Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

the funniest bits of the wire

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

My favorite funny moment is a pretty sad & shocking one but still undoubtedly one of the funniest thing ever put on television.

Levy giving out to D'Angelo after D writes a letter to a victims family telling him to shut up, slapping him on the back of his head & telling him to "go, walk" as if D was just a dog who pooped in someones shoe.

5:53 - "shhhhhhuuuuut upppp"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Surprised nobody mentioned this either yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Rewatched the finale on Friday on Atlantic.

The opening scene where Carcetti has just been told about the "serial killer", the situation is very serious and stern. Camera pans over to Norman who is breaking his ass laughing at it. Gave me a good laugh anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gimmick wrote: »
    Rewatched the finale on Friday on Atlantic.

The opening scene where Carcetti has just been told about the "serial killer", the situation is very serious and stern. Camera pans over to Norman who is breaking his ass laughing at it. Gave me a good laugh anyway.

Norman was hilarious the whole way through. One of the funniest characters by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

I love the scene where they tell this criminal that a photocopier is a new type of lie detector. They have it preloaded with paper with true/false printed on it. they set the copy button going in reply to answers... The criminal caves in after a couple of questions... classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Shocked no one has mentioned this...FBI profile serial killer !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn0ylNZhOJI

Just watched this ep again last night... this gets my vote. Look on McNulty's face is priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

"hey mr. nuggett, you the bomb, we selling chicken faster than you can tear the bone out, so imma write my clownie ass name, on this fat ass check for you"

never ceases to make me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

most of Prop Joe's lines are brilliant, my favourite is the "y'all would be some cadaverous motherfcukers".

or Cheese telling the story about that chick who pulls a gun out of her knickers in one episode "bitch be pullin' a gun outta her pussy, that sh1t be unseemly yo"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Cheese - You know who got the fattest asses and the best pussy?
    Slim - Who that?
    Cheese - Midgets, nígger.

McNulty - It's just you, me, my partner and... what'd you say your name was?
    Bodie - I ain't say shít.
    McNulty - Just me, you, my partner and Mr. shít here.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

because he does have a disturbingly funny walk

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

The Bunk is a strictly suit and tie mother****er

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

The "Desk" scene in the squad room. Brilliant. (Tried to post the clip from Youtube but it wouldn't work for me.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I actually laughed out loud during Season 5 in the scene where Bunk and McNulty bring Lester into an interrogation room and tell him the truth about McNulty's serial Killer.
    Bunk is delighted to see Freeman initially start to scold McNulty until he realises that Freeman actually agrees with the premise of his actions but simply disagrees on the execution. Bunks expression as Freeman starts advising McNulty on how better to sensationalise the murders is basically "I cannot believe wtf is happening-Am I the only sane person here?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If someone could post up the scene where Rawls has just dumped the 13 bodies on another colonel and goes to get him coffee please post it up, cant find it :)

"That man is a God!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Namond: Bunny?
    Colvin: Only my friends call me Bunny.
    Namond: Yeah, but why?
    Colvin: You don't need to know. And if you tell anybody, I'll cut your balls off.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

trashcan wrote: »
    The "Desk" scene in the squad room. Brilliant. (Tried to post the clip from Youtube but it wouldn't work for me.)

Lester watching quietly just makes the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭LMK

The guy Bernard who was tasked with buying "burners" when he eventually gets arrested his relief at finally escaping his nagging girlfriend Squeak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

LMK wrote: »
    The guy Bernard who was tasked with buying "burners" when he eventually gets arrested his relief at finally escaping his nagging girlfriend Squeak

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

V8JOPcah.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

That is brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

The scene early on when they're getting briefed in the basement and there's all yelling and contruction work going on in the next room.

Cracked me up on a rewatch, it's amusing how shambolic the unit was in the first few episodes. :D

When McNulty asks the two fat cops to go down town to some department and search for a photo of Avon. They tell him to go f**k himself to which he responds by offering them a **** load of paperwork or something along that line so they then agree. Kima says 'Well that was impressive' and McNulty responds 'Well Im a leader of men' :D:D

McNulty getting the two children to tag Stringer was funny too.

• Advertisement

tumblr_lqkpcc1Gsr1qiguseo1_1280.jpg

Advertisement