Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Event Security

Options
  • 19-12-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I'm currently organising an event for about 500 patrons in the Crowned Plaza Northwood. We are told we need 1 security guard per 100 patrons which total 5. All security must be licenced. We will probably need these working from about 7pm - 2am this is working out very costly for us as we have very limited funds available.

I am completely novice in this territory and am open to all advice. I was wondering where is the best place to look for tenders for security an what would the average cost of a security guard per hour in Dublin.

All help and comments are welcomed.

Regards,
    Ciaran Devine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

are you sure you need only 1 per 100 …. sounds a bit thin to me .

have you contacted private security firms ? asked for quotations ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 koolciaran

Corkbah wrote: »
    are you sure you need only 1 per 100 …. sounds a bit thin to me .

have you contacted private security firms ? asked for quotations ?

I have contacted one or two but I'm finding it very hard to find firms which provide this service.

I was also thinking 1/100 was small but I'm not going to complain as it will work out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

you'll also have to ensure public liability insurance - in the event someone trips and falls !!

the only problem is time - normally you need to book these type of people weeks/months in advance - of you pay over the odds.

Advertisement