Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Offence [Channel 4] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

It's alright actually isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

It's nearer to reality than most cop shows. Idiots chasing idiots with half good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

The writers of Redrock could do with taking a few notes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Found it shít myself.. Have just turned it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭OldRio

Very good indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I liked it. Found the characters very plausible. Story was quite pacy (lost me a couple of times :o).

I'll certainly check out next weeks.

I liked it. Found the characters very plausible. Story was quite pacy (lost me a couple of times :o).

I'll certainly check out next weeks.

Yup, I know it got pitched as a comedy...anybody who knows real life coppers would find this lot closer to reality than the supermodel crimebusting sherlocks of CSI / SVU etc. Serial killers are not Moriarty and they're a bloody drain on the overtime budget.
    I hope Frank Gallagher does a cameo and my day will be made.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Although pitched as a comedy the launch interviews the cast have been giving the last few weeks have stated that there is a shock factor and some dark elements.

I liked it will be tuning in next week.

Although pitched as a comedy the launch interviews the cast have been giving the last few weeks have stated that there is a shock factor and some dark elements.

I liked it will be tuning in next week.

I think we ignored The Sopranos when it was first on 4 because they kind of pitched that as a comedy.

I like that the characters are human - warts an all.

The DI who is initially laughed at, knows her onions and has a big heart. I think as well that she may have made the sounder choice in selecting her new DS and going for the thoughtful but lacking in confidence .. - I could be proved badly wrong (I often am) :o

^ well she has a choice between quiet and bright or "drunkenly runs a man under a bus (then trots off)" as her exec officer. She was even mannerly enough to show our heroine why she made the choice. There's a reason Dirty Harry never rose through the ranks.:D

• Advertisement

Hummmm

Not so sure about last nights. They seem to try and compensate weaker characters with a bit moreaction.

The DI is now everyone's best friend.
    The DS who used to gabble questions at the beginning of the interview no longer does so, and has her sh1t together.
    Spike the sexist has found the tea towel
    and even Maclaren is one of the lads.

I'll check it out next week but its gone a bit samey :mad:

I'm still watching this and think its great! Bit of a shocking turn in last nights episode. Final one next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Did anyone watch the finale? What did
    Viv pass to Dinah when they were leaning over the body?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

She didn't pass her anything she
    put a strand of hair on the body so that if they found any of her DNA on the body it would make sense as she was at the crime scene - a bit stupid since they'd never be allowed contaminate a crime scene like that
    The show started off well but just got ridiculous. And what's with
    all the Irish characters being criminals!

I agree Xalot.

A lot of shows seemed to be like this. They start off really edgey, with something unusual, sometimes even unseen before, and then they settle down into the same old, same old.

I'm quite a few episodes behind and I'm not that bothered if I catch up or not.

I'm very rarely bothered about spoilers, since I rarely care where its going but I do enjoy the ride more. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I enjoyed it as a series, even if the ending could have been a bit better.

Has been renewed for a second series anyway. The acting and writing was pretty decent so I'm not surprised.

Dinah's Irish too by the way. It's not just the baddies.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just watched this. I really enjoyed it but the end
    was stupid and a complete cog of Broadchurch.
    Pity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

No Offence series 2 starts on Wednesday 4th January, 9pm, Channel 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

brian_t wrote: »
    No Offence series 2 starts on Wednesday 4th January, 9pm, Channel 4

Great news. I'm looking forward to seeing Elaine Cassidy again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

How are people finding this season? If I'm honest I'm struggling to get my head around the story line.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    How are people finding this season? If I'm honest I'm struggling to get my head around the story line.

Same here. I forgot a lot of season one and don't really understand this feud business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Just watched season 1 and caught up with 2 now - we love it. Its listed as a comedy drama - there are the odd funny bits but certainly wouldn't call it a comedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It starts on RTE2 Wednesday 31 May at 11.10pm

It will be back for 3rd season on Channel 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It will be back for 3rd season on Channel 4

I hope the 3rd season is more like the first. I couldn't get my head around the second season.

3rd series starts on Channel 4 on Thursday September 13th at 9pm

Advertisement