Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the Westbury area like to live in?

• 29-06-2014 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if I could get some information on what the Parteen area is like to live in. I took a spin out that way last weekend (around Westbury and Carraig Midhe) and it seemed nice, can anyone who knows the area well comment on any issues which may not be apparent to the casual observer, i.e does it have a crime problem or are there issues with refuse collection etc...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭wingnut

I grew up in Shannon Banks and have seen the place change over the years as I still have occasion to go back there.

There is a huge mix of people in all the estates there with some great people and few that are well, not so great, but you will get that most suburbs.

On plus you have the nice river walk on the Carraig Midhe/Shannon Banks side. You also have the Tesco express etc which wasn't there in 'my day'.

One thing you should be aware of its the summer now and secondary schools are finished but during term time the traffic in the Corbally road can be absolutely chronic depending on the time you need to leave for work. It was bad when I lived there before Carraig Midhe was built etc.

Even though I grew up there with no complaints I wouldn't live there now as I have a preference for country living.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Thanks Wingnut, I suspected travelling into and out of the city during high volume times to be a pain, thankfully I will be travelling in the opposite direction to the traffic so hopefully this will help (out of the city during the morning rush and back in during the afternoon rush).

If anyone else would like to share their two cents on the area please feel free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Orangepirate

Westbury is a large estate fully mostly of young families. My relative lives there and has no problems at all. She loves it. She tends to use the country way when traffic is heavy and she has to go into to town. Pattern school is a fab school and all in all it's not a bad side of town to live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭wingnut

Pattern school is a fab school
    are you talking about Pattern?

Advertisement