Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hurricane season

• 29-06-2014 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Not a hurricane yet but worth keeping an eye on this little beaut :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Starting to build :D

Arthur is born :D

Not sure it's a good track yet, but due to become a hurricane

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov

Looks like we could get a good hit, just need the winds to play ball

15 sec period forecast for next week

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,121 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not looking like it's going to be as good as it was originally forecast now :(

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not looking like it's going to be as good as it was originally forecast now :(

Don't mind so much cause got something last week :D

But would be nice to get some proper hurricane swell, like the august weekend a couple of years ago

• Advertisement

Bertha is now a hurricane and could merge with a system in the English Channel

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov

http://magicseaweed.com/news/hurricane-bertha-surf-outlook/6635/

Sickie may be in order :D

Worth keeping an eye on Cristobal :D

Looking like it's going to deliver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MACtic

Looks like Monday will be monster of a surf!

One hell of a day, pure magic :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Fecking big in lahinch

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tonyfillony

You guys on the west Coast get all the waves, was down Castlefreke today after work , waves were grand nothing special , Oh to be camping in the dunes down in Castlegregory for the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Dunno dude nearly died today lol. Some 6 feet waves today...

I'll put today into some context

In the last 10 years I can count the times I've surfed overhead glass on the fingers in one hand

Today I surfed a head and a half point with one other in the water and at times it was pure glass, absolutely stocked

Shared the second spot with four others for most of the surf and those waves alone would have made the trip worth while :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MACtic

rodento wrote: »
    I'll put today into some context

In the last 10 years I can count the times I've surfed overhead glass on the fingers in one hand

Today I surfed a head and a half point with one other in the water and at times it was pure glass, absolutely stocked

Shared the second spot with four others for most of the surf and those waves alone would have made the trip worth while :D:D:D

Which spot are you talking about rodento?

MACtic wrote: »
    Which spot are you talking about rodento?

Surfed Easkey left on the second session but as for the first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

rodento wrote: »
    Surfed Easkey left on the second session but as for the first :D

No photos didn't happen bla bla bla nothing to see here :P

No photos didn't happen bla bla bla nothing to see here :P
    Talking of photos, if you post one up from your smart phone, chances are the location of where the photo was taken is listed in the properties....

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Monday night was a truly special surf, got in about half six and surfed until dark at my all time favourite spot. It really was special, one of those surfs which flatter you, providing everything you need to really make it come together. Long waling rights, perfect speedy sections (some cover ups thrown in for the craic) and a channel that made the paddle back out easier.

Add in the fact that there were only three of us surfing that wave that evening.

Thank you Clare for again showing what you can do!

Tropical Depression 6, off the cape verde islands - hopefully will be worth watching

• Advertisement

But like the last hurrah but Fay and Gonzalo have interesting tracks :D

Advertisement