Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forms for buying a shotgun

• 09-06-2010 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi im buying a shotgun off a friend and im just wondering what forms do i need to get from him to hand in to the garda station RE: Buying the gun

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Firstly an FCA1.

Secondly a copy of his current license. Both sides.

Thirdly a receipt from him to confirm the selling of the gun upon successful application on your part.

I don't think its necessary, but when i sold mine privately i left mine in with a friendly dealer and got a note, which i gave to the buyer to give in with his FCA1 to show that i had stored the firearm in a dealers until sold. If the worst happens and you are refused at least your mate can get the firearm back. His license stays valid for 14 days after the sale. So technically both of you are licensed for 2 weeks, at which point his license expires
    Fill in the FCA1, supply his details and give the letter from him instead of the dealers details. Then all the usual stuff that goes along with the standard FCA1 and submit everything to your local Garda/FO.

If its a substitution just tick the substitution box in section1 otherwise tick "Firearms Certificate".
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bobbbyyyyyy

ezridax wrote: »
    Firstly an FCA1.

Secondly a copy of his current license. Both sides.

Thirdly a receipt from him to confirm the selling of the gun upon successful application on your part.

I don't think its necessary, but when i sold mine privately i left mine in with a friendly dealer and got a note, which i gave to the buyer to give in with his FCA1 to show that i had stored the firearm in a dealers until sold. If the worst happens and you are refused at least your mate can get the firearm back. His license stays valid for 14 days after the sale. So technically both of you are licensed for 2 weeks, at which point his license expires
    Fill in the FCA1, supply his details and give the letter from him instead of the dealers details. Then all the usual stuff that goes along with the standard FCA1 and submit everything to your local Garda/FO.

If its a substitution just tick the substitution box in section1 otherwise tick "Firearms Certificate".

ok ill try get my hands on 1 thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You can get one from any Garda station or download them from the Garda website.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bobbbyyyyyy

ezridax wrote: »
    You can get one from any Garda station or download them from the Garda website.

ye i got it thanks

Advertisement