Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone ever play the Cyanide Game of Thrones RPG?

• 12-04-2015 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

The game on Steam

Came out a couple of years ago and I got it when it was in a Humble Bundle. I had heard mostly negative things about it but I really loved it when I played it. The combat isn't amazing but I thought it was nicely tactical. The art and voice acting are inconsistent - sometimes really good, sometimes really bad. But I really loved the story. It's not exactly on the same level as the books and it has some internal inconsistencies and issues fitting in with the main events but overall I thought it was a great companion piece telling its own story in Westeros.

In terms of where it fits in it starts a bit before the start of the first book/series and ends a bit before it as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

It looks like Might and Magic 9, which I really liked, but was generally hated partially because its gaphics were crap by 2002 standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I just bought this after watching Season 5, willing to give it a go because whilst all the reviews note it's technical shortcomings, apparently it's got an excellent story that ties into Ice and Fire.

Also got the Telltale Game of Thrones on the Xb1, looking forward to that, if it's anything like their Walking Dead games it'll basically be an interactive new season!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

I played this on xbox. Its far from competing with something like skyrim and has little to offer unless you are a fan of the books/show. However I am both so I enjoyed it alot being in the world without it being a tie in game that rigidly follows the story to its detriment.
    Would recommend it to any fan of the books or show.

Advertisement