Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Steam Sale (Christmas, 2014 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Thinking about Prison Architect as well, but not a fan of the whole early access thing. Is the game worth it as it stands right now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got 7 ways to die, Anyone else get it and wanna play some co op :D?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Risk of Rain, Binding Of Isaac Rebirth and A Bird Story added to my library.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I cracked. Got Rise of nations...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Dead State is a daily deal at 33% off. Guess it wont be getting any cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Dead State is a daily deal at 33% off. Guess it wont be getting any cheaper?

That's probably as low as it'll go, it was only released fully on the 4th of this month too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Bought it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Let us know how it goes, was planning on grabbing it myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anybody think the Vanishing of Ethan Carter worth a punt at its current price?

Wondering should i maybe wait till next sale for it to be lower but ive heard good things. Was hoping it would be a bit lower this time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

EoinHef wrote:
    Anybody think the Vanishing of Ethan Carter worth a punt at its current price?

its been around 7 on g2a but there's always a risk there

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    its been around 7 on g2a but there's always a risk there

Thanks,i have €50 in my steam wallet for the sale so kinda restricted to steam for the moment. Bought it in the end after doing a bit more reading about it today,my main concern was that its quite short so was hoping to pick it up for a bit less but how and ever im looking forward to giving it a go. It was either this or Gone Home and the story in this looks like it i would prefer it and im hoping Gone Home will get a bigger discount than it currently has at some stage of the sale.

There hasnt been much to interest me yet this sale. Hoping Street Fighter IV and Wolfenstein will get decent discount before its over,there about it for big games i want at the moment. Other than that i reckon i will be just picking up some smaller games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I picked up How to Survive Storm Warning Edition for €1.89

Great deal @ 90% off. Includes base game and 6 DLC in that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

EoinHef wrote:
    Thanks,i have €50 in my steam wallet for the sale so kinda restricted to steam for the moment. Bought it in the end after doing a bit more reading about it today,my main concern was that its quite short so was hoping to pick it up for a bit less but how and ever im looking forward to giving it a go. It was either this or Gone Home and the story in this looks like it i would prefer it and im hoping Gone Home will get a bigger discount than it currently has at some stage of the sale.

I might have a key for gone home for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

James74 wrote: »
    Thinking about Prison Architect as well, but not a fan of the whole early access thing. Is the game worth it as it stands right now?
    I have said to plenty of people ....... Simple No for me. I had so many bugs... no missions or campaign yet & it has been in early access far too long at this stage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Spintyres, you are mine.

Spintyres, you are mine.

I love spintires but there seems to be some ****e going on with the developer according to the internet.
    saying it might not have anymore updates :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Let us know how it goes, was planning on grabbing it myself :)

Bought it earlier in the month. I am enjoying it so far :)

Feels like like a mix between XCOM & Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel set in a zombie themed world. You create your character and can assign them certain skills that can either be geared towards Combat, Defense or Skills that help the camp in terms of survivability such as Mechanical, Science, Scavenging etc

You start with a bunch of preset survivors who each have their own skills and can bring along with on missions, or you can assign them jobs for the camp such as making weapons, repairing structures, building etc. you'll eventually find more survivors to join your camp via key events or random events.

Combat is very reminiscent of fallout, even in terms of the UI. So basically you have a weapon, you have AP points, use AP points against zombies/bandits and that's really it.

You have to manage the social aspect of the surivors as well, each one has a need or want and you can keep them happy by scavenging items they need (such as booze, dope, chocolate etc).

Overall it's a great game, if you like either XCOM or Fallout type of games you will like this. My only gripes are that the mission maps are kind of smaller for a modern game and also that areas that you scavenge do not respawn (you can revisit them however). The world map looks big enough though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Kairo is 99c, this game is a must have if you are into puzzle adventures like Antichamber, Fez, Myst.

There is no dialogue in the game - but there's an amazing story that is given out through very subtle hints. One of the best atmospheres I've experienced in a game between the music and aesthetics. I loved it so much I bought 4 copies for friends and the soundtrack! Highly recommended.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233230/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dead state is back up too 25 now,wish I'd gotten it yesterday now.

Picked up Shadow Warrior last night,managed to squeeze in an hour or two. Enjoyed what i did get to play. Melee combat in first person takes a bit of getting used to,its quite fast paced also

Who doesnt love the idea of being a sword and gun wielding maniac though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Well my total is up to €26 now.

Project Zomboid x 2
    Skyrim Legendary Edition

Not sure anything else will entice me..maybe Assetto Corsa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Dead state is back up too 25 now,wish I'd gotten it yesterday now.

There's a good chance it'll be repeated at some stage. The last few sales have seen some games go on sale more than once, showing up as a Featured Deal and then as a Flash Sale later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭Wossack

bought rage, and risk of rain (so far). Will get a few more bits on the last day prob

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I bought L.A Noire, never finished it on xbox but I think I'mma get quite drunk christmas day and give it a go. :D

Anyone played Mafia 2? Its 5 euro on g2a, I've heard good things but Idk if I'll actually play it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Already bought and complete Space Run on a flash sale. Put 23 hours into that game o_O in 3 days... that was fun as hell.

Guns of Icarus, Valiant Hearts and Shadow Warrior also got bought, with Kairo in the cart.

HOW DO YOU NOT ALREADY OWN KERBAL SEPHIROTH?? SHAME ON YOU

Overheal wrote: »
    Already bought and complete Space Run on a flash sale. Put 23 hours into that game o_O in 3 days... that was fun as hell.

Guns of Icarus, Valiant Hearts and Shadow Warrior also got bought, with Kairo in the cart.

HOW DO YOU NOT ALREADY OWN KERBAL SEPHIROTH?? SHAME ON YOU

It better drop in price soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Saints Row IV game of the century edition at 7,49 is number three for me

• Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Walking Dead seasons 1 and 2 for $6.49 each. worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bought some topview down mafia style game, absolutely struggling last few sales to see anything interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Overheal wrote: »
    Walking Dead seasons 1 and 2 for $6.49 each. worth it?

Yes.

Advertisement