Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga classes in Athlone

• 15-07-2014 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi folks, wondering if anybody knows much about yoga classes in Athlone town? Doctor has recommended it for back problems so I'm trying to find out more information. So far Google searches haven't helped much...

Mainly need to know location, price, if it's a good class in terms of being friendly and helpful to beginners, and who/where to contact.

I know about Bikram already and have seen a few flyers posted about town but can't remember where they were - Sod's Law, they were everywhere when I didn't want them. :p

Thanks a million!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I did the Bikram Yoga Athlone. Its out the tuam road about 2 minutes drive from the monksland dual carriage way exit.

It wasn't for me. Way too long from getting there, getting ready, doing the class and showering, and getting home. You are probably talking 2+ hours every evening, which was not sustainable for me.
    The website is http://bikramyogaathlone.com

To be fair I found the girl giving the classes gave me a fair bit of attention, so would be grand for beginners, but saying that I over stretched myself in the first class and was awful stiff for a few weeks. But that was just me been silly and pushing myself too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 catbradleyyoga

I attended my first ever Bikram class last week in Athlone, and i found it good, not something i would do full time, but i could see how easy it is to push yourself in a class, especially if youre doing any sort of Yoga for a while. Bikram is not for the faint hearted but i think if you took your time you would feel the benfits on your back and just advise the instructors of your injuriy.
    I know there is Pilates in Athlone which may help also, i cant remember the name but i think it was Alison Hogan? I just did a quick google search and foudn her facebook page. Best of luck!

Advertisement