Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Core i7 and i5 Overclocking thread

• 02-02-2010 3:12pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Seeing that i've seen some major overclocking on some other websites, lets see what our own boardsies can muster up with the new CPUs! :D

Will have a go with my 860 after work!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I will do up a couple of screenies at the weekend :)

**Edit**
    Just bought some new RAM should have this on monday as well couple of Gigs of Gskill Ripsaw PC3-16000 2000MHz Ram.
    defo need to take some before and after screenshots when I get this in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭game4it70

Heres my i7 920 c0.Thats with a Asus P6T and a noctua with two Akasa apaches.

I have cpuz validated (tho cant find link) @ 4.37 with this chip but it refuses to be stable at anything over 4.17ghz.The temps are to high for 24/7 use though.

I hope to get either a d0 or a 930 when they come out so i can push it a little more.I'm also looking at maybe water cooling the new chip but will wait to see if it clocks high enough to make water worth while.

Good to now see a new post on oc'ing as i find it strange that there is never much talk about it here.There must be some boardies that do it so get your screenies up guys.
    Thanks cherryghost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

My own 920 D0 is humming along happily with a bclk of 170 @ 1.1v. Never felt the need to go higher really, it chews up everything I throw at it without fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭game4it70

My own 920 D0 is humming along happily with a bclk of 170 @ 1.1v. Never felt the need to go higher really, it chews up everything I throw at it without fuss.
    I'm just plain greedy though:rolleyes:

Thats a nice voltage you have there,my c0's vid is 1.28v:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I have a very strong feeling my current ram is holding me back as cooling isn't a issue need to trim back on the voltage next, and update the bios on this board.
    multi at 20.0
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=999482
    cpu.jpg

still haven't even started on my gfx yet....

Upped the multi to 21.0 much much better now, and updated the Bios.
    CPUV2.jpg
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=999587

BCLK upped
    CPUV3.jpg
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=999627

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

^^lol, what kinda cooling are you using? WC? whats its like after running prime 95 torture test for 2 hours? great OC for a c0, im running at around 1.28vcore for 191x20(21 turbo ) with my D0 but my ambient temps have gotten a bit too high over the past month so i may have to reduce it a bit as im just over the 80C

You didnt show us the mem :P

• lmimmfn wrote: »
    whats its like after running prime 95 torture test for 2 hours?

Whats it like running IBT?!?!? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭edber2011

i7 2600k@4.2ghz@1.28vid@60 degrees celcius intel burn test,asrock p67 ex 6,8 gig gskill ripjaws x 1600 @stock,h70 water cooler,

Advertisement