Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I've been into Rammstein since I was 11. I'm 25 now and they've been my number 1 band ever since.

With regard to them playing in Ireland:

They have a few more dates to do in the US after the BDO tour. Then they are planning a huge European tour. This WILL include Ireland.

While I'm here, anyone in this thread want to start a Rammstein tribute band? I need 2 guitarists, a drummer, bass player and a keyboard player - all of whom should have a huge interest in Rammstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

They have a few more dates to do in the US after the BDO tour. Then they are planning a huge European tour. This WILL include Ireland.

hard cock hallelujiah. quoting you on that; for we are men of integrity here! yet i still hope rammstein bring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

would love to see them live.
    here hope they come this year or next

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Well I'd defo go see them again but I dunno how likely it'll be that they will play over here... I think they'd sell out the o2 as people would travel to see them (and not just from Ireland)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I went to see them in Birmingham last year, round February time.
    They rocked sooo much that I came home and promptly bought tickets to see them two months later in Budapest.
    They are fantastic in concert.
    The amount of work and effort they go into so that the whole gig runs smoothly is nothing short of amazing.
    One of my top three gigs of all time.
    Don't wait for them to come here, go see them when they next play in Europe. It will be worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I went to see them in Birmingham last year, round February time.
    They rocked sooo much that I came home and promptly bought tickets to see them two months later in Budapest.
    They are fantastic in concert.
    The amount of work and effort they go into so that the whole gig runs smoothly is nothing short of amazing.
    One of my top three gigs of all time.
    Don't wait for them to come here, go see them when they next play in Europe. It will be worth it!

Yeah I was there at that one... was pretty much the most amazing thing ever.

they better fúcking come, have they ever been? or i will hate rammstein, they are up n down england on a twice yearly basis ffs you don't honestly think i listen to that stuff do you i demand they disgrace us with their comedic gimmicks and pyrotechnics

Star Bingo wrote: »
    they better fúcking come, have they ever been? or i will hate rammstein, they are up n down england on a twice yearly basis ffs you don't honestly think i listen to that stuff do you i demand they disgrace us with their comedic gimmicks and pyrotechnics

:confused::confused::confused:

Rammstein Tour '10 - Ireland !

nearly two years of anticipation for a concert that never happened. at least this time we have your word ;) but i'm not even sure the band's word is reliable

Your comment was rather odd!
    ffs you don't honestly think i listen to that stuff do you

• Advertisement

Your comment was rather odd!

odd, or hard to digest for rammsteins likely biggest irish fan over 14yr

look man, you said they'll come, right... then they will come. i mean they have to come sometime, right? why not the year after the cancelled date. makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

I'd love to see them in Ireland but as soon as European dates are announced for this year I'll be making plans to see them somewhere (missed them in the UK last year as I was away).

old gregg wrote: »
    so what do folks around here reckon is their best album? I'm still in that honeymoon phase where I can listen to anything and enjoy it. LIFAD does have a great overall sound to my ears anyway.

Also, I'm in the very early stages of learning German, has anyone thoughts on English translations of their lyrics? I found a site that has translations of some tracks http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics but I've no way of knowing whether they are in any way accurate.

Go to www.affenknecht.com. I translated the whole LIFAD album there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

out of interest einheisserschre, are you saying that you used that translation for yourself or that the translation on the site was done by you? The former would make sense, the latter impressive for sure.

old gregg wrote: »
    out of interest einheisserschre, are you saying that you used that translation for yourself or that the translation on the site was done by you? The former would make sense, the latter impressive for sure.

That translation was done by me ;) If you look under the lyrics, you'll see "Submitted by EinHeisserSchrei". I did the first 11 tracks and Führe Mich on the bonus disc.

Due to boards being a bit on the ghey side when I singed up, the "i" was left out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Due to boards being a bit on the ghey side when I singed up, the "i" was left out :(
    You set yourself on fire? Now that's hardcore!

Malice wrote: »
    You set yourself on fire? Now that's hardcore!

:confused: Ich bin verlohren!

:confused: Ich bin verlohren!
    Ich spreche kein Deutsch :p.
    Google Translate tells me that means "I laughed ears" in English. It also suggests that I meant "Ich bin verloren". I think I prefer your first version ;).

Anyway, by way of an explanation, you wrote
    when I singed up
    when you obviously meant
    when I signed up

As a typo it just made me laugh :).

Malice wrote: »
    Ich spreche kein Deutsch :p.
    Google Translate tells me that means "I laughed ears" in English. It also suggests that I meant "Ich bin verloren". I think I prefer your first version ;).

Anyway, by way of an explanation, you wrote
    when you obviously meant

As a typo it just made me laugh :).

Ah yes! I didn't even notice that!

Very appropriate mistake to make while talking about Rammstein!

einheisserschre is that irish performance still on the cards or what, they are coming right whats humble pie in german i hope to eat it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Trips

Hi there,

RAMMSTEIN!

...they are coming in February 2012, tickets on sale mid-July! You gotta trust me on this, you're a moderator... let the masses know!!!

Trips

Trips wrote: »
    Hi there,

RAMMSTEIN!

...they are coming in February 2012, tickets on sale mid-July! You gotta trust me on this, you're a moderator... let the masses know!!!

Trips
    Did you mean to send this as a private message?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

sounds good if true, presuming this is at the Point it being February and all. I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Hi there,

RAMMSTEIN!

Trips

Call me skeptical, but ive had my heart broken on this front one time too many through hearsay and rumors, so unless theres an official announcement I certainly wont be believing you anyway

There's not a thing about this on ticketmaster.ie, rammstein.com, rammsteinfanarea.com, affenknecht.com or herzeleid.com. Give us a link to an official source or no one will beLIEve you!

On another note, Rammstein are on Sycamore Beach in Malibu, CA filming a new video. Some sources say it's for LIFAD, others say it's going to be a new track called "Mein Land" and may be to promote the "Best Of" album.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,423 ✭✭✭weisses

Hi there,

RAMMSTEIN!

Trips

Its probably part of their "Burn the bog 2012" Tour :D:eek:

Bring it on .... could do with a bit of warmth in mid winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I used to like them a lot when I was younger but not so much now. The thing is if you strip away the over-the-top stage show and strip the music back to it's bare bones you're left with a decent enough but mediocre band. Their music sounds very derivative now and there's plenty of other bands that have done the whole metal/industrial crossover thing so much better, such as Ministry, Front Line Assembly and Fear Factory.

But still their live show would be something cool to witness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Zero1986 wrote: »
    I used to like them a lot when I was younger but not so much now. The thing is if you strip away the over-the-top stage show and strip the music back to it's bare bones you're left with a decent enough but mediocre band. Their music sounds very derivative now and there's plenty of other bands that have done the whole metal/industrial crossover thing so much better, such as Ministry, Front Line Assembly and Fear Factory.

But still their live show would be something cool to witness.

If you strip anything away that makes a band what they are im sure youll be left with a mediocre band

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Looking on the Download fest forums, somebody came across this:

RAMMSTEIN
    MEN Arena Manchester
    Manchester Thu 1 Mar 2012, 19:30

Onsale to General Public Start: Fri 08/07/11, 09:00
    Venue Database/ Previous Bookers Start: Wed 06/07/11, 09:00
    End: Fri 08/07/11, 08:00

£49.00 (£42.50 Ticket + £6.50 Fees)
    http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1F0046CD82813896?artistid=781114&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

U.K. in early March, and now rumoured Irish date in February. Am going to cross my fingers anyway, as English one is taken down now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

I'm gonna try to get tickets for this - have to see Rammstein.

Advertisement