Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toshiba a500 high proformance laptop

• 05-06-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

this is a custom built model with is made by toshiba when you order it and i was thinking of buying this one

intel core i3-330 2.13GHz
    4gb ram
    320/500gb hdd 5400rpm
    nividia geforce gt330m (1gb dedicated)
    dvd super multi drive (+/- R double layer)
    windows home 7 premium
    bluetooth
    high capacity lithium ion 12 cells
    16" 720p hd compatible LED screen
    hdmi output port
    hd webcam
    €750-€800

i would be using it for games, video editing, etc

other things i can upgrade but im not sure of, please tell me what you think

HDD from 5400rpm to 7200rpm for €20 (but i probably with buy an external hardrive for saving things on, so my hardive will have very little in it)

intel i3 or i5 (alot more money but i dont want to waist a load of battery either)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

intel core i3-330 2.13GHz
    4gb ram
    320/500gb hdd 5400rpm
    nividia geforce gt330m (1gb dedicated)
    dvd super multi drive (+/- R double layer)
    windows home 7 premium
    bluetooth
    high capacity lithium ion 12 cells
    16" 720p hd compatible LED screen
    hdmi output port
    hd webcam
    €750-€800

Those specs look pretty nice to me. For the hard drive, if it were me I'd just get the 5400rpm for now and upgrade it to an SSD myself later (when the prices come down!). Also, what kind of games are you trying to run? The i3 and 330m will run almost anything that's out now, but there are some games it won't run on high settings (GTA4, Bad Company 2, Crysis, see here). Also, for the screen, you should make sure that 1366x768 (720p) is what you want on a 16" screen and not a higher resolution (maybe check it out in a shop or watch a video.). Oh and I almost forgot - it's a great price! The Sony Vaio F series, for example, offers similar specs at a higher price, plus they underclock their GPUs. So I think it's a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Dont bother gettin a 7200rpm hard drive.mines 5400 and its very fast. See if it has a firewire(1394 port) in case you ever get a hd camera so u can connect it to the laptop.What site is it from? Try to get 6 or 8gb ram if u can because it will make the editing a lot faster.Make sure the Windows 7 is 64 bit so it can support the ram your using

Advertisement