Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

C-J wrote: »
    the whole street exercising while stuffing their gobs with burgers chips milkshakes and alcohol each day is counter productive.

:D

It would be cool if one of the food outlets was healthy. We could have the Hungry Pig on one side of the street, and an organic vegetarian joint on the other. I can see Bob running a muesli special made out of kitty-litter and bran flakes, just to undercut the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

I wonder if all the drama about the "drains" will lead to Sarah's body being discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Are we to infer from the long lingering look at the manhole cover tonight after Denzo crossed the road that Denzo has something to do with the drains blockage or after all that, is it a simple case of Bob pouring his chip fat from The Hungry Pig down the sink? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Ameliajane i'm most certainly not trying to upset anybody. I brought up a simple lifestyle/ health storyline & suddenly a few got offended, i know weight is a touchy topic for those who struggle but surely thats a viable storyline for a soap? Death, murder, suicide, affairs etc are all sensitive topics for people yet all of those are covered. I really am sick of this now as are all of the posters here can we just get back to fair city!

Karen23 wrote: »
    How unrealistic is it that Suzanne confides in Mark about her pregnancy ??

I see your point, but I think I liked that as a twist. I thought Suzanne was almost forced to confide in Mark, because he thought the beating he gave her was responsible.

It's very strange how the story has worked out. In a way, Suzanne and Mark have more in common with each other now than either of them has with Damien.

I like the strange friendships that you get in soaps. Was the short bromance between Charlie and Zumo the most lunatic relationship Fair City has ever produced?

• Advertisement

C.J - Glad to hear it and am also pleased to see the Bishop's in a upcoming storyline.
    It will be interesting to see how that storyline pans out.

Are we to infer from the long lingering look at the manhole cover tonight after Denzo crossed the road that Denzo has something to do with the drains blockage or after all that, is it a simple case of Bob pouring his chip fat from The Hungry Pig down the sink? ;)

I think when they open the manhole we will find the secret underworld of Carrigstown, where all the disappeared characters have been living. Lana and Farrah and Tracy and Troy Dowling will be sitting around a stone altar, worshipping Malachy in a long black robe, and eating albino rats.

"When can we attack the UpperWorld, masssster?"
    "Shut up, Kay."

Long Room Hubba, Thanks for reminding me about Tracey. Does anyone know if this character will be coming back? It seems like ages since Tracey was on FC?

I think when they open the manhole we will find the secret underworld of Carrigstown, where all the disappeared characters have been living. Lana and Farrah and Tracy and Troy Dowling will be sitting around a stone altar, worshipping Malachy in a long black robe, and eating albino rats.

"Shut up, Kay."

Remember Lana's friend? She was supposed to be Russian but she was about as Russian as a plate of Dublin coddle. She was married to that ultra-possessive taxi driver who worked for Leo. They've both disappeared down the manhole as well, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Awww the old thread was put down.

This drains storyline is pretty bad!! Cannot agree that Caoimhe is getting porky. She's a wisp of a thing. Totally concur though that Charlie's meandering accent is part of the character and not bad acting. Re Suzanne & Mark I think it's quite common to confide in someone you have conflict with rather than someone that's very close to you. I bet there some psychotherapist's explanation! That whole newsletter plot is woeful. I mean who would care.... No FC til Wed how will I survive!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

ameliajane wrote: »
    Long Room Hubba, Thanks for reminding me about Tracey. Does anyone know if this character will be coming back? It seems like ages since Tracey was on FC?

I hope she comes back, maybe she has taken a longer maternity break, I know she has been doing theatre work since she has been off..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Remember Lana's friend? She was supposed to be Russian but she was about as Russian as a plate of Dublin coddle. She was married to that ultra-possessive taxi driver who worked for Leo. They've both disappeared down the manhole as well, I'd say.
    Olga and Tim i think their names were. I remember Gift Grub used to do a mean impression of Tim.

max life wrote: »
    Olga and Tim i think their names were. I remember Gift Grub used to do a mean impression of Tim.

Is Gift Grub available online anywhere? I've missed it since they stopped doing the podcasts.

Is Gift Grub available online anywhere? I've missed it since they stopped doing the podcasts.

You can listen to recent ones here:

http://www.mariorosenstock.ie/gift-grub/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

If the problem with the drains is
    Sarah's suitcase, why didnt Denzo burn her clothes??? Why would he put them in a drain, when there was a good chance they would be discovered??

This is Denzo you're talking about, hardly the brains of the operation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

"Shut up, Kay."

Is Terence down there as well? Because if he isn't then
    maybe he's still alive and coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where is Esther?

I'm surprised she wasnt putting her nose into the drains problem

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is Esther?

I'm surprised she wasnt putting her nose into the drains problem

Maybe her wigs are causing the blockage? Have to get rid of them some way. Cheaper to flush them down the toilet than have to pay wheelie bin refuse charges. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

"Shut up, Kay."

Maybe Chrisso's down there, too.
    news2,020823.jpg

Spoiler time!

Sunday August 28th.
    In the park, Barry urges Vivienne to tell her family about the proposal. He also suggests to Suzanne that she should get back with Damien. Suzanne is puzzled and annoyed by his suggestion. Dolores tells a put off Wayne that Laura suggested he moved back in with his mum. Dolores suggests that he should start looking for a new place to stay.

Barry becomes tormented with guilt about Sarah and can't stop looking at her photo. He begins to think that his hands are dirty and washes them obsessively. Paul calls to Barry and asks if they can go back to being good friends again. He is intrigued when he learns that Vivienne is upstairs waiting for Barry. Mark feels claustrophobic while staying in Halpins. Wayne and Laura clash. Mark tells Wayne his family are trying to run his life.

Orla, who is desperate for money, suggests a PR-style promotion for the Station bar to raise its profile. A desperate Finn takes this on board. Finn tells Neasa that he is worried that the Station will close down, but Neasa supports him and encourages him. In McCoy's, Barry impulsively announces his engagement to Vivienne to the public. Vivienne is really upset, saying he did not take her family into consideration. Niamh questions Paul about the suddenness of the engagement and Bob decides to hold a celebration for Barry. Vivienne begs Sash not to tell anyone about it.

Mark and Denzo pass each other in the park and have to sadly ignore one another. Mark tells Suzanne that he must get away from his family. Caoimhe and Decco come to an understanding. She admits she likes danger and he admits he likes classy ladies. They decide to sleep together. Laura is disarmed when Suzanne tells her she has no intention of trying to get Damien back into her life. Mark applies to join the army.

Barry and Vivienne go back to McCoy's to celebrate their engagement. Barry is called on to speak but gets emotional in doing so. He breaks down, and when Paul hugs him, he whispers, 'I killed her, Paul'. Paul stops him from saying it to Vivienne, stating he is upset and needs to go home. Paul lifts him home as a shocked McCoy's watch them leave.

Tuesday, August 30th
    Paul and Niamh talk about Barry. Paul reveals that Barry is still down and out, and that it will take him a while to recover from the shock of having a gun waved in his face. Paul then reveals to a flabbergast Niamh that Barry said he killed Sarah. They both think that he is talking about Gina and worry that he is becoming delusional.

Paul calls to Barry's and is relieved that Barry does not mention Sarah. He explains that he is on Valium and his brain feels like it is wrapped in cotton wool. Paul tells him that he shouldn't feel guilty over the 'accident' (with Gina) and he should not say it to anyone else. He tells him that if he needs to talk he should just confide in Paul. Barry questions if Vivienne still wants to marry him, and Paul promises that she still loves him just as much. Damien and Laura wonder if Mark is serious about joining the army, and Laura questions Mark's fitness.

Dermot feels the pinch over sending Ben to school. They begin to wonder if they're going to have problems with Ben and school. They ask Robert for his help. Vivienne reveals her engagement to a shocked Bishop clan and the boys debate whether to tell Vivienne that Barry launders money. Eileen thinks it won't happen as she is still married. An old friend of Mark calls him and asks him to meet. They agree to meet for lunch. Loretta arrives in the Hungry Pig and they shyly greet one another. He learns that she is moving to Galway.

Denzo calls to Barry and begs him to say nothing about Sarah. Barry tells him that he can't handle that guilt anymore. Vivienne arrives and catches them arguing. She demands to know what they are talking about. In a panic, Denzo reveals Barry's involvement in the money laundering. She storms out of the house, saying she doesn't know Barry anymore.

Paul and Niamh stroll in the park and Paul suggests that Niamh forgive Barry over Gina. They call to Barry's, who has made up his mind he can no longer continue living the way he does. He declares to them that he is going to confess to Deegan about killing Sarah.

Wednesday August 31
    Paul meets with Barry in the community centre and tries to persuade Barry that he doesn't feel well and that's why he is saying such crazy things. He tells him that he needs to speak to Dr Judith and not Deegan. Later, Niamh suggests that they prove Sarah is still alive. Paul tells Niamh that he feels responsible for Barry's breakdown.

An upset Ben refuses to put on his uniform and go to school. They manage to bring him to school in his Spider-Man outfit. An emotional Jo has to leave before she starts crying. Mark chats to Damien and Laura and tells them that he's going for dinner with his ex-girlfriend Loretta. When he leaves, Damien tells Laura that he is not convinced the army is the right choice for Mark.

Vivienne storms into Barry's house and demands to know why Barry laundered the money. He tells her that her sons blackmailed him over the paedophile allegations. She tells him that she wants to move forward and doesn't want any more lies between them. Jo and Ben's teacher clash when the teacher tells them that Ben has to come into school with his uniform on tomorrow. Dermot is concerned when Ben says that he's not going back. Niamh does a bit of detective work and quizzes Sean and Suzanne about Sarah. They both give her varying answers that she is in China but she emails and texts Bob. A pleased Niamh lets Paul know this.

When Paul tells Barry that he knows Sarah is alive, Barry replies that it is him who keeps in contact with Bob. He tells Paul that he is going to show him her grave to convince him, but Niamh arrives in and nearly scuppers their plans. They promise Niamh that they will go for food later and then Barry drives Paul to the woods.

They find Sarah's grave and Barry finally convinces Paul he is telling the truth when he shows him the empty holy water phial he left there. A horrified Paul does not know what to do and questions why he brought his family into it.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

What happened to the transplant girl - I think Dolores was sure the girl received some of Jessica's organs?

deelite wrote: »
    What happened to the transplant girl - I think Dolores was sure the girl received some of Jessica's organs?

I thought she was going to be a regularish character.. I wonder did Dolores ever get her money back....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Sigourney wrote: »
    Maybe Chrisso's down there, too.
    news2,020823.jpg

Cant remember who Chrisso was linked with. Was it Kay or Damien??

Cant remember who Chrisso was linked with. Was it Kay or Damien??
    I think she was Billy's sister. I remember she was friends with Carol for a while.

I think she was Billy's sister. I remember she was friends with Carol for a while.

She was a brilliant actress. I don't remember what her story was, but she was very tough and very real. There were some great people in the cast back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Looks like it's all gonna kick off now..

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

If something happens to Robert inadvertently I'll cry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Gary Morgan = sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Well that was a let down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

And in a week or two there'll be no mention of mark's connection with the bishops...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement