Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Partition gone missing.

Options
  • 22-09-2014 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hello Boards.
    I have moved/transferred a WD 3Gb Green HDD from my old PC to my new PC.
    It's a non system disc used for data storage. I have it partitioned into two partitions, a 1GB and a 2Gb partition. In 'My Computer' I can see the 2Gb partition and all the files on it, there's no sign of the 1Gb partition. In Computer Managment/Storage/Disc Management I can see the HDD and both partitions. The 1Gb partition shows up as 'Unallocated'. Can I recover the data from the unallocated partition or is it lost/corrupted?
    Thanks in advance for your advice.

Fazer6.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Maybe try some of the free disc/partition recovery programs out there? Good few mentioned here

I have used Recuva before for accidentally deleted photo's, it worked well.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

Hiya, This happened to me a while ago. Windows reformatted a external 1tb drive into a 102 gb drive. I reallocated the missing partition. Big mistake. Everything was deleted and a nightmare ensured recovering the data. some of which was recovered, a lot which was not. Be careful how you proceed.

Advertisement