Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Haha I remember saying REALLY loudly when I was there that the bags were a rip-off :L in my defence I was only nine and hadn't learned to engage my brain before giving my opinion on something :L I am now beginning to see why the shop assistants were glaring at me...

Hahahaha gotta pretend you're rich when you're in BT!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Checking in. Bored to tears most days of the week. No work experience sorted (though I'm also considering a bit in local radio). But yeah, generally good summer.

Got the SENIOR uniform the other day though, kinda scary if anything, the thought of having 3 years clocked in.

Now will have the luxury of all first, second and third years nervously avoiding eye contact with a "black jumper":D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

JC results out September 10th.
    :D

I've not been doing much over the summer..staying up all night.
    I haven't even started looking for work experience yet. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Checking in. Bored to tears most days of the week. No work experience sorted (though I'm also considering a bit in local radio). But yeah, generally good summer.

Got the SENIOR uniform the other day though, kinda scary if anything, the thought of having 3 years clocked in.

Now will have the luxury of all first, second and third years nervously avoiding eye contact with a "black jumper":D
    Ye have a seniors uniform?! So lucky! We get no privileges as TYs- just the hatred of every other year in the school...:'( we don't even have an area like every other year does...

Ye have a seniors uniform?! So lucky! We get no privileges as TYs- just the hatred of every other year in the school...:'( we don't even have an area like every other year does...

I don't think TY's even get lockers in our school, which is annoying considering we still pay the "book and locker rental fee" like every other year.

Do TY's even have books as such?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

I don't think TY's even get lockers in our school, which is annoying considering we still pay the "book and locker rental fee" like every other year.

Do TY's even have books as such?

I have 3 books lol

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

I got no book list Ora anything all we were told is "bring 20euros in for your locker and journal" judging by these instructions it'll be a major doss year lolll :D Staying up late every night and my sleeping pattern is completely ruined, also binge watched tv shows such as OINTB and Gossip Girl, I need a life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Is this too late too be waking up? :P My sleeping schedule is soo messed up

Eims14 wrote: »
    Is this too late too be waking up? :P My sleeping schedule is soo messed up

I thought I had gone off the rails getting up at 9.30am the other day :D

In fairness im going to bed at 4.00am so if i.got up at 9.30 i wouldnt be able to.function :P

• Advertisement

Don't think I've seen 9.30 since the 13th of June

I got no book list Ora anything all we were told is "bring 20euros in for your locker and journal" judging by these instructions it'll be a major doss year lolll :D Staying up late every night and my sleeping pattern is completely ruined, also binge watched tv shows such as OINTB and Gossip Girl, I need a life :pac:

GOSSIP GIRL ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Xgracie wrote: »
    GOSSIP GIRL ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I binge watched it so much I got all 121 episodes done in 6 days...:pac: Chuck and Blair are just the best :D

I binge watched it so much I got all 121 episodes done in 6 days...:pac: Chuck and Blair are just the best :D

It took me like 2 weeks lol I cried so bad watching it omg they break my heart 💔

Ur soo lucky-im using my.sisters dvd collection.and half the.bloody dvds are gone :rolleyes:

Ur soo lucky-im using my.sisters dvd collection.and half the.bloody dvds are gone :rolleyes:

Watch series.it is a good website to watch the episodes!:D I watch it on my phone!

Watch it online :)

It took me like 2 weeks lol I cried so bad watching it omg they break my heart 💔

They got the ending the deserved so I'm delighted :D theyre just so cute together hahah :pac:

They got the ending the deserved so I'm delighted :D theyre just so cute together hahah :pac:

When is everyone's work experience? Mines not til' February

I'm soooooooo obsessed with GG so I get really emotional over it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

I`ve work experience the first week in December and then the first two weeks of March! I`m looking forward to TY but I was shocked to hear from a friend who did TY last year that the only book they had was for Maths!

I'm soooooooo obsessed with GG so I get really emotional over it :pac:

Same I finished it the other day but I keep rewatching my favourite moments :pac:

nanook5 wrote: »

Every Friday :pac:

Two weeks in November and two weeks the end of February/beginning of March.

Think my work experience will be in January! I don't have any books lol just bringing a pen in on the first day

Am I the only one here without any work experience arrangements?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

I don't even know when my work experience is so....

No lel

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Finally have both work experience and community care sorted (after emailing about 20 places).

Off to carlingford, the week before results. Is anyone nervous yet? I'm grand, but my friends are bricking it because they failed stuff. When is everyone back in? I'll be in on wednesday but our induction is on friday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

Back in Thursday week...pretty excited to get back and into TY :D

Advertisement