Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lair Caek! 5 Layers of deliciousness! Dedicated to Mr Wolf!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Evening gang
    watching star trek

NEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDD!

*I'm actually a bit of a nerd myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yep it's been 2 days. I really don't know what I could have done. I feel like nobody wants me here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Yep it's been 2 days. I really don't know what I could have done. I feel like nobody wants me here.

we want you here :)

It will blow over, she is probably just in a mood and not realising she is taking it out on you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

hey there people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

hondasam wrote: »

This is true :D

Jane, could you not stay in your BF's for a night? Would help ease it on you and give your mum time to get over what's bothering her that she's taking out on you..

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »

It will blow over, she is probably just in a mood and not realising she is taking it out on you.

Awh thanks. :) Hopefully it will be okay. Not the first time it's happened though tbh.

Really wish I could. He's just gone home today. He's from Longford and I'm from Laois.

Awh thanks. :) Hopefully it will be okay. Not the first time it's happened though tbh.

Mothers have bad days too, do ye usually get along? is she prone to moody days?

hi wolfie

Lately we don't and I really don't think it's anything I'm doing or anything that anyone is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Jane can you move out?

• Advertisement

Can't really afford to tbh. I'll be going back to college in September hopefully though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Sorry to hear about your issues with your mother Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Can't really afford to tbh. I'll be going back to college in September hopefully though.
    I really hope you are going back to college. I know I could be way off but your mam could be going through the change. If you have any other siblings is she like that with them?

Lately we don't and I really don't think it's anything I'm doing or anything that anyone is doing.

Like I said she might have stuff that is bothering her and just can't say what it is. Is she under pressure with work maybe?

Kkkitty - that has actually been mentioned to me before so you could be right.

Hondasam - she doesn't work outside of the home but it could be stuff that's going on with my gran. But tbh she's always been quite tough to deal with.

Family, the ties that bind and gag

I'm alright thankfully with my close family but cousins and aunts, uncles etc can fupp right off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

are you in Carlow by any chance pixie? sorry just being nosey:D

hey all

Sorry, only saw this now. No, Slieverue, just over the Kilkenny border.
    jammstarr wrote: »
    Evening gang

NEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDD!

*I'm actually a bit of a nerd myself :o

feck you! it's great
    KKkitty wrote: »
    I really hope you are going back to college. I know I could be way off but your mam could be going through the change. If you have any other siblings is she like that with them?

I think it's the change as well Jane. My mum went a bit mad (well more mad than usual) when she went through the change, unfortunately early onset menopause is prominent in my mum's side of the family (she has 7 sisters) so I don't think that helped either.

I think I caught a cold on Saturday night hopping from the house to the car and the car to the cinema and back :( I hate the way my nose gets so sore to touch :(

I think it's the change as well Jane. My mum went a bit mad (well more mad than usual) when she went through the change, unfortunately early onset menopause is prominent in my mum's side of the family (she has 7 sisters) so I don't think that helped either.

Yeah I think it could be too. It still hurts though. I feel like she doesn't want me here anymore. I don't think I can take a whole lot more and I can't talk to her about it. You probably saw my posts in tLL pixiebean, it's probably worse since then even.

Yeah I think it could be too. It still hurts though. I feel like she doesn't want me here anymore. I don't think I can take a whole lot more and I can't talk to her about it. You probably saw my posts in tLL pixiebean, it's probably worse since then even.

Has she been to GP about it or anything? Think you really need to get someone to sit down with her. Does she have sisters or close female friends? (don't involve a male, she might eat him lol!) She might need to get the old HRT or something to cool her jets a bit

• Advertisement

I think I caught a cold on Saturday night hopping from the house to the car and the car to the cinema and back :( I hate the way my nose gets so sore to touch :(

What did you go to see my fella nerd? :o

What did you go to see my fella nerd? :o

and proud of it :D

Went to see Prometheus and so disappointed. I liked the film but I just expected more. Head over to the Prometheus thread in the film forum to see my rant! (beware of spoilers there though)

There was a couple sitting next to me in the cinema and during any of the gory scenes the girl was nearly up on his lap cringing into his shoulder. iT wasn't that bad!

I'd love to see it actually however I've been burned by hyped up films many times so will keep an open mind to it.

Has she been to GP about it or anything? Think you really need to get someone to sit down with her. Does she have sisters or close female friends? (don't involve a male, she might eat him lol!) She might need to get the old HRT or something to cool her jets a bit

No as far as I know she hasn't. She can be secretive when it comes to going to the doctor and stuff like that. I wouldn't even know how to go about talking to anyone about it because nobody knows how her moods go. She does have a sister and a couple of friends. Wouldn't really be comfortable talking to her them and my aunt has enough on her plate without this.

I'd love to see it actually however I've been burned by hyped up films many times so will keep an open mind to it.

I'd still recommend seeing it in the cinema. It is visually great and it is a good film but if like me you're naturally cynical and go into it thinking Ridley Scott is going to answer burning questions you've had for years, you'll be wrong!
    No as far as I know she hasn't. She can be secretive when it comes to going to the doctor and stuff like that. I wouldn't even know how to go about talking to anyone about it because nobody knows how her moods go. She does have a sister and a couple of friends. Wouldn't really be comfortable talking to her them and my aunt has enough on her plate without this.

Ah okay. I suppose I'm lucky my mum has 7 sisters. I don't necessarily have a relationship with all of them but I know if something was up with the mammy I'd feel comfortable contacting any of them to ask for help if needed.

I don't really have any advice. I'm a brazen witch and if it was my mother I'd chew the head off her over it but I know you're not like that.

Ah okay. I suppose I'm lucky my mum has 7 sisters. I don't necessarily have a relationship with all of them but I know if something was up with the mammy I'd feel comfortable contacting any of them to ask for help if needed.

I don't really have any advice. I'm a brazen witch and if it was my mother I'd chew the head off her over it but I know you're not like that.

You're lucky you can feel comfy going to them if anything was up. I don't really know what to do tbh. Sometimes I think it's just me and that I'm the one in the wrong. I really wish I could get out of here.

I'd still recommend seeing it in the cinema. It is visually great and it is a good film but if like me you're naturally cynical and go into it thinking Ridley Scott is going to answer burning questions you've had for years, you'll be wrong!

Could be the same with the Blade Runner sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Turned off my laptop in class, worked well for the first 2 hours but my attention span has lapsed and I'm on my iPod :PAC:

My mam is also having the change, taking it pretty bad and has loads if other things in her life and had to start medication. She has taken th stance of wanting to talk to me all the time, too often for my liking. We usually settle on once a week now, with many emails if I miss that deadline. I have nothing to talk about!

I dunno Jane, maybe do something super nice for her to break the silence? It's a tough one! Takes time and effort to make that weird relationship transition between child and adult/friend with parents!

My mam is also having the change, taking it pretty bad and has loads if other things in her life and had to start medication. She has taken th stance of wanting to talk to me all the time, too often for my liking. We usually settle on once a week now, with many emails if I miss that deadline. I have nothing to talk about!

I dunno Jane, maybe do something super nice for her to break the silence? It's a tough one! Takes time and effort to make that weird relationship transition between child and adult/friend with parents!

I'm still living with mine and that's not really helping. I can't really afford to move. I don't really know what to do tbh. I'll think about doing something but I don't even know if she'd appreciate it.

Edit: I'm really sorry guys, I'm not in a very fun mood at the moment.

• Advertisement

You're lucky you can feel comfy going to them if anything was up. I don't really know what to do tbh. Sometimes I think it's just me and that I'm the one in the wrong. I really wish I could get out of here.

Nah, when you go through the menopause in many many years to come you'll be mad as a hatter and think ah my poor ma was like this! It's just crazy how if effects some women. It's kind of like your TOTM, some women are grand, some women go mental.

If I was stuck in that position I'd just get out of the house as much as possible, go for a walk, go sit in the garden, go anywhere, give her alone time.

Someone will eventually have to sit down with her though and have it out. You don't want to be stressed when you're back in college.
    Could be the same with the Blade Runner sequel

Oh god, already picking holes in that given the fact that Harrison Ford is supposed to be in it :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement