Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

So I finally put my unpleasant chocolate peanut/cookie experience to the back of my mind and cracked open the vanilla . Meh it'll do , its palletable . I think iv been spoiled over the years sticking with optimums stuff . Ill be going back to it . Worth the extra imo .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

dor843088 wrote: »
    So I finally put my unpleasant chocolate peanut/cookie experience to the back of my mind and cracked open the vanilla . Meh it'll do , its palletable . I think iv been spoiled over the years sticking with optimums stuff . Ill be going back to it . Worth the extra imo .

I found the MP vanilla whey was just as tasty as the ON version, tee bee haych.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Donadea lad

Hi, not sure if I'm in the right place. I'm just wondering if anybody has tried Jim stoppani 12 week shortcut to muscle and size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Lads, I was wondering if anyone has seen the Isopure zero carb drink for sale in Ireland or if you can buy it online?
    I don't want the powder as I struggle to keep down the shakes.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Im looking to order a few supplements, is there an irish site i can order from or maybe any uk ones with free postage to ireland thanks;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Im looking to order a few supplements, is there an irish site i can order from or maybe any uk ones with free postage to ireland thanks;)

I ordered some unflavoured whey isolate 90 and BCAA last week through BulkPowders.ie and found their selection and prices very competitive. (They're running a 15% sale at present) Postage included for orders in excess of €60.

If registering and ordering use referral code: ATTVKB and you'll get €5 off your first order over €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I ordered some unflavoured whey isolate 90 and BCAA last week through BulkPowders.ie and found their selection and prices very competitive. (They're running a 15% sale at present) Postage included for orders in excess of €60.

If registering and ordering use referral code: ATTVKB and you'll get €5 off your first order over €15.

Thanks for that, ill take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Hi, not sure if I'm in the right place. I'm just wondering if anybody has tried Jim stoppani 12 week shortcut to muscle and size.

Probably better to start your own thread for this as it's not supplement related!

However since you asked I've used that program and his "shortcut to shred" program" on and off over the last few years with good results.

Shortcut to size definitely helped! I was out of action for quite a while after injuring my wrist and that program helped me to build my strength up quick and I ended up beating most of my personal 1 rep max on most exercises by the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I like phd diet whey lol diet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Hi Folks got plenty of good advice here on supplements but think I need to change the brands.

I bought Holland and Barrett zinc capsules and magnesium capsules.

The zinc gives me terrible lower abdomen pain and plenty of toilet trips.

Anyone else suffer like this trying to find the correct brand for your digestive system?

• Advertisement

kilburn wrote: »
    Hi Folks got plenty of good advice here on supplements but think I need to change the brands.

I bought Holland and Barrett zinc capsules and magnesium capsules.

The zinc gives me terrible lower abdomen pain and plenty of toilet trips.

Anyone else suffer like this trying to find the correct brand for your digestive system?

Do you mean separate for each or the combo tablets?

If the former, you might just be a bit intolerant to it. I tried them and no problems.

If it's the max strength ones, try the high strength.

If that doesn't work, then either try the zinc policinate (others, even combos, are zinc gluconate)....or switch to a different/better brand with a better absorption rate.

yep the zinc are 25 mg zinc gluconate and then 100mm magnesium citrate

kilburn wrote: »
    yep the zinc are 25 mg zinc gluconate and then 100mm magnesium citrate

I have the 25mg zinc picolinate version. You could try reducing the strength you have to the 15mg high strength caps or change the formula. If neither work, change to a different brand. The likes of The Protein Works have combo capsules of magnesium citrate and zinc methionine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Are you sure it's the zinc? magnesium usually causes that

Are you sure it's the zinc? magnesium usually causes that

Can happen with zinc as well albeit not all that often.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I got some probalance protein shot today on a whim. Seems not to have much rubbish in it

Ya the magnesium was causing the toilet trips and zinc was causing the paib

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Paddy_PT

My current supps -

Cod liver oil - Morning
    Multi vitamin - Morning
    Creatine mono - Morning
    ON 100% whey protein - Mid morning snack
    BSN - No explode 3.0 - Pre workout
    BSN Amino X - Intra workout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Paddy_PT wrote: »
    My current supps -

Cod liver oil - Morning
    Multi vitamin - Morning
    Creatine mono - Morning

How do you find the no explode, it's been years since I've tried it and Only 1mr has come close to what I remember no xplode being like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

My current supps -

Cod liver oil - Morning
    Multi vitamin - Morning
    Creatine mono - Morning

How do you find the no explode, it's been years since I've tried it and Only 1mr has come close to what I remember no xplode being like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

My current supps -

Cod liver oil - Morning
    Multi vitamin - Morning
    Creatine mono - Morning

Thats a lot of my money on supplements bud!

Heres what I use

ON 100% effort- every day
    BSN No excuses - pre workout
    BSN Amean attitude - intra workout

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

MyProtein Whey Protein – Convenient and more economical than eating meet 5/6 times a day.

MyProtein Creatine – Just started this. Want to see if its worth it.

Multivitamins – As an insurance policy in case I lack in vitamins.

Omega-3 fish oil tablets – I don’t eat fish so I guess this could be the next best thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

GiftofGab wrote: »

Omega-3 fish oil tablets – I don’t eat fish so I guess this could be the next best thing.

so you are not supplementing then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

guile4582 wrote:
    so you are not supplementing then?

I don't get this comment isn't that the definition of supplementing?

hairyslug wrote: »

I like it to be honest! I didnt get any 'pins and needles' from the beta alanine, so far I have never had any post workout crashes and the fruit punch flavour tastes very good.

Overall I would say its a good product although I will be buying tier 1 or MTS clash next time based on there profiles

dor843088 wrote: »
    Thats a lot of my money on supplements bud!

Heres what I use

ON 100% effort- every day
    BSN No excuses - pre workout
    BSN Amean attitude - intra workout

:D:D:D

Very cheesy reply lol

I buy products that I believe in when funds allow. If I dont need it or cant afford it .... I take time away

Quite possibly in a minority but I don't buy into using pre workouts. Well, not on a regular basis. You only end up relying on it a but more than you should.

That said, maybe that's just the naiveté of a relative beginner.

I have a love/hate relationship with them.

This week i love them :) .... however I know that it is a placebo effect but if it gets you through your workout and you can afford them then why not take a pre?

If you cant afford it then a good stong coffee will do the job

I have a love/hate relationship with them.

This week i love them :) .... however I know that it is a placebo effect but if it gets you through your workout and you can afford them then why not take a pre?

If you cant afford it then a good stong coffee will do the job

When I'm training to a program, then I do what I have to do regardless of whether I'm feeling it that day. It might make me squeeze out an extra rep on a given day but that's about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Quite possibly in a minority but I don't buy into using pre workouts. Well, not on a regular basis. You only end up relying on it a but more than you should.

That said, maybe that's just the naiveté of a relative beginner.

They were different before the banned ingredients. Jack3d and original craze did drive you more in your work out but they also covered over issues with your diet and sleep as well.

Preworkouts these days just aren't the same.

Advertisement