Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,186 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

BB sets out its stall in the pilot with teacher Walter talking about chemistry as the study of change which runs through the show's run. I'm not sure BCS has a similar moment in the pilot, can't remember. Anyone? Or perhaps it doesn't need to given the finale and Jimmy's arc.

I'm generally disinclined to compare the two shows, btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

BB sets out its stall in the pilot with teacher Walter talking about chemistry as the study of change which runs through the show's run. I'm not sure BCS has a similar moment in the pilot, can't remember. Anyone? Or perhaps it doesn't need to given the finale and Jimmy's arc.

It doesn't really need to because, like it or not, pretty much everyone who tuned in had prior knowledge of where Jimmy ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

This girl Heather does brilliant videos for Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and more, this is her brilliant take on Better Call Saul!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Is episode 10, the last episode of season 1, of BCS. I have just got through 10 episodes and feeling a little dissapointed if I will have to wait till next year for another season.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,011 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Jimmy had already changed to being a legitimate lawyer. If anything that season was about his realisation that he always was Slippin' Jimmy/Saul all along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Binge watched this Saturday and Sunday night and loved it. Not perfect and going by this thread everything has already been said, but I lapped it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

listening to the podcast because I forgot about it at the time, yes again the tension between 'we planned it all out' versus 'we make it up as we go along' think it was podcast 9 where they say that didn't realise till they were writing episode 7 after having shot some of the episodes already with michael mckean and seeing how prideful he was about the law, that they decided that it was him that blocked Saul from ever working at HHM not Hamlin. :/

this seems to me to be the pivotal moment in the show, I mean they could have had Hamlin think of Saul as always being a dodgey lawyer and refusing him a proper job in law, but the hurt from finding out it was his brother who thought that of him... thats what made the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

listening to the podcast because I forgot about it at the time, yes again the tension between 'we planned it all out' versus 'we make it up as we go along' think it was podcast 9 where they say that didn't realise till they were writting episode 7 after having shot some of the episodes already with michael mckean, seeing how prideful he as about the law, that it was him that blocked saul from ever working at HHM not Hamlin. :/

this seems to me to be the pivoltal moment in the show, I mean that could have had Hamlin think of Saul always being a dodgey lawyer and refusing him a proper job in law, but the hurt from finding out it his brother who thought that of him... thats what made the season.

James Joyce wrote over half of Ulysses without Molly Bloom and then went back and added her. I'm not making a direct comparison between the two pieces just a comparison between the method behind the art. Creativity works in mysterious ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    James Joyce wrote over half of Ulysses without Molly Bloom and then went back and added her. I'm not making a direct comparison between the two pieces just a comparison between the method behind the art. Creativity works in mysterious ways.

Agreed. Serendipity is a huge part of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I was watching the first episode of Better Call Saul on Netflix last night but fell asleep and when I went to look today, it's not there anymore. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,257 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 promo's

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Any idea when in 2016 it's going to start? Loved the first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Any idea when in 2016 it's going to start? Loved the first season.
    No official date, but it's still being classed as a mid-season show, so expect it in February.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Still available on Irish Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,770 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Thanks.

How weird. Nothing I'd like to see is available. I can only think that somehow mistakenly I'm on some weird minimal-choice region.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,257 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Better Call Saul returns on Monday Feb 15th at 10 p.m on AMC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So just over a month till season two premiers, canna wait.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭take everything

It seems like forever for this to come back. Can't wait. One of the few shows I've watched and thoroughly enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

'mon ta fcuk - 5 days to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Surprised there's been no mention of this, given that Season 2 will start back on Monday (15th).

Slippin Jimmy rides again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

This double post bug is a royal pain in the neck brace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭deandean

OK I am really looking forward to season 2 of Better Call Saul.

Release date tomorrow!

I wonder is this gonna be a drip feed or will the full season be released on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭Unearthly

deandean wrote: »
    OK I am really looking forward to season 2 of Better Call Saul.

Release date tomorrow!

I wonder is this gonna be a drip feed or will the full season be released on the day?

One episode a week as it's aired weekly in the States on AMC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Well Better call Saul is back,just watched first episode of S2,have to admit a bit disappointed with first episode of the season,since felt like there wasn't any development made,its great to see some characters from BRbad and few funny scenes but felt more like regular continuation after first season,thus felt a bit in reverse where s1 e1 had this punch to get you hooked then long delays into building characters,and second season is going in reverse way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well I thought it was excellent. Really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I guess until full season is aired,its hard to say what way it will be rated at the end,like with any other show,but going by episodes weekly and after such long wait,it was just slow opening for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Drip feed yay. No wasting away in front of one show on the laptop for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Enjoyed it but there is definitely more to come I feel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Just watched the first episode there. Bit of a slow opening I agree but hopefully as the season progresses there'll be more going on. High points were the tequila scam & the pharmacy guy in the Hummer - what a gob****e!

Advertisement