Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ros na Run

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Learned this from wikipedia so have not verified it's truth:
    Kathy and Jay are listed as[past characters at the end of this year
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ros_na_R%C3%BAn_Characters

Katy is down as a present character as of right now anyway

I'd take no notice of it probably a fan who edits most of it

Sure Una is down as a present character along work Colin Jack :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

We haven't seen Pol in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

branie2 wrote: »
    We haven't seen Pol in a while

I said the same thing last night. We keep seeming Maggie out and about in different places and in her house but we never see Pól.

I'd say their as bad as RTE with Fair City bringing in lads on short-terms contracts that's why he was there disappeared and then will be brought back again

Shame you know I'd love to see him as a full time character as he's a good actor for soap standards

They often complain in the media that's it hard to get actors with good conversational Gaegile and yet when they get good ones they feckin use em part time and toss em about

At least Sally is gone thank God she was awful and I usually don't get too bothered over it

Pól, Una, Fias mother what's her name? All good actors and how many has Fair City poached most likely cause they needed steady gigs

What was Taighs son who locked him in the burning shed, Eoghan wasn't it? Him and his fiance the vet Eimear all good actors that should be full time

Eoghan - In Fair City now
    Fias mother - In Fair City
    Janice - was in fair city recently
    Alanna - She was Suzanne in Fair City up until maybe 18 months ago

There's a good few others too. Apparently the lad Marcus Lamb who played Oakley in Fair City is an Irish speaker too, was his father Peader Lamb in Ros Na Run I heard that, he was Fargo Boyle from Fr. Ted too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Eoin was a brilliant character in it! A good match for Tadhg! Wish he would finish up with Fair City and come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Marcus Lambe played Caomhán de Faoite in Ros na Rún a few years ago, Bríds brother and AFAIR their father was played by Mick Lally RIP

julyjane wrote: »
    Marcus Lambe played Caomhán de Faoite in Ros na Rún a few years ago, Bríds brother and AFAIR their father was played by Mick Lally RIP

Ah interesting thanks :)

Brilliant episode!

And Tadgh now knows the truth about Maggie!

I wasn't impressed with the episode. With such a big story line I though it could have been handled a lot better. The back and forth between Máire/Áine and Tadgh/Sagart was strange. The music choice as well was so annoying. Have you ever been to a priests house where there's an angel choir singing and then strange Christmas like music in the background? It was a bit disappointing really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any where I can watch the first couple of seasons again?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Just caught up.
    Thought the last episode was a decent effort, could see what they were trying to do.
    But, I agree with another poster it did seem a bit odd.
    It was very out of place from thier normal format and style.

Plus, I can really see the resemblance between Maggie and Tadgh now :D

Tadgh has nearly everything done at this stage incest and murder.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Thought it was a very good episode!  I was shocked.  But I think the women were too accepting of Maggie.  Maggie still came back and broke up Frances' family.  Not one of the women defended Francis who was totally innocent in all of this and stood by Tadgh through everything he did in the past and worked his pub and had his child.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Missed Thursday's episode. What's the craic with Tadgh and Maggie, i take it they're brother and sister?

The priest told Tadhg that Maggie's father (the schoolmaster) raped Tadhgs mother when she was walking home from a dance. She became pregnant and quickly married Tadhgs father, who'd had his eye on her already. Tadhg was born 6 months after the wedding.

It was a very thought provoking episode because it explained why Maggie's father didn't want her having anything to do with Tadhg and why Tadhgs father had been so cruel to him throughout his childhood, which is probably what made Tadhg the way he is.

julyjane wrote: »
    The priest told Tadhg that Maggie's father (the schoolmaster) raped Tadhgs mother when she was walking home from a dance. She became pregnant and quickly married Tadhgs father, who'd had his eye on her already. Tadhg was born 6 months after the wedding.

It was a very thought provoking episode because it explained why Maggie's father didn't want her having anything to do with Tadhg and why Tadhgs father had been so cruel to him throughout his childhood, which is probably what made Tadhg the way he is.

Tadgh's stepfather, actually.

I never thought I would say these words but.......

Poor Tadhg

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I never thought I would say these words but.......

Poor Tadhg

Might see a softer Tadgh from now on?

Frances might now have him back now and will be reveling in his misfortune?

Something I never realised until the last episode which features Garda Úna Ní Riain (Yvonne Ní Laife) prominently
    She is supposed to be Mo Gilmartin's (Marie Bheag Breathnach) mother! :eek:

I thought they were some sort of other relation.
    Now, I don't know the ages of Marie Bheag Breathnach and Yvonne Ní Laife.
    But to me, Yvonne Ní Laife who acts as Mo's mother could easily pass as younger then her own stage daughter, or at least sisters! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Something I never realised until the last episode which features Garda Úna Ní Riain (Yvonne Ní Laife) prominently
    She is supposed to be Mo Gilmartin's (Marie Bheag Breathnach) mother! :eek:

I thought they were some sort of other relation.
    Now, I don't know the ages of Marie Bheag Breathnach and Yvonne Ní Laife.
    But to me, Yvonne Ní Laife who acts as Mo's mother could easily pass as younger then her own stage daughter, or at least sisters! :confused:

If I remember correctly (from years back!) Una had Mo as a teenager and had to put her up for adoption. I THINK Mo's father was Una's brother in law.

• Advertisement

If I remember correctly (from years back!) Una had Mo as a teenager and had to put her up for adoption. I THINK Mo's father was Una's brother in law.

Oh right that would make sense to some extent at least.

Jaysus they love keeping it in the family up in RnR!

I was racking my brains trying to remember who Mo's father was and couldn't. I do remember Una in it years ago (can't remember if it was the same actress or not) and she was seeing a seargeant who was played by Blackie Connors from Glenroe. Is this supposed to be the same character as the guy she just broke up with?

Nice to see a spark between Johnjoe and Imelda, an unlikely pair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I just remember that Una was going out with John Joe when the whole thing came out about Mo being her daughter. However her and John Joe's relationship was kept under the radar due to her 'standing in the community'. I think she was more keen to keep it quiet than John Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

The Tadgh Maggie story line has been very well written and acted. A very sad ending to it. I suppose the secret that they were half brother and sister won't go an further now. I can't see Tadgh and Frances getting back together after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Glenman wrote: »
    The Tadgh Maggie story line has been very well written and acted. A very sad ending to it. I suppose the secret that they were half brother and sister won't go an further now. I can't see Tadgh and Frances getting back together after this.

The bloke who plays Tadgh is a very good actor IMO

monkey9 wrote: »
    The bloke who plays Tadgh is a very good actor IMO

Yeah I like how he maintains his mannerisms in character.
    Changes tone when he is lying and scratches his ear etc.

Amazed he never moved on to more main-stream stuff.
    But I am delighted he is still in it.
    He get's all the good lines for a reason.

I think i saw Katy packing a bikini in last night's episode.

Anyone see that preview at the end?? What's going to happen I wonder.... Any theories??

• Advertisement

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Anyone see that preview at the end?? What's going to happen I wonder.... Any theories??

I missed it! I turned it off just when the credits started. I have to say I do miss those previews at the end. They used to always to them before.

Advertisement