Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

moylaragh - cracks

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

If I was you I'd as the two houses on either side to see if their houses have been affected.the signs should be pretty clear.there is a visual inspection that is carried out by a professional company that costs roughly €200.the deep core test is around €1500.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

If I was you, I wouldnt part with any cash unless presented with a pyrite free certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

Morpheus wrote: »
    If I was you, I wouldnt part with any cash unless presented with a pyrite free certificate.

They say the house is sold as is, they say there is no pyrite to their knowledge but that doesn't guarantee its not there
    They cant take any liability whatsoever in this regard so cant give anything in writing
    they say you are free to have your tests done

I'd walk away from the house.if the owners can't guarantee the house is pyrite free then why take a chance.
    It could be the biggest mistake ever to buy a house that has pyrite

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tawyelan

In shock! wrote: »
    I think you should call me on <mod snip - PM only> as I was speaking to an estate agent re selling a property in Moylaragh!

Hi
    I'm thinking of buying in Moylaragh. At this stage I'm waiting for vender to provide green cert. I wonder if the pyrite issue / reputation affects much the house market in the area. Since I will be selling once. How come some houses are affected some not even on the same street. Wasn't it the same building company? Are there any listings available somewhere to see which houses are / are likely to be affected.

Thanks a mil for your help, any advice greatly appreciated

• Advertisement

Tawyelan wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm thinking of buying in Moylaragh. At this stage I'm waiting for vender to provide green cert. I wonder if the pyrite issue / reputation affects much the house market in the area. Since I will be selling once. How come some houses are affected some not even on the same street. Wasn't it the same building company? Are there any listings available somewhere to see which houses are / are likely to be affected.

Thanks a mil for your help, any advice greatly appreciated

It was the same building company but they used infill from two different quarries. A small number of houses are unaffected(mine included).
    Don't think there are listings to separate the affected houses but anyone who has pyrite are getting them fixed at the moment

Hi all,

Im buying a house in Moylaragh/
    Balbriggan. I would like to know if it is hard to sell a house there. I mean Moylaragh estate has pyrire issue so r t people afraid to buy houses there or is it ok once u provide them.with t green certificate? Id like to sell a house in 10 years so im trying to find out if I'll have any difficulties to sell the house later on. Any comments will be much appreciated.

Thank u for t reply. I was just wondering, how did u find out that ur house is not affected? Did u get it tested? and is so what kind of test did u do? Did u do t drills? T house I want to buy doesn't show any signs even after 12 years but I'd say there is still a risk that t cracks will appear in future.

Tawyelan wrote: »
    Thank u for t reply. I was just wondering, how did u find out that ur house is not affected? Did u get it tested? and is so what kind of test did u do? Did u do t drills? T house I want to buy doesn't show any signs even after 12 years but I'd say there is still a risk that t cracks will appear in future.

It cost me 2k to get a core sample tested for pyrite.when the company first came out he did a visual test and told me there WS no way I had pyrite and I'd be wasting 2k for the test but I got it done anyway.
    I'd imagine after 12 years some signs would be there in any house that had it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,744 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Tawyelan - Please do not use txtspk in the forums.

Thanks,

tHB

• Advertisement
Advertisement