Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Life Sciences Designer sought

• 21-06-2009 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for recommendations for a web designer with life sciences / medical diagnostic experience; either freelancer or company - portfolio, reputation and cost (i.e. the usual) will be the deciding factors.

The plan is to design a 'brochure' site, reusing available templates and CMS, with a couple forms (CV upload and queries). I'm sure many reputed designers could deliver, but I haven't come across many targeting the medical field locally.

The main consideration is on branding and quality. It is a medical diagnostics startup so I need the soft caring medical branding, that is crisp and professional. As am in startup phase, content isn't abuntant yet so I need to supplement with diagnostic graphics. I am commissioning a 3d product animation, which will be the centrepiece of the site.

Any pointers would be gratefully received. Am based in Cork. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sadly, its against the forum charter regarding solicitating work on this forum.

Therefore, all I can advise is to look through Google for different web design company's. Always look at their portfolio (personally suggest good quality designers, rather then just average - better value for money), experience, testimonials and if they develop according to the various standards which will help your website in terms of Search Engines and Usability.

Money is obviously a factor in every case, but I would always recommend considering the value of money in terms of what the designers can actually offer you all around - quality design and development, as I mentioned above. It may cost a little more but it will be well worth it in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Isn't adverts.ie exactly for this type of query?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭jerryob

Sorry Sully. I should have known better. I haven't got a website developed before, so thanks for your words of wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Hoku wrote: »
    Isn't adverts.ie exactly for this type of query?
    Not really. adverts is really only for students and people with no money. You're not going to find any professionals on there.

There was a discussion awhile back about the rules on this forum and I think there's some consideration about what way it'll go. I'd like to be able to recommend people on here, because otherwise people will end up with cowboys because they don't know where to go.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

p wrote: »
    Not really. adverts is really only for students and people with no money. You're not going to find any professionals on there.

Agreed. I originally used it but found it was mostly people looking for quick, cheap and dirty which consisted of students/cheap freelancers doing the work based on their ads.
    There was a discussion awhile back about the rules on this forum and I think there's some consideration about what way it'll go. I'd like to be able to recommend people on here, because otherwise people will end up with cowboys because they don't know where to go.

Considering members were shilling each other in the past (eg I recommend you, you come in and recommend me), its best to leave the ban in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Maybe these guys could help http://www.sciencepicturecompany.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm closing this for reasons already stated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement