Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fun way to Learn UML?

• 13-04-2007 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Dont' get me wrong I know it is vital and all in industry and will be of great help when i finally get to learn it properly but My god what a boring topic.
    I can't stand it, any time I hear Use Case, Class Diagram i get shivers down my spine.

I think it is just my lecturer at college - She is the most boring thing i've ever seen. She just reads out notes and notes that she downloaded from internet not explaining a thing. What doesn't help either is one day she could be talking about use cases's and then she hops onto another topic making us all confused.

I am doing extremly well in all other subjects but this one - I jsut can't stand, neither can the rest of the class.

My question is - is there any way that you can learn UML without being bored to bits?

Again I not slagging UML off here or anything as I know how important it is.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Webmonkey wrote:
    Dont' get me wrong I know it is vital and all in industry and will be of great help when i finally get to learn it properly but My god what a boring topic.
    I can't stand it, any time I hear Use Case, Class Diagram i get shivers down my spine.

I think it is just my lecturer at college - She is the most boring thing i've ever seen. She just reads out notes and notes that she downloaded from internet not explaining a thing. What doesn't help either is one day she could be talking about use cases's and then she hops onto another topic making us all confused.

I am doing extremly well in all other subjects but this one - I jsut can't stand, neither can the rest of the class.

My question is - is there any way that you can learn UML without being bored to bits?

Again I not slagging UML off here or anything as I know how important it is.

Thanks.

Apply it to some project that you are working on and marvel at the results. Hands on is always the best way!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

jester77 wrote:
    Apply it to some project that you are working on and marvel at the results. Hands on is always the best way!
    You know you probably are right. Pity got nothing major at moment but definetely something coming up on the summer. Will give it a try then.

Advertisement