Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hatha yoga Dublin City Centre

• 28-11-2011 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Looking for a good hatha yoga class in Dublin city centre that doesn't cost the earth - would like to sign up for few weeks as if it's a pay as you go thing I'll prob not show but any info is greatly appreciated!!

There used to be a class in the Lucan lesuire centre (talking about 10 years ago) the teacher was absolutely amazing - I'm convinced I was taller walking outfrom those classes!! If I could find her I'd defo go to her class - just need something to help with breathing (for panic attacks) and posture (neck & shoulders is where I carry most of my tension) - if there is a more suitable type of yoga please let me know.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mysorestyle

If you want to improve breath control then I would recommend you to try Ashtanga yoga. If you're only looking for city centre classes then Nikki Cousins in Samadhi yoga studio in Cow's lane temple bar is the teacher I would recommend. Their website is samadhi.ie. We run some classes in Greystones but that's no use to you of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I go to a hatha flow class on South William Street, and find the tutor amazing. Her website, with her schedule can be found at:

http://www.yogaireland.ie/book.html

I have also attended a couple of classes with, and found her fab as well:

http://www.hushyoga.com/classes/

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

You could also try here.
    http://www.seraph.ie/index.php?page=summary

There are early morning, lunchtime and evening courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

Open Mind Yoga on Pearse St. €12 drop-in. Sometimes it's packed and uncomfortable and sometimes the same class has hardly anybody. The same teachers teach all over the place...

I've never been to Lotus Yoga on Wicklow St but you can sign up for a course there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 YogaPam

Paula McGrath teaches Tuesday lunch time at Trinity College, €10 drop-in. Her website is dublincityyoga.com. I've only been once to this class, though I know Paula for years - her shadow yoga is lovely, great for strength and hip openers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

^+1

This is the class I attend. Its not usually too packed and there is plenty of space. I really enjoy my weekly stretch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jessi_Evans

I would recommend yoga classes in Dublin. Check them out, hope that helps

Jessi ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

If you want to improve breath control then I would recommend you to try Ashtanga yoga. If you're only looking for city centre classes then Nikki Cousins in Samadhi yoga studio in Cow's lane temple bar is the teacher I would recommend. Their website is samadhi.ie. We run some classes in Greystones but that's no use to you of course

this place is literally 2 mins from my office - thanks for the advice I'll check them out - bought a dvd on amazon arrived yesterday so going to do some at home while I'm awaiting to get paid again!

thanks for all the replies! :):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonzo_k

There are also early morning Mysore style classes in Samadhi, Cows Lane. The 6am start does not suit everybody, however it is an excellent way to learn Ashtanga yoga yoga. These classes are taught by Gillian Mooney, who I highly recommend.

Advertisement