Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Headshot wrote: »
    I see that there's a new hack out for the ps3 :rolleyes:

Remember the last hack? It destroyed cod mp

Yeah it seems to come at this time of year, every year. I'm starting to think Activision are doing it.

What's the current one do/what game is hacked MW3 presumably?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah it seems to come at this time of year, every year. I'm starting to think Activision are doing it.

What's the current one do/what game is hacked MW3 presumably?

Not game specific
    If you're a Sony employee, more specifically one that deals with piracy, encryption keys, firmware security and more then I feel truly sorry for you, I wouldn't want to go into work today either. The reason for this is simple, the PS3 has been cracked wide open once again in this never ending battle of David vs Goliath.

While older Playstation 3 hacks were utilizing thing like USB dongles, smart phones and all kinds of bizarre bypasses. This new hack however is a custom Playstation 3 firmware, along side its release are the publication of the LV0 decryption keys. For those that don't know what these keys are, a good analogy would be having the master keys to a sweet shop as far as hacking goes, with many of the hacking community already saying this now blows the system wide open, not only for hacking but for development, including home brew games.

It's a forever loosing battle for Sony, it always will be for any gaming hardware in terms of Piracy, hackers will ALWAYS find a way and the day they can't, shop lifting will likely see a small spike in popularity.

There is little word from Sony at the moment, but I would expect retribution to be swift and brutal from the industry giant. No doubt they are working on new firmware patches, firmware version number locking upcoming titles and launching investigations into hunting down the people who hacked their hardware.

I will add, I don't condone modding your console to run pirate games and software. Sure you could get a few games cheaper here and there, but at the risk of bricking your console, getting banded from services, breaking the law and of course not supporting your favourite developers, it just isn't worth it in my opinion.

taken from http://www.cclonline.com/article/650/News/PC-Console-Games/PS3-Hacked-Again-/

Awesome, another two month black out followed by a 2 game compensation pack, that I'll never play.

I've a ton of singleplayer games to get through anyway. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Just got my game in the post. Not allowed to open it for 3 weeks.

instagram.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Just got my game in the post. Not allowed to open it for 3 weeks.

instagram.jpg

As far as I know Amazon are advertising the game on their packaging. Nice try though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

As far as I know Amazon are advertising the game on their packaging. Nice try though.
    I was wondering :P

You're right, I just opened it and it was a blow-up doll. Got totally confused there.

This is a cool site which lets you practice picking your set-ups for Black ops 2.

http://callofduty.4players.de/index.php?page=Custom&pageID=157

• Registered Users Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You're right, I just opened it and it was a blow-up doll. Got totally confused there.

in fairness, ordering either package will end up in you getting screwed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Onsale in Slovakia already!

19430051.jpg

iMuse wrote: »
    Onsale in Slovakia already!

19430051.jpg

One sec, calling up Ryan Air

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That horse will be a great killstreak

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

was that FPS Russia? and Robert Downey Jnr lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

krudler wrote: »
    was that FPS Russia? and Robert Downey Jnr lol

Yup!! have to laugh at FPS Russia being in it.. Fantastic touch!!

hypermuse wrote: »
    Yup!! have to laugh at FPS Russia being in it.. Fantastic touch!!

Never even heard of him till today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Never even heard of him till today

You are missing out on so much young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Never heard of fps Russia :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You are missing out on so much young man.

He really isn't though..

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

He really isn't though..

+1

He (FPSRussia/Kyle) is beyond tedious at this point, IMO anyway.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    +1

He (FPSRussia/Kyle) is beyond tedious at this point, IMO anyway.

Agreed, back ages ago when he did stuff like duel wield AA-12 in the MW2 days it was fun to watch, now it's honestly seeming like a one trick pony.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Agreed, back ages ago when he did stuff like duel wield AA-12 in the MW2 days it was fun to watch, now it's honestly seeming like a one trick pony.

? please tell me this ain't possible.

tbh I know it's not otherwise I'd be seeing it every other kill cam :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ? please tell me this ain't possible.

tbh I know it's not otherwise I'd be seeing it every other kill cam :)

He meant IRL, in his videos.

He's go to town on some dummies with those bad boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

he was way better about 2 years ago yeah, kinda over it at this stage! I do like the video when Epic Meal Time dude go to meet FPS Russia though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Seeming like a one trick pony... He shoots guns and blows shït up! He IS a one trick pony but he's a pretty cool fûckin pony!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

He's made a seriously good living from the whole Youtube thing considering how simple the concept he came up with is. Fair play to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

2b38d618913153b967f3fea16d48b21f.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The guy blows stuff up and plays video games for a living, you'd do the same if you could, as would we all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Haven't really got into the hype this year but somethings come up and it looks like I probably will get this. I've been disappointed with the last two games but spent an absolute age playing Modern Warfare 2.

How is this one shaping up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Advertisement