Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due Feb 2013!!

Options
  • 26-06-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Anyone else out there?

I found out very unexpectedly myself and my husband are expecting last week and ever since I have a million questions! We are both delighted but I live abroad alone with work and its very hard as this is my first pregnancy and I have no one to ask any questions!

Hopefully there are other lucky ladies out there to join me!

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Congratulations,
    All very exciting im due feb 2013 too, 1st pregnancy and myself and partner delighted !
    Due feb 14th but prob might change !!
    Dunno how will get till 12 weeks and can start telling people feels like ages away, im 6weeks+5days , Going to book first doctors appointment tomor ,
    Feel great but tired very easily , boobs sore and some nausea !

How are you feeling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

Finally someone!

Congratulations! Its all a bit crazy!

I am only in my 5th week. A very long way to go. Last week I had serious aches in the back of my legs hips and back. Also cramps in my pelvis. This week that has subsided but now have sickness and gagging and headaches. I am always yawning but feel ok to be honest.

The main thing concerning me is EVERY site I go on there is a lot of talk about MC. I can't avoid it. Its putting the fear of god in me to the point I want to ring the doctor every two mins! I want to think happy thoughts and get excited but its hard to stay calm.

Oh to tell some one! When is ur first appointment? Mine are ages away! I'm semi private in holles and my bloods are 13 august and first scan sept 13?? Seems very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

I'm 5.5 weeks also! The tiredness almost has me on the floor, along with the dizziness, head aches, sore boobs etc! Having mild cramping which is scary.

Try not to worry about having a MC (easier said that done, I'm sitting here googling ectopic pregnancies for the past hour :o). A certain amount of mild pain is apparently normal and happens most people. I'm hyper sensitive at the minute as I had a MC in December but if it gets worse or if there's bleeding see your doctor. I'm going to the doc tomorrow so please god everything is ok

Hi guys,

Went to the doctor this morning and he listened to the baby's heart beat. He said it should be between 150 and 180 and it was 182!! How exciting!! Now I feel like I can relax for a few days and not worry so much.

He said to come back in another few weeks and he would do it again. It seems so odd to be left to my own devices for so long.

I booked a private scan in the Merrion fetal clinic at 10 weeks as otherwise I would be waiting until Sept for my first scan and its too long. Its on the 1st of August! Ages away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Hi ladies

I am also due Feb 2013 but I am really confused about the exact date. I thought I was doing well with my little charting project and I had worked out that I am due around the 20th - but today the Dr. gave me a due date of the 6th instead. :(
    The difference is because she calculated on a 28 day cycle even after I told her I had a (very long) 43 day cycle...She said that 'it doesnt matter what she thinks or what I think - the only way to be sure is by a dating scan'...grrrrr

Am heading for an early scan next week hopefully, if they can fit me in. Maybe they can solve the due date conundrum for me then..

But it's definitely February :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I think I'm the first week of March but dont have docs appt until tomorrow eve to have that confirmed. Think I'll just hang out on your thread until its confirmed. :p

Feeling great at the mo...am super super super excited!!!

Hi ladies, i got the shock of my life the other day when period was late and did test and was positive. Dont know how it happened we are always careful. This is no 5!! Have come around to the idea now though (not that I have a choice!!) and thinking of babynames, godparents ect. Looking forward to it now and planning a home birth. Hope ur all doing well

Baa I lost my last post! Anyways, great to see new people and hopefully everything will go well for us.

Ended up in hospital last Sunday and going back next Thursday, very worried but trying to stay positive. Weirdly enough I was delighted to be puking today!

Hi all,

me too :-) found out on Wednesday that we are six weeks gone. I had only been off the pill about a week when it happened....so much for it can take up to a year!! In shock and thrilled but finding it so hard not to tell anyone - I think I am about to burst!

Anyway congrats fellow future mammy's!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Hi all,

Just found out Wednesday that we are due in Feb too - One week off the pill when it happened....so much for thinking it would take a year! I am bursting to tell people but cannot yet!

Just a little worried about a friend that has been trying longer with no sucess - we always said it would be very upsetting when one of us got to this point and the other wasn't there yet :-(

Oh well, congrats ladies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭magicface1

Hi Guys,

Found out yesterday that my beautiful fiancé is 6.5 weeks pregnant. We are both extremely scared but absolutely delighted. It's a long road to go but we are so looking forward to it. Just wondering when is a good time to tell our parents. We were thinking of telling them next week just them and no one else as they would be great support for the two of us up until week 12. Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Hi BP congratulations and welcome!

It is a pity about your friend trying for so long but as she is your friend I am sure she will be happy for you. Women are however very hard on themselves. We always look inwards instead of at the happy moment! When I told my friends I was getting maried instead of congratulating me they all went on about how they didnt even have a boyfriend yet and they were so stressed out and forgot I was standing there. I am not looking forward to telling them I am pregnant!!

Would anyone mind sharing where they are booked into? I am currently booked into Holles Street SP but got panicked as my appointments were not until the 13th of August for the 2 hour appointment (which seemly doesnt include a scan) and also my scan appointment wasnt till the 13th of Sept which i thought was rdiculous. This week I registered with the Coombe to give myself options and I will then decide. Anyone else with the coombe or Holles street? Thoughts?

How did you register with the Coombe? Im trying to call them and cant get through!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

welcome ladies (and daddy :) )

I just got confirmation for my scan next Friday. Am delighted they could do it for me as it will hopefully put my mind at ease for when I get home to ireland to tell the folks in 2 weeks time!

thanks Expecting the Unexpected (and congrats on the engagement and pregnancy!!!!!!!!) :-) It is great to say it out loud, well type it out loud anyway!

We haven't made any appointments yet - off to see the GP next week and then we will go from there with scans and the like....was at the Mount Carmel recently for an unrelated issue and they make going private sound great (a nursery so you can get sleep etc), but the fees (for any private) are hefty enough - even including VHI and tax you are looking at 2-3k....

ah well, will know more next week!

congrats to all here :-)

magicface1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Found out yesterday that my beautiful fiancé is 6.5 weeks pregnant. We are both extremely scared but absolutely delighted. It's a long road to go but we are so looking forward to it. Just wondering when is a good time to tell our parents. We were thinking of telling them next week just them and no one else as they would be great support for the two of us up until week 12. Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

We told our parents straight away! I'm a bag of nerves and needed my mammys reassurance :o I find it great to have someone so close to me who understands and god forbid, if things go wrong they'll be there

Hey, I'm a march mam to be but I'm on my own in that thread so going to hang out with you guys for a while! I got my pregnancy confirmed in docs on Thursday eve and got my referral for the coombe. I noticed on Friday on the coombe website that you need to send in a registration form and not a referral. Couldnt get through to them at all on fri to confirm this? Has anyone else successfully registered with them yet?

Hi, I understand from their website if ur doctor refers you you don't have to send in a registration form. The main switch board number answers after 10am and if u ask for patient services they can answer for u.

I am living abroad Monday day to Thursday and faxed them from Zurich last week with my registration form. They said it takes 5 working days to hear anything back. So I'll let you know.

I have defo had a hormone increase. Last night I cried my eyes out for no reason for two hours and this morning I was vomiting for the first time. Feel horrific and had to get up and pack and get in a taxi and am currently sitting outside the ladies toilets in terminal 1. Never felt so sorry for myself! Let's just hope my seat has a paper bag!!

Week 7 is here with a blast! Not complaining tho as have to remember every day I am lucky!!

I am seeing my GP on Wednesday again so we will get referral etc then!

For me, week seven so far has started with me almost falling asleep on the loo (sorry people) and at my desk....I don't think I can make the next 4 hours awake!!! I cannot read the news anymore because of that poor Irish family in the UK because it makes me want to cry, which makes hiding a pregnancy hard if you are crying in public!!!

thankfully morning sickness is still only feeling like getting sick...

ah well, I hope the hospital gets sorted and the vomiting subsides....

Finding it so hard being abroad on my own in a hotel room :( for some reason every night I feel so sick and then get so upset cause I am on my own. Told work I could no longer travel every week and they nearly harrassed me with questions as to why not. I managed to make up a reason but I can tell they are annoyed.

It means I am back in two weeks with no more travel. I am so so tired from early and late flights and trying not get sick while I Q for security.

Im just finished lunch and for the 3rd time this week I have a serious stabbing pain in the lining of my stomach after I eat. Does anyone else get this? It hurts so much.

I should really stop moaning!! I just have no one to talk to as my husband is back in Ireland and busy working all day and obviously cant say anything to my clients.

Just ahve to try and remember how lucky I am and let that keep me going.

• Advertisement

Hey Expecting,

don't worry about moaning, it is only natural, especially when you are aboard and not near the hubby. At least you will be back home soon so you can moan to him in the evenings!!! Anyways that is what we are here for :-)

Virtual hug!

On the plus side I can no longer face the fridge in the morning so I am getting my lunch made for me by the hubby!

Well we are all very quite. I am so busy with work finding it hard to get on here.

The other night I read the 'Birthing Stories' thread. I would advise everyone to steer clear of this until you are 100% ready to read it. Half the time I was in shock and dont understand a lot of the terminology on there. Had to close it!! Became completely overwhelmed.

:eek:

I am fying home tonght and have a GP appointment in the morning. I am going to get a check up and (please god) hear the heart beat. 9 weeks tomorrow so really hoping all is well. :)

Next week is my last week travelling!! I have never felt so happy!!!

I suffer with both Migraine and IBS and so far I have noted that all symptoms have comepletely stopped since I became pregnant. Anyone else have this?

How is everyone feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Well we are all very quite. I am so busy with work finding it hard to get on here.

The other night I read the 'Birthing Stories' thread. I would advise everyone to steer clear of this until you are 100% ready to read it. Half the time I was in shock and dont understand a lot of the terminology on there. Had to close it!! Became completely overwhelmed.

:eek:

I am fying home tonght and have a GP appointment in the morning. I am going to get a check up and (please god) hear the heart beat. 9 weeks tomorrow so really hoping all is well. :)

Next week is my last week travelling!! I have never felt so happy!!!

I suffer with both Migraine and IBS and so far I have noted that all symptoms have comepletely stopped since I became pregnant. Anyone else have this?

How is everyone feeling?

Hey expecting- snooping over from the december thread! Regarding the heatbeat...I was at the GP's when I was about 10 weeks along and she tried to listen to the heartbeat for me (as I had done no scan, had NO symptoms and was freaking myself out waiting for my 12 week scan!) and my GP found it extremely hard to find the heartbeat. The uterus is still behind the pelvis at that point and even the most highly trained scanner will have a hard time finding it if at all. So don't fret if they can't listen to it! She found nothing at 10 weeks- went to my scan 2 weeks later and everything was perfect- baby was kicking up a storm! Also just went to my appointment at 19 weeks along and they could hear the heart beat straight off- It just needs time to rise above the pelvis! So fingers crossed if they find the heartbeat and if not try to not let it worry you!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 theoldoll

Hi all,
    Just new to boards.ie after reading some of your posts, decided I'd take the pluge and say hi!

I am 9 weeks preggo today :)
    Delighted but WORST TIMING EVER, as we're getting married in 2 months.. eeek!

No one knows yet as I think I'm still in denial myself...

Will I be an elephant on my wedding day??

congrats old doll :-) Eh I don't know how big you will be, but go for the auld flowers in front of the bump trick for photos!!!

I am in a wedding party soon (at 11 weeks) so hopefully no on notices as by the end of the day I do a have a little belly (that could just be the food I ate and a lack of sit ups!)!

I rang Holles St, going Semi-Private - they don't do the first scan until 16-18 weeks, is that normal? I have booked in for a private 12 week scan because I cannot wait that long!

I am all worried because my 'symptoms' aren't that bad (sorry!) - just feeling a little ill in the morning and fatigue, but my mother assures me that she was the same, but still cannot help but worry.

Anyway nearly nine weeks now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Hi ladies. My friend is due in Feb too. We are not to sure how far she is we think about 10 / 11 weeks. She went to her GP today to get her referral sorted. When she asked about her 12 week scan he said they don't do them anymore. Is this correct?

He said she would be waiting until 20 weeks for her scan. This seems very long to me!

bp wrote: »
    congrats old doll :-) Eh I don't know how big you will be, but go for the auld flowers in front of the bump trick for photos!!!

I am in a wedding party soon (at 11 weeks) so hopefully no on notices as by the end of the day I do a have a little belly (that could just be the food I ate and a lack of sit ups!)!

I rang Holles St, going Semi-Private - they don't do the first scan until 16-18 weeks, is that normal? I have booked in for a private 12 week scan because I cannot wait that long!

I am all worried because my 'symptoms' aren't that bad (sorry!) - just feeling a little ill in the morning and fatigue, but my mother assures me that she was the same, but still cannot help but worry.

Anyway nearly nine weeks now :-)

BP who did you book your scan with?

Does anybody know if you can book a scan in a hospital as opposed to a scan centre?

I'm just skipping over from March thread, I'm going semi private in the coombe and I got my spots this week. I have my dating scan in wk12 followed by consultants appt in week 15.

Regarding early scans the coombe only do them if you have a obs history that would require one. We booked ours for rathgar clinic. You could book in the beacon, holles st or mount Carmel though.

Thanks Yellow Hen. So does that mean she won't get a 12 week scan unless you books one herself ( she is going to Holles Street )

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    Thanks Yellow Hen. So does that mean she won't get a 12 week scan unless you books one herself ( she is going to Holles Street )

I don't have firsthand experience with holles st but I've read other peoples posts here that their first scan was 20weeks. It's a very long time to wait.

Advertisement