Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newstalk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im intrigued. Who was it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

Glebee wrote: »
    Im intrigued. Who was it??

Dolores Keane.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Pat Kenny refusing to call fianna fail Ivor Callellys crime Fraud!

Old RTE habits die hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Pat Kenny refusing to call fianna fail Ivor Callellys crime Fraud!

Old RTE habits die hard.

Pat knows all too well 'what side his bread is buttered on' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

vidor wrote: »
    Swappage...

This shouldn't annoy me so much but it does.

• Advertisement

That BMW ad is getting on my nerves as well,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Glebee wrote: »
    That BMW ad is getting on my nerves as well,,,

The one that is aimed at people who have no social lives but have achieved just enough in their profession to be able to afford a poverty spec BMW on finance to compensate?

The one that is aimed at people who have no social lives but have achieved just enough in their profession to be able to afford a poverty spec BMW on finance to compensate?

Yep. thats the one.. Its actually starting to wreck my brain..

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

Listening to George Hook here, movie spot, this is a repeat...Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

They're all sounding a bit rough on the Breakfast Show today....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Ivan sounding hoarse. Enjoying the banter between the two presenters. Chris used to wreck my head but he come across as very likeable on the radio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

honeybear wrote: »
    Ivan sounding hoarse. Enjoying the banter between the two presenters. Chris used to wreck my head but he come across as very likeable on the radio.

He comes across like a 15 year old transition year student on work experience. Zero life experience bar nose in books and browsing Internet

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

No. No he doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Twas Not wrote: »
    He comes across like a 15 year old transition year student on work experience. Zero life experience bar nose in books and browsing Internet

I think that was true 3 or 4 years ago however he's definitely grown up to (somewhat) fill the role over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i honestly don't know why they (or anyone else) bother talking to representatives of the israeli embassy anymore. beligerent people who can't engage in a normal conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

The Israeli ambassador is painful to listen to. Disgraceful really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

i honestly don't know why they (or anyone else) bother talking to representatives of the israeli embassy anymore. beligerent people who can't engage in a normal conversation.

My blood is boiling listening to him.

My blood is boiling listening to him.

He should be ****ed out of the country, belligerent bolex!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Who is this clown on George Hook's show? Whinging about how she always meets "bad boys"? Is this supposed to be a business? Jaysus...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I've said this in the JNLR thread already, but I'll put it here too.

I'm really happy for the Breakfast Show. I think the quality has improved a lot over the last year, and I'm glad to see that reflected in the listenership. Granted there's a touch of rising tide lifts all boats with the arrival of PK, but even so.

Also, this morning: Ivan - "He went on to shootingfishinabarrel.com and there were no matches." :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Israeli ambassador is painful to listen to. Disgraceful really.

Was he back on today ? He was on a while back and Ivan was having none of it.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Was he back on today ? He was on a while back and Ivan was having none of it.

He was on with Jonathon at Lunchtime. More ignorant than ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I would say its all part of trying to keep some balance to journalism, to be fair to newstalk they have tried to keep it balanced in most places when i have heard them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,577 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Got a good laugh from Chris this morning.

Ivan: Well you don't even have friends, never mind lovers.

Chris: That's because I'm so selfish. In bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He was on with Jonathon at Lunchtime. More ignorant than ever!

More ignorant ? He outdid himself them.

NT has a couple of extremely irritating sport commentator style ads every three seconds at the moment.

Like, every single ad break there's the ref walking off with his euro to get his telly channels ("We haven't seen that before! Ha, ha!"), the sport physio one (it's the big match, and your team is counting on YOU!), and the crappy horse racing one (although i think this may be finished or at least will be soon).

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Got a good laugh from Chris this morning.

Ivan: Well you don't even have friends, never mind lovers.

Chris: That's because I'm so selfish. In bed.

Thought they were funny this morning alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Junior Minister Joe McHugh could have saved himself a lot of humiliation this afternoon. Rather than attempt to give a stock answer to a question in Irish that wasn't asked (which he made an absolute balls of), he should have told Jonathon Healy where to shove his cheap smug stunt.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Anyone else listening to this lad on Moncrieff? is he taking the piss or does genuinely believe the stuff he's coming out with.

• Advertisement

Anyone else listening to this lad on Moncrieff? is he taking the piss or does genuinely believe the stuff he's coming out with.

The nineteen year old Buddist Rastafarian Tactical Special Ops Exorcist?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement