Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boost leak test

• 09-09-2014 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Mk5 gti. I'm pretty sure a hose popped a while back and it's not immediately obvious from my visual inspection from above/below.

Would a VW main dealer do this for me? If not can anyone recommend somewhere? Or a hose connection that I may have missed?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

They don't usually suffer from boost leaks.

What are the symptoms?

Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

I heard a little pop about a year ago when I pulled out of a lay-by.
    I just want to check if it's all sweet.
    The DV isn't torn. I have vcds so probably need to do a few live logs for requested/ actual boost.

In Dublin west. Should I take a spin to Portlaoise? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

If a boost hose had come off you would almost certainly be experiencing running issues and/or logging fault codes.

A smoke test will verify of course but I would say you have nothing to worry about.

Advertisement