Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does tog participate in CTF contests?

• 16-12-2012 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

I've been thinking lately about scraping the rust off my security skills and knowledge and was wondering if there exists any Irish teams working on CTF contests, perhaps part of tog?

I'd be keen to join one such collective, if it exists

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jester`

Sorry i missed your message in IRC today, I was at the OpenWRT workshop.

Some of us do participate in CTF's. In previous years members have taken part physicially in Ireland in HackEIRE and CampusCon, as well as other training (beginner) CTF events throughout the year.

Apart from that, a couple of us met up in TOG on one occasion ( plaidctf.com 2012 ) to play one of the many global CTF playable online. Sadly this didn't repeat but it is something we want to do more of. We just need to pull the finger out :)

It is on my new year resolutions list every year, I just don't always have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭gagomes

No problem Jester! I was thinking more in terms of the more well-organized and famous CTFs like defcon/blackhat/CCC. Though forming one such team outside of a security company, can be quite hard on the monetary side (i.e flight+accomodation expenses). In any case, I'd be keen to hear about/participate in any such activities :)

Advertisement