Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday

• 12-10-2014 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Jaysus... If forecast holds... :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

30 knots offshore, you having a laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Will it ruin it that much? Ive almost never seen offshore wind that strong tbh

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Will it ruin it that much? Ive almost never seen offshore wind that strong tbh

If the winds were 20 knots lighter I'd head west but

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

rodento wrote: »
    If the winds were 20 knots lighter I'd head west but
    Like John West I'll be gone West!!

So can anyone explain to me what strong offshore winds(~30mph) like tomorrow do to an 8 foot swell. Will it be messy? Or will all the waves be flattened?

What about if you were to find someplace with shelter from the wind like the little cove just south of lahinch town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Chance the waves will be blown back out to sea, if they aren't it would be difficult to paddle into them and there will be lots of spray coming of the back of them into your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭noserider

Thursday also looks good

Looks very strong cross shore winds

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks like the wind is going to drop in the afternoon tomorrow, might be good after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Looks perfect to me, and remember, it is often easier to get shelter from howling offshores that howling onshores . . .

• Advertisement

anyone watching the webcam? Its huge!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dr Nic wrote: »
    anyone watching the webcam? Its huge!!

Link? I'm at odds about whether to go or not. 4 hr drive and haven't surfed much in a year, might be a bit too much too soon for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 makalas

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Link? I'm at odds about whether to go or not. 4 hr drive and haven't surfed much in a year, might be a bit too much too soon for me.

oceanscene.ie/lahinch-webcam/

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

Lahinch surf shops webcam is pointed in a better direction.

http://www.lahinchsurfshop.com/lahinch-web-cam-271257cm1.html

Mickeroo wrote: »

Thought your local would've been fine?????

Thought your local would've been fine?????

Was on shore in my local, where you think I live? :P Was meant to be meeting a few mates in Lahinch rather than going just for the surf, I ended up staying put anyway, there was a reef nearby that doesn't work very often so went there instead.

Dont know why but thought it was someplace near westport

Dont know why but thought it was someplace near westport

Ah yeah you're not far wrong, my local would be keel. Few spots out by westport would have been pumping alright!

Wind finally drops tomorrow. some nice clean waves before work me hopes

Advertisement