Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

ha typical french!u cant back em or against em... minnows in every game in group stage from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Stuck a few quid on Argentina at 5/1 to try to make up my losses on feckin' France. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭antogz1979

Argentina are 8/1 on betfair now and still drifting, over 160,000 down on England to Argentina 1,500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Skunkle wrote: »
    USA (+33.0) @ 10/11
    Italy (+30.0) @ 10/11
    Japan (+47.0) @ 10/11
    Tonga (+60.0) @ 10/11
    Namibia (+30.0) @ 10/11
    Romania (+36.0) @ 10/11

Accumulator.

Come on the underdogs !!!

4 down 2 to go. Here hoping the trend continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

**** France anyways... why can't they play like that all game :mad:

but no just play ****e all game to a point where you give up on them beating the spread and you start supporting Japan... but then they have to turn the style on a bit at the end to make sure Japan haven't a hope of winning

you just can't predict a French team at all...

they'll probably go and beat NZ by 40 points now or something :rolleyes: just staying away from them for the rest of the tournament...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Stuck a few quid on Argentina at 5/1 to try to make up my losses on feckin' France. :rolleyes:

you reckon they could do england ?

duckysauce wrote: »
    you reckon they could do england ?

No, but 5/1 is great odds for an upset.

gone for them at 11/2 try and get some of my frog money back

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭antogz1979

Thomond they are 7/1 on betfair, after being 8/1 about 20 min ago. Their seems to be a bit of money for them. Well worth a punt at that price. England won't bully Argentina upfront, this could be a very close match.

Tuilagi try scorer bets look decent on PP. 10/1 first/last try scorer 7/1 each way. 8/1 for 2. 45/1 for 3. 6/1 first try scorer for England.

Plus your covered if Armitage or Aguila score first try.

• Advertisement

tits that was close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Yardie wrote: »
    A couple of bets worth serious consideration in England game

Under 3.5 tries @ 11/8 on Sporting Bet and a yellow card in the match @ 8/13 on William Hill

Decent start to tournament. I can see these bets coming in quite a bit this tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Well battered on the England game - had more than 19.5 points in the 1st half and England to get more than 12.5 points in 1st half - followed by two live post half time recover bets that also went tits up. :rolleyes:

I want to find Argentina's kicking coach. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

emmet02 wrote: »
    And our strategy of backing the minnow in the big spread games has a 100% strike rate.

Pity I didn't believe it myself

4/4 so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Ulster -7 tonight against Aironi might be worth he value I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

emmet02 wrote: »
    4/4 so far?

With Paddy Power's handicaps Tonga, Romania, Namibia, Japan, and Argentina all won. 5 for 5, but I'm guessing you didn't take Argentina +13.

I have US +34, Italy +30 and Wales +13(?) for tomorrow. All evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

Nope, stayed off the Argentina bet as the HC was too close for comfort.

Funny how it was something we spotted from a week out before the tournament, that the HCs were relying on full strength teams to play against the weaker sides, and press as if it was a cup final.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

tolosenc wrote: »
    With Paddy Power's handicaps Tonga, Romania, Namibia, Japan, and Argentina all won. 5 for 5, but I'm guessing you didn't take Argentina +13.

I have US +34, Italy +30 and Wales +13(?) for tomorrow. All evens.
    I don't have Wales but I have the others, well I got USA a few days ago +35

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Feck. Had France -47. This is gonan cost me. Had 4/4 up to that. Would have had 2 more + handicaps and they were certs.

Can't believe I didn't have Japan +47.

• Advertisement

Thoughts on Italy +28 at evens?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Good value but you should have bet earlier when it was +30

I just found Aus -12 at halftime for 5/6, I've backed that. I can see Australia getting the first few scores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

After a few wins on Aviva Premiership games today (1st half points) I'm nearly back to where I started before the ABs match and raring to go tomorrow.

I was thinking of Italy +28 as they don't usually roll over anymore. The USA +31 as when was the last time that Ireland really buried somebody? Tomorrow will probably be the day knowing my luck.

Wales vs SA - I think that the Boks will make the handicap (-13) having at one stage fancied Wales to snatch this one but Rhys Priestland instead of Stephen Jones, no Lee Byrne.......I reckon this game could still go either way and some live betting will be in order if a stream to watch the game can be found. I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

been an alright start gettin dagg up and had romania on the handicap in a single.lost on new zealand and france though.for tomorrow im going with 20 on italy +30 and usa +33 .1 euro on the pp special for bod at 90/1 and 10r on beale and bowe insurebet double

been an alright start gettin dagg up and had romania on the handicap in a single.lost on new zealand and france though.for tomorrow im going with 20 on italy +30 and usa +33 .1 euro on the pp special for bod at 90/1 and 10r on beale and bowe insurebet double

What special is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

for him to score first try in both halfs.unlikely both worth a euro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Ngwenya 6/1 for anytime try.

The lad only needs a few yards around his own 22 and he's in.

that was close made some back :D

• Advertisement

Skunkle wrote: »
    USA (+33.0) @ 10/11
    Italy (+30.0) @ 10/11
    Japan (+47.0) @ 10/11
    Tonga (+60.0) @ 10/11
    Namibia (+30.0) @ 10/11
    Romania (+36.0) @ 10/11

Accumulator.

Come on the underdogs !!!

5 down 1 to go. Knowin my luck Ireland will decide to perform and be the only favourite to cover the spread in the opening round.

Advertisement