Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can I run Bioshock Infinite?

Options
  • 14-03-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey I used CanYouRunIt to see if I could run Bioshock Infinite but the results were pretty inconclusive.

Here are my system specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz

RAM: 6gb

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7670M w/ 2gb memory

All sound card drivers and hard drive space are of no issue.

This computer has been running a lot of recent releases at ultra and high settings.

When I ran it through CanYouRunIt it told me I only met the minimum requirements.

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!:)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Its hard to tell with games that aren't released as there aren't any benchmarks. Should at least be able to run it on Medium settings at 1080p with those specs, judging by similar games.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Can't say for sure until it out but as it is running a modified UE3 engine, so if you have been running the likes of Borderlands 2, Mass effect 3, Batman, Dishonorer etc. you'll be fine. I'd be surprised if you can't knock at least medium out of it TBH, with anything higher a bonus obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Definitely, that card is a little more powerful than the minimum recommended. Drop some settings or the resolution and even better.
    I've gotten the new Tomb Raider to work on Nvidia's 3100m (looks better than a Wii game, slightly worse than the 360 version), so it's a matter of how much detail you're willing to lose, but it'll definitely run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Blackmist

Thanks running on medium sounds fine just needed to be definite before I dropped 50 quid on Steam for this.
    Thanks for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm sure there will be a demo or a benchmark you can run to try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Blackmist wrote: »
    Hey I used CanYouRunIt to see if I could run Bioshock Infinite but the results were pretty inconclusive.

Here are my system specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz

RAM: 6gb

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7670M w/ 2gb memory

All sound card drivers and hard drive space are of no issue.

This computer has been running a lot of recent releases at ultra and high settings.

When I ran it through CanYouRunIt it told me I only met the minimum requirements.

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!:)

Did CanYouRunIt recognize your card as the HD 4000 or the 7670m? It can't understand switchable graphics, so it'll not help there.

What resolution is the laptop, 1366x768 or 1920x1080?

If 1366x768, yeah, you'll have no trouble, will probably play at medium if not high. I have the 7670m also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Blackmist

Yeah it did recognize my graphics card and yep I'm at 1366x768.

Good to hear it will be smooth at the least on medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Blackmist wrote: »
    Yeah it did recognize my graphics card and yep I'm at 1366x768.

Good to hear it will be smooth at the least on medium.

Huh it thinks I only have a HD 4000.

Anyway, at 1366x768 you'll have no trouble. I'm adverse to pre-ordering in general, though....

Advertisement