Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

phi3 wrote: »
    Silly question, but humour me!
    What would be considered a normal drink for a woman around 30 to order in a pub?
    Don't worry about what's normal or trying to fit into a conventional bracket, order whatever you want to drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Anyone here on Lexotan? If so, how do you find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Anyone here on Lexotan? If so, how do you find it?
    I am. It's useful for panic attacks and sleeping but just be cautious cos it's that little bit addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 periwinkle

Stupid Seroquel! :P

Sorry for the rant but I started it last night. It's so sedating I could hardly get myself into the bed for drowsiness and I was out like a light. Was due in work this morning and I had to get my dad to ring - I was so woozy I couldn't talk and so drowsy I definitely couldn't drive. Slept on until 4.20 this afternoon and I still feel groggy.

I think that's the end of me and Seroquel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

periwinkle wrote: »

Sorry for the rant but I started it last night. It's so sedating I could hardly get myself into the bed for drowsiness and I was out like a light. Was due in work this morning and I had to get my dad to ring - I was so woozy I couldn't talk and so drowsy I definitely couldn't drive. Slept on until 4.20 this afternoon and I still feel groggy.

I've heard about the tiredness with Seroquel.

I'm probably going to start taking Abilify today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

I take 12.5mg at night of Seroquel and find it great. Any more than that and I turn into a zombie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xonox

The first day I took seroquel I wondered how I could stick with it too. My boyfriend came home and thought I'd been drinking, I could barely get out of the chair. I did get used to it though. When my psychiatrist doubled the dose I did find the morning one was causing me to be much slower in work, so he said it was ok to take 75% at night and 25% in the morning.

I'm still a wary about driving after taking it e.g. I take the morning dose just as I leave before the 2 minute drive to work as I find now I don't really feel any effects for about 45 minutes.

Thanks xonox,

I don't think I can cope with it - I already tend to oversleep and this is just gonna make matters worse! Plus I'm already overweight with a family history of diabetes.

My new psych is struggling to find a replacement for Effexor as she didn't think it was appropriate in my case (even though I've been on it for years.) If the Seroquel doesn't work, she's just going to up the Effexor again. She also tried Lexapro, which did nothing for me at all. I'd been on it years ago and it didn't work for me then, either.

I guess I'm feeling a bit frustrated with it all. The Lamictal (mood stabiliser) is great - it's finding a drug other than Effexor to go with it is the problem. I had a bad episode before Christmas that landed me on my ass the last two months so I guess the Effexor isn't doing its job.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who occasionally feels they'd be just as well off without all these drugs!

neemish wrote: »
    I take 12.5mg at night of Seroquel and find it great. Any more than that and I turn into a zombie

Thanks neemish.

Do you take it as an anti-depressant?

Think I've been prescribed 25mg. I could talk to the doc about halving that dose, for now.

Hersheys wrote: »
    I am. It's useful for panic attacks and sleeping but just be cautious cos it's that little bit addictive.

Yeah, my main area of trouble is sleeping, and I was worrying about the addictive part.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xonox

Thanks xonox,

I don't think I can cope with it - I already tend to oversleep and this is just gonna make matters worse! Plus I'm already overweight with a family history of diabetes.

My new psych is struggling to find a replacement for Effexor as she didn't think it was appropriate in my case (even though I've been on it for years.) If the Seroquel doesn't work, she's just going to up the Effexor again. She also tried Lexapro, which did nothing for me at all. I'd been on it years ago and it didn't work for me then, either.

I guess I'm feeling a bit frustrated with it all. The Lamictal (mood stabiliser) is great - it's finding a drug other than Effexor to go with it is the problem. I had a bad episode before Christmas that landed me on my ass the last two months so I guess the Effexor isn't doing its job.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who occasionally feels they'd be just as well off without all these drugs!

Used to oversleep a lot too and definitely wouldn't have been able to handle seroquel then. I was on Effexor for about 5 years and found it great for maybe the first 3 and a half, then not so much.

I understand what you mean about wanting to be off them. Fed up not knowing whats a side effect and what's me, and the chopping and changing. Best of luck with finding the right combination for you to feel right again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 want to disappear

Have had a rough day, feel like hitting my head against a wall.

Going to try and walk it off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Really very anxious trembeling hands racing thoughts.....trying to go with it.
    Bloody hard I tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ladyblackadder

handbagmad wrote: »
    Really very anxious trembeling hands racing thoughts.....trying to go with it.
    Bloody hard I tell ya
    It can be hard. Breathe slowly and try to focus by counting your breaths. Most of all, don't give out to yourself if you can't do it. ~hugs~

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Gone to two body dysmorphic disorder support groups now. Both times I was the only one there :( Not helping with the feeling of isolation

No, cymbalta is my anti-dep. It's a great drug in one way - I feel great on it. But I don't know how I'm ever going to get off it. The withdrawal is horrific. Even if I miss one dose, I can feel it.

Re seroquel: My GP had never heard of the 12.mg dose. It was my pdoc who started me with that. i think thats the one benefit of seeing a pdoc - they are more confident with the meds and with trying different combos

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Fiancee was on Cymbalta, but it didn't work for her. I'm on prozit and it seems to make me sleepy all the time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feeling lonely again, happens me a lot, because how messed up i am i don't consider myself to be able to 'do' a relationship.. Besides which i'm naive in that i never notice anyone, or so i'm told.. Going back to therapy soon, it's oh so slow but can't see how else to proceed, meds alone aren't going to fix me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You'll find someone amazing Gremlinertia :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah i'm just typing my thoughts out. If i manage to get them out here i'll be able say them in therapy. Not lookin for sympathy, just stating the facts as i currently see them.. Hopefully with a bit of work they'll change a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I just know you will find someone. Your a lovely person, just going through a bit of a hard time. Long as you come out the other end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

I quote 'why does it always rain on me , is it because i lied when i was 17'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

i feel burnt out from having bad thoughts nearly everyday,its my birthday in a few days and i feel really bad,tears most days,im not able to make anythin positive happen to me.

I had a horrible day today. Had a bad bout of anxiety and missed an exam and then felt even worse for missing it and had a freak out - cried literally non-stop for I don't even know how long and was quite breathless, felt sick to my stomach, couldn't eat or drink or move from my bed for most of the day. Got up to go out for a walk, but didn't get too far before going back. I more than anything just want to go home to my parents house and just curl up and be alone.

Kaching wrote: »
    I quote 'why does it always rain on me , is it because i lied when i was 17'

This, this, a thousand times this.

I'm in a real down. I am too paranoid to post about it for fear I will be recognised by anybody.

This, this, a thousand times this.

I'm in a real down. I am too paranoid to post about it for fear I will be recognised by anybody.

x1000

Bad weekend. Stuck to the bed in a panic.

Right now I really hate myself.

Bad weekend. Stuck to the bed in a panic.

Right now I really hate myself.

im always here if you need me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Feels terminal. I feel dead already.

• Advertisement

Feels terminal. I feel dead already.

Are you ok?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement