Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

July 2013 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Hi Ladies, I had a very exciting week! We had our 20 week scan and I heard the babies heartbeat for the first time!! The baby wouldn't move it was asleep holding its feet and refused to stretch out no matter how much it was prodded or I coughed! Its an awkward sod already ;) I also got engaged!!! So there's even more excitement in the SnoozySuzie household :D

SnoozySuzie - Congratulations on your engagement!!! Also delighted to hear all went well with your 20 week scan.

We had our scan yesterday and all is well. Baby is always active in the morning time so there was lots of movement with arms and legs, etc. Got some fantastic pics - even got a pic of a foot and one pic of hand waving "hello" :D

The relief to have the 20 week scan done is amazing. We didnt find out what were having, Id love to know but I love the idea of it being a surprise more :)

Hope everyone is well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭vanna

Congratulations Snoozysuzy on the engagement. Glad to hear all the scans went well. We had ours too yesterday and everything looks good. Was disappointed not to have a very detailed scan though. I have asked for one as I have spina bifida and I want to make sure all the folic acid I've been taking has paid off! The doctor said they don't do them as routine but he will put in a request for one for me. It's crazy that the care women get differs so much from one hospital to another. If it turns out that I can't have one I'll book a private one.
    All that aside it's great to get to the halfway point. My bump has taken on a life of it's own, my bump bands are coming in very handy.
    Take care girls. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Aww I'm in bed with a terrible stomach bug. Have only managed a banana and wafer biscuit bar today and they both came back up. Don't want to chance eating anything else. This is the worse I've felt in years. Hopefully it's only a 24 hour thing and I'll be up and ready on Thursday for my big scan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Had my scan yesterday in Holles St. It was amazing. We could clearly see the fingers and toes, the nose, the lips, eyes, bum, everything :) it has my nose! i'm a week earlier than i thought, only 20 weeks when i thought i was 21, so not due until july 22nd. But still could go anytime around then so not too disappointed, just that we'll have to wait a week longer to meet her. Yes, i said her! Since she's a week smaller than expected, they weren't sure, but the doc put it as 95% it's a girl :) i'm so happy :) I have another scan in three weeks as they want to get proper measurements (the baby was too small to see properly through the skin) so i'll get another chance to see her :) everything is forming nicely though! getting excited for reals now! :D

Feeling very hormonal today. I live away from family and friends and I'm struggling with the fact that most of the important people in my life won't actually see me pregnant. I work in residential so when I'm off everyone else is working. I have friends from work and my neighbor has become a good friend but it's just not the same. Sorry for the moan!! I'm sure none of this will bother me tomorrow. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

vanna wrote: »
    Feeling very hormonal today. I live away from family and friends and I'm struggling with the fact that most of the important people in my life won't actually see me pregnant. I work in residential so when I'm off everyone else is working. I have friends from work and my neighbor has become a good friend but it's just not the same. Sorry for the moan!! I'm sure none of this will bother me tomorrow. :-)

Don't apologise Vanna, many of us live away from family so we know how you feel *hugs*

wolfpawnat wrote: »

Don't apologise Vanna, many of us live away from family so we know how you feel *hugs*
    Thanks a million wolfpawnat. :) It's great to be able to come on here and talk. Don't want to talk to my partner as he'll only worry. Anyway as I said earlier I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day.
    Thanks again. Take care. :-)

Baby has finally decided to go into a position where I can feel movement! :D So weird. It was the first thing I missed when I had my son. I was starting to worry why I wasn't feeling anything. Irrational I know since it is all about position and everything, but still, it is reassuring to feel the little flickers.

Baby has finally decided to go into a position where I can feel movement! :D So weird. It was the first thing I missed when I had my son. I was starting to worry why I wasn't feeling anything. Irrational I know since it is all about position and everything, but still, it is reassuring to feel the little flickers.

What do they feel like for you? N where on your tummy can you feel them ? :)

loubian wrote: »
    What do they feel like for you? N where on your tummy can you feel them ? :)

Well so far two have been strong little kicks you could not deny for anything. Sort of like the tiniest of nudges from within, but most have been little flickers of movement, almost like tiny little painless momentary spasms. Before I could put my hand over it, they would go again. Some are just above the bellybutton, which is right with the docs opinions that I am 20 weeks. but most have been lower making me wonder what way the little thing has decided to position itself at all. I still have two weeks to my scan so I won't know what way it is lying til then.

They are such light little things, no.1 left me with no doubts from day one, Jean Claude Van Damme must have been his in utero idol. This one is far more shy with the moments.

• Advertisement

Happy Mothers Day to all the mammies and mammies to be. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Had my 20 week scan today, all is looking well, still haven't felt baby move so it was great to see it on the screen moving about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I'm Twenty two weeks and just knackered tired. Struggling in my pretty active job this past week. Would love to cut down to part time but not sure if I'll get enough credits for maternity benefit and also I'm a bit afraid I'll end up with no hours at work (which the boss has done to the two part timers this week). Arrrrgh, will I never win the lotto?!!

I'm Twenty two weeks and just knackered tired. Struggling in my pretty active job this past week. Would love to cut down to part time but not sure if I'll get enough credits for maternity benefit and also I'm a bit afraid I'll end up with no hours at work (which the boss has done to the two part timers this week). Arrrrgh, will I never win the lotto?!!

Since I never applied for it I am not sure, but isn't MB based on your previous tax years credits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Yeah pretty sure it is based on 2011 for 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Yeah pretty sure it is based on 2011 for 2013.

I was unemployed in 2011, so I need to be working 39 weeks prior to going on leave this year - twas confirmed by the maternity hotline. He included xmas work I did last year plus credits I earned while unemployed and said I need to make 24 weeks this year, making it end of May before I can knock off. :(

I must ring and ask if that's a full time week of does it matter if I go part time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Has anyone bought a good baby name book? We are having a terrible time even thinking of a name let alone agreeing on one?? We can link every name back to someone we know (and dont like) :D I've been looking online but I think I'd prefer to get a book and mark the ones we like? Is anyone else having this trouble? I dont remember it being this hard naming our 2 dogs :p

Has anyone bought a good baby name book? We are having a terrible time even thinking of a name let alone agreeing on one?? We can link every name back to someone we know (and dont like) :D I've been looking online but I think I'd prefer to get a book and mark the ones we like? Is anyone else having this trouble? I dont remember it being this hard naming our 2 dogs :p
    Hi SnoozySuzie. We downloaded the top 100 names from the cao and we each wrote down the ones we liked, we compared our lists and then whittled it down to one shorter list. We have a definite(for now) on the boy and two that we really like for a girl. It's a very difficult thing to do. Sorry I can't give you the name of a book but maybe try what we did. You could widen the search and look at the top 100 UK and US names too.
    Good luck! :-)

I was unemployed in 2011, so I need to be working 39 weeks prior to going on leave this year - twas confirmed by the maternity hotline. He included xmas work I did last year plus credits I earned while unemployed and said I need to make 24 weeks this year, making it end of May before I can knock off. :(

I must ring and ask if that's a full time week of does it matter if I go part time.....

Best ring to ask but FWIR it's the number of PRSI contributions you make not the monetary value of them.

When applying for marternity benefit and child benefit etc, do you have to make an appointment with the local social welfare office, and if so, how soon before you give birth have you to do it... does any one know?
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

For maternity benefit you need to complete the following:

http://www.welfare.ie/en/pdf/mb10.pdf

For child benefit the forms are sent to you once you register the birth of the baby.

Heading to my 22 week scan now. Excited to be seeing the little thing again and seeing how it is getting on. :)

Heading to my 22 week scan now. Excited to be seeing the little thing again and seeing how it is getting on. :)

Aw enjoy hun, I had a scan on Tuesday this week and it was great to see the 2 babies! :-)

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Aw enjoy hun, I had a scan on Tuesday this week and it was great to see the 2 babies! :-)

Weather was dismal and only in the door now, but baby is flying it! Wouldn't hold still for a moment, the poor sonographer was cursing the little thing. We were ages getting everything done because it kept balling up and flipping around. But all the measurements were good so that's good. Placenta is low so they think it will be another c-section, another scan at 34 weeks (12 weeks time) to see if hopefully it is a bit higher. I'm not too bothered though, as long as baby gets here healthy I don't care if it goes the au natural route or the sun roof option!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

My wife is due on the 7th July at Holles st. Pretty exciting....

Baby is moving around everyday, sometimes kicking outside and then turns around and kicks her bladder and gut. Must be tough being pregnant ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misspumpqueen

23 weeks today. 17 weeks to go. 15 weeks til i get to leave my job. Have my scan tomorrow :) and my social worker appointment :) hope all will go well.

23 weeks today. 17 weeks to go. 15 weeks til i get to leave my job. Have my scan tomorrow :) and my social worker appointment :) hope all will go well.

Yikes that is close to your due date. But I suppose the closer before hand, the longer off after. Sitting around the house waiting to go into labour is horrible, you get way too bored even if you are doing things because all you are thinking about is "will the baby ever come!" The scan will be great. It is so anazing seeing them on screen and seeing how much they have grown :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has booked antenatal classes or gone to them? Ive really put it on the long finger and am afraid I may have left it too late. Im 24 weeks on Wednesday and only getting around to looking into the classes now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misspumpqueen

Yikes that is close to your due date. But I suppose the closer before hand, the longer off after. Sitting around the house waiting to go into labour is horrible, you get way too bored even if you are doing things because all you are thinking about is "will the baby ever come!" The scan will be great. It is so anazing seeing them on screen and seeing how much they have grown :D

Well, the 15 weeks is approximating! I'd love to leave now but i can't! Plus, yeah it would leave me with more time at the end! All my brothers and cousins in the family have been late, so there's a possibility i might be late, so trying to not have to spend lots of time off without a baby. That being said, i just have to see how i am feeling and if it happens that i'm absolutely exhausted, i might take an extra week or two!

• Advertisement

I was supposed to go to them with my first but couldn't due to an idiotic MIL. I booked the first at 29/30 weeks, the Rotunda were slightly peeved I left it too long but were accommodating. Pity I never turned up :o

Won't be able to go this time at all.

Advertisement