Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

I am due 22nd July.

As for telling people, I have a dilemma today. All my family are supposed to me meeting up this weekend at my parents house for dinner and drinks, both tonight and tomorrow night. We haven't told anyone yet and were hoping to keep the news till Christmas, but it's just so hard. Rather than going there and try lying to them(I can't lie to save my life!) I was kind of playing with the idea of pretending my hubbie had hurt his back so we didn't have to go!! But the guilt of lying is soo hard!!! It will mean I will have to ring my parents and tell them the porky, then I am sure all my siblings will be ringing/texting me individually asking how he is etc etc and I just don't do lies, or more like I can't!!! Me and my poor restless legs and achey boobs are demented from it and it's only the start!!!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Congrats & welcome Mamaheidi

March2011 would it not be easier lie re the whole antibiotics thing? I'm dreading Christmas as won't be telling the siblings on OH's side until Jan when past the 12 wk mark. I'll have to go down the anti-b route then as well I think. They'll probably know I'm lying. Although I might just get a drink that looks like alcohol & pretend to be drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

I know! I can hardly believe that there are so many symptoms already. I can't sleep and am running to the loo about forty times a night but thankfully no nausea...

I told my mum and sister almost straight away and a couple of close friends (as I said I was in complete shock)... I also had to tell my boss asap for other reasons. I know most people don't tell before the 12 week mark to be safe but as I figure it these are the people I would turn to if anything went wrong so I guess I just needed to tell them and to enjoy being just a little bit spoiled ;-)

My partner on the other hand hasn't told anybody yet... we're telling his parents next weekend and I'm dreading it. His Mum is extremely old fashioned (we're not married, shock! horror!) and still "young" (28!!!!) so I know she'll speak her mind and say something to knock all the excitement out of it. To top that off she will tell everybody before we have a chance to (she's like the bbc news - we've heard so much stuff we shouldn't have) so I'm really hoping she won't say something too out of sorts as he's very excited to be telling her...

Are you guys going to try to wait until after Christmas to tell people?

Mink girl I am so pathetic at lying, I would rather just avoid putting myself in the situation! Crazy I know, but I just can't flipping lie to save my life. And my family would ask straight out, so have decided to just stay away and fib on the phone to them!!! I feel awful doing it, but it will be worth it come Christmas I hope and we will be nearer the 3 month mark. On the flip side, at least it will make the whole pregnancy shorter for them being told later!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

March 11, don't feel bad - if you don't want to tell people just yet and are a bad liar then don't go! It would be worse if you were coerced into telling when you didn't want to or weren't ready. Btw, I think (and maybe it's just me) that the old 'antibiotics' line doesn't work anyway - I think it's a real eyebrow raiser even when it's legit! I'd probably stick with the 'hubby hurt his back' excuse, or 'I've just given blood', or 'I have a bad migraine' or 'I think I'm coming down with a flu'... but then you know your family & you'll know what they'll fall for ;-) Best of luck getting through the weekend!

• Advertisement

Thanks Mamaheidi for the post, it has helped me decide to stick with my plan and am going to stay away and tell the porky on the phone, god forgive me!

Have a lovely weekend ladies and chat on Monday please god!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Can I join the July club too???
    I've done three home kits, with all the same results. Have doctors appointment next week to confirm.

We haven't told anyone yet, as we've only just found out ourselves. But when I've seen the doc next week, we'll tell our parents and probably our sisters. The rest of my siblings will find out on the great family grape vine!

Don't know why but I'm a little but terrified about telling my mum, even though she has like 9 other grandchildren! Like mamaheidi said about her OH's mum, she can be a little bit old-fashioned.
    On the other hand, his mother keeps dropping less than subtle hints about wanting to be a granny. Her only worry will be that my mother will see more of the baby (fingers crossed).

The nausea is killing me, i'd no other symptoms until this week when it hit me like a tidal wave. I'd been having a few killer cramps and my period was late, but I'd just put it down to stress at work. How wrong I was!
    I'm sure my boss thinks I'm trying to avoid work by hiding out in the toilets. I feel like everytime I take a sip of anything, I need the loo.

So, I'm looking forward to getting to know all of ye over the next few weeks and months (hopefully).

Good luck with whatever you decide to do March11...look forward to hearing if your plan works on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Welcome kildareash! And congrats.

I did the antibiotics line once already.
    I have a night out on the 23rd with old school friends. We do it every year. I'll be 10 weeks then, they won't believe ANY excuse so I might have to tell them.
    So far I have told 2 close friends at work. One sister who lives out foreign and my older sis. I really want to tell my parents but I'll try and hold off until Christmas. Don't think I could wait until after.
    Hubby is happy not to tell anyone, he's great at keeping secrets, he wants to wait until after Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

We told all our immediate family because we're all very close and If anything bad happened (god forbid), I'd want them all to help,
    Christmas day can't come soon enough-I'll be 12weeks then1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

We have lot told aswell: but alot of that is the fact I was in hospital and not easy to hide that from friends!

I'm glad they know though: if god forbid anything happened I'd want my friends and family around me.

I'm loving everyone joining in on this thread :D its all so exciting!!

I also bawled watching Dr Phil earlier: I rang himself in work (crying): he was not impressed with me: I was just really upset and wanted to say hi!! And I thought I wasn't really emotional :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Another night, another crap sleep :(
    I'll sleep for 2 hours then *BAM* wide awake for at least a half hour!
    I'll have to start watching my weight slightly, I had just lost 30lbs on ww a month before I got pregnant and 5 have already creeped back on, May up my veggies and cut out the crap.. Maybe I'll sleep better then too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm with ou on that one Javagal, I need more veggies and less junk food.

I went for an early scan at Ultrasound Dimensions, and they found a healthy heartbeat, so I am over the moon.

We had already told our parents, but we're going to tell our siblings and clse friends today.

It's so exciting seeing that ultrasound develop, when she said "well there's the heartbeat" it was like a monumental weight off my mind. I'm grinning from ear to ear now :)

Kash wrote: »
    I'm with ou on that one Javagal, I need more veggies and less junk food.

I went for an early scan at Ultrasound Dimensions, and they found a healthy heartbeat, so I am over the moon.

We had already told our parents, but we're going to tell our siblings and clse friends today.

It's so exciting seeing that ultrasound develop, when she said "well there's the heartbeat" it was like a monumental weight off my mind. I'm grinning from ear to ear now :)

How many weeks are you?
    When should I be getting my first ultrascan??it sounds amazing btw!

Ooh I can't wait to get my first ultrasound. I'm going to be a nervous wreck coming up to it though as I'll be worrying that everything is okay. Need to send off my hospital letter on Monday.

Well we went up to OH's parents last night to tell them. I actually felt nervous before hand, like they were going to give out. But they were delighted, we're married nearly 10 years so I've had hints dropped about them wanting grandkids for ages. My mother in law is already saying she doesn't know how she's going to keep it a secret!

I'm really frustrated with the sleep thing, no matter how late I go to bed I'm still wide awake at 7am and can't go back to sleep. That's fine on the weekdays but I miss my weekend lie-ins! Maybe my body is already preparing me for the complete lack of sleep when baby comes!

Of and welcome Kildareash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Thanks Mink!

I can't say my sleep has been disturbed, yet. I could sleep for Ireland! Everytime I've sat down over the last couple of days, I've nodded off!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Kildaresh I have this same - I went to bed yesterday at 8 pm and I left bed at 10 am this morning. I did send to bathroom few times over night but still it is over 12 hours sleep.

We told my mum and my hubby's parent's and our siblings, also few of our friends as I could not keep secret.

javagal wrote: »
    How many weeks are you?
    When should I be getting my first ultrascan??it sounds amazing btw!

I am 7 weeks, I have absolutely no idea when the first scan should be, but I knew you could pay for one in most of the big cities - so I got my own. And it was so worth it.

The babies heartbeat was 114 which the sonographer said was perfectly normal, even though I've been freaked out online with 'recommended' heartrates being a bit higher.

I am absolutely exhausted today, really nauseous and very sad that hubby has had to go back out of the country already. Still, it's only for 3 weeks and then we go to France for xmas!

I'm having very severe restless leg syndrome. Well, that's what I think it is. It actually started happening during the summer, but not much. But now! My legs jerk about 40-50 times a night.
    And now I can't even relax on the couch without my legs jerking.
    It's very weird and extremely annoying!

Happy Monday all! :D

Kildaresh - congratulations and welcome to the club.:)

I had a weekend of restless legs, headaches, hangover type feeling, sleep disturbance and loo trips -but it's OK!!! :p

My hubbbie went out on a work night out on Sat night - so I had 2 bottles of Becks non alcoholic beer on Sat evening and twas alright - anyone tried it? Is there such a thing as non alcoholic wine????

Well, I went ahead and told my porky that the hubbie had hurt his back at work by falling over, this was followed by numerous texts/calls from my siblings on Fri asking how he was, what he had been carrying, what he fell over and what medication he was on!!!! Then on Sat this was followed up with texts asking how he was!!!! OMG, I felt like JUDAS!!! So that was all grand, I had told the lie and things had quietened down, until my dad rang me Sat evening saying that himself and my mum would travel back with my bro (who lives near us) on Sun morning for a quick visit!!!!! I nearly died!!!!!!!!!! So we said look we would have to tell them when they arrived - but thankfully on Sun morning, they decided the visit would be too rushed and that they would leave it till another time!! Me nerves!

Lesson learned, telling lies is not good people!!! :P

How is everyone feeling?

I am 6 weeks tomorrow and am so sad wishing the weeks away... :rolleyes:

Cyning - how are you feeling?

Silly - the restless legs are driving my hubbie and I crazy, I put a pillow under the lower part of back and a pillow between my legs. I also have started sleeping the other way around in the bed, as in my feet are where my head normally is!!! Crazy I know, but it seems to help me the last few nights!!:confused: I also tried the bar of soap in a sock and put it behind the knee trick, supposed to work, but don't think it helped me, but anything is worth a try?!! Elevating the legs sometimes helps, but it can vary really. It's sooo annoying.... :mad:

I feel like crap... back in doctor this afternoon now so fingers crossed everything okayish anyway! I've definately lost weight but hey I only puked 5 times yesterday so that is an improvement!! I'm 8 weeks today :D so if they're right and all the sickness should be gone by 14 weeks (ish) only 6 weeks of this left!! I've discovered i can eat rashers, mashed potatoes and stewed apple: they stay down the longest at least! Exhausted from it though.

For the restless legs ice packs work wonders for me...

• Advertisement

Cyning hope you start to feel better sooner.

Speaking of morning sickness, I was on the What to expect .com website & it says there that women who experience morning sickness are far less likely to have a miscarriage than women who don't. To be honest, that freaked me out a little as I've no sign of sickness yet (5wks +2).

Anyone know of anyone who carried full term & didn't get an iota of sickness?

March2011, someone I know was looking into those non-alco wines & she said they are vile. Yeah becks non-alco is supposed to be fairly decent. I think there may be a non-alco Erdinger also. Must check it out.

Nothing much happening with me other than crampy, booby :p and waking up at weird hours still.

Has anyone noticed if their skin has got nicer or detioriated. My skin reacts strongly to hormones but not much changing at the moment (I will take that over acne!!)

Oh Cyning you poor thing - my heart goes out to you feeling so ill.

Mink - I have often heard that about the sicker you are, the better it is as it means you have a strong pregnancy - but I don't know if that's an old wives tale???!!:confused:

No change in my skin condition, but my eyes look very heavy, like they do when you are sick. They have been like this since I got pregnant.

Mink morning sickness doesn't usually kick in untill between 4 and 6 weeks so you might get it yet!! And one of my friends did not get one ounce of morning sickness throughout either of her pregnancies so i really wouldn't worry about it.

March11 I read that in some places about morning sickness, and when I was in hosp they all said it too: but for every website that says theres a correlation between high levels of sickness and lower level of miscarraige there's another that doesn't. I give up on the internet :D

The other thing that alot of sites say is that if your prone to travel sickness you're more likely to experience morning sickness: which would definately be true in my case: totally pointless information but interesting nonetheless!!

I really hope that thing about morning sickness is not true! I'm 6+5 and no sign of any type of sickness!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Kash wrote: »
    I am 7 weeks, I have absolutely no idea when the first scan should be, but I knew you could pay for one in most of the big cities - so I got my own. And it was so worth it.

The babies heartbeat was 114 which the sonographer said was perfectly normal, even though I've been freaked out online with 'recommended' heartrates being a bit higher.

How soon would I hear a heartbeat?
    I`m 7 weeks on wednesday so thought I might book myself in for next week at 8 weeks [6weeks from conception!?!]
    I`d be be nervous but I really want some reassurance given my history...
    :)
    I told a few more friends on the weekend at a Xmas party, alcohol free Becks tasted awful, tomato juice and fizzy cranberry had to do instead!!
    I mentioned my awful morning sickness to my friend who`s a Doctor and she says is a very good sign for the baby - she might be just telling me what I want to hear?!
    My boobs went from nothing to something over the weekend :D
    Anyone eating COAL yet?? :rolleyes:

My aunt used to eat the cinders from the fire when she was pregnant!

I am gone mad for marmalade on toast! And I thought the Becks tasted alright, but I wouldn't normally drink beer....

I am only 6 weeks and I am actually bursting out of my pants today, be it bloating or whatever it is - anyone else like that??? I am mortified someone will notice here at work as it's way too early.... :eek:

As for the MS, my sis in law flew through the 3 of her pregnancies, not a bother on her and they are all perfectly adorable kids today running around. :):):) So don't be worrying yourselves, it's different for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Tomato juice, apples, cream crackers and boiled eggs!!
    Not too weird just yet...
    I`ve expanded a bit this time, like when you have a big dinner and have to open a button, My sister gave me her size 10 maternity trousers but thankfully they`re too big just yet! So I`m at work this week with a button open..;)
    So I count 11 July babies COOL :)

Fri.Day wrote: »
    How soon would I hear a heartbeat?

The place I went could do the early scan from 6 weeks onwards - it was 145 euro, but i would have paid twice that for the peace of mind.

I'm not craving anything too extreme, apart from buttery barm brack. I can live with that!

I was never a big drinker, but I missed the booze this weekend, it was the first time I was stone cold sober at a party, and the first time that i was in bed by 10 despite everyone else going strong until all hours.

I told my little brother (he's 27, so not that little anymore!) and he was so over the moon, he nearly made me cry. It was by far the best reaction I could have got, i had not heard him that excited since he believed in Santa Claus :D

• Advertisement

I haven't had any cravings really, except I've developed quiet a sweet tooth! I never liked sweets much but I love those maom's?

Advertisement