with primary school children in a homework club. So I don't think experience is essential, it seems they give you very intensive training anyway.
    Sorry to go on, hope this helps! Best of luck with the application.

Thanks a mill for the information!

I emailed them last week asking about the jobs and they sent me all of the information so I presume that there are still positions.
    The application form is quite detailed...did you spend a long time on it?

Actually I remember now that was another thing that put me off orginally, so no I didn't. They just rang me out of the blue on Sunday so they really must be looking for people!

• Advertisement

Great thanks!

I may just fill it in as best I can and get it sent off ASAP!

Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 UL2008

I had an interview yesterday and got offered the jobs so I reckon there still looking?

That's great, well done.
    Was the interview tough?
    Can I ask do you have much teaching experience?

Only sending off my stuff tomorrow!

No really informal-there were 2 men and they were lovely!

Cool, thanks for the info!

Are you going taking the job?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gill8

Hi Guys,
    I've also applied to SABIS and had my phone interview back in February. They got back to me the following week and offered me a second interview which was to take place (in Dublin) mid-end of March. They've since said that the interviews in Dublin are postponed until on or around 16th April. So...
    UL, I'm taking you did yours in Limerick! How much time did they give you to decide whether or not you're going to take the job? And did they say much about the visa procedure? My passport expires in December so I'm going to have to get a new one befoer leaving (if i get the job) which is going to be a whole barrel of laughs given the passport office FIASCO! But I'll probably need it to get a visa so I'm worried if I send it too soon I won't get the visa and too late and I won't get a flight!
    Also, was the interview ok? Very formal attire or no?

I only sent off my application and stuff on Tuesday.
    How long was it before you heard back from them originally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gill8

Well I didn't fill out the application to start with , I just emailed them saying I was interested and attached my CV. That was on a Wednesday, had a missed call from them on the Sunday and an email on the Monday saying I'd been shortlisted for a phone interview the following Monday. They also told me to fill in the application, send them a copy of my passport etc.
    After the phone interview (about 25 minutes, mostly based on the answers you gave in the application form) it was about two weeks before I got an email saying I'd been successful and giving me details of the face to face interviews.
    As I said before, the Dublin interviews are apparently around 16th April, so all going well you should have plenty of time to go through the procedures and still make it.

Cool, thanks for the info! :)

I have a phone interview on Monday!!
    Do the interviews last long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Where do I get the application form??

Hi Nick,

If you email them at careersgulf@sabis.net.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Anyone know that the pay is??

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Fallen Seraph

http://www.sabis-warning.com/

Just a website ye might want to be aware of. Take from its existence what ye will; I have no personal experience to corroborate its accuracy.

Sorry havn't been on in ages!

The interview was really informal just asking you much like what wa son the initial application form!!! Has anyone had an interview with them yet?

I have friends working for them all over the UAE and they absolutely love it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kikis

Hi All,

I sent a CV and cover note to SABIS on Tuesday.

My friend did the same a couple of weeks back and yesterday was offered a position-she was sent an application form by e-mail and did not apply directly to the available posts online.

Has anybody else heard from them recently/does anybody know if there are still positions available?

Thanks

Hi,

I was due to have an interview on Sunday but I had to cancel it last minute.
    So I would assume that there are still positions.

Thanks!

Fingers crossed.

How did you apply originally-did you contact them directly first with a CV or did you apply through the positions available online?

I just sent an email enquiring, they then sent me application and I filled those out.
    I then had a phone interview the beginning of April.

It was all pretty straight forward.

Pay is €1,300 per month.

Cool.

Did they take long to get back to you?

Sorry for all the questions!!

Around a week or two I think!

Thanks a million for all your answers.

Hopefully I hear back from then soon.

Good luck with your next interview too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dudika

I had an interview with Sabis. I have no experiences. I have only read some websites about this school and it really confused me because I did not really read any good about them. I have a contract, I have not signed it yet. ..don't know what to do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Hammer Hands

Hey guys,

I was offered a job in Dubai city, and sent my contract off there last week. I'm running around now trying to get clearance forms, and letters from college sorted. I'm flying out around 25th august (flights being booked by personnel officer next week) and can't wait! Has anyone else signed a contract?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 nayroul

hi, i just sent an email to Sabis enquiring about positions, havent heard back yet, anyone know if there has been interviews etc for the past few weeks?

Advertisement