Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marvel's Ant-Man

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Galvasean wrote: »
    Good God Robot Chicken has fallen from grace...

I thought that was amazing. Whats wrong with me? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 84,905 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd the frontrunners Source

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd the frontrunners Source

Both excellent choices imo. Would prefer JGL out of the two though probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Not a fan of either of those as Pym. I would much prefer Kyle Chandler or Nathan Fillion for the role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

If I recollect correctly Wright isn't using Pym as the primary focus, moreso as a kind of a mentor for a protege. I'm guessing JGL and Rudd would be playing the protege.

As an aside, I'd prefer Rudd as I'm just so damn curious to see how he'd get on in the Marvel Universe.

That being said, I'm pretty sure JGL was linked with Doctor Strange recently, so it's not impossible that both men will have roles in Phase 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Rudd in Marvel would be very interesting.

Hope he gets the role so he can show up at Conan again and show the 'world exclusive first look trailer' again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If I recollect correctly Wright isn't using Pym as the primary focus, moreso as a kind of a mentor for a protege. I'm guessing JGL and Rudd would be playing the protege.

If they are going that way I would have preferred Rudd in the Scott Lang role.

Paul Rudd all but confirmed in the lead role apparently.

Rashida Jones also strongly rumoured. Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Douglas does the charming dickhead schtick well, he'll be a good Pym.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

gotta admit, didnt see THAT coming !

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Interesting quote in the /Film piece.
    Going back many years, to when Wright was putting together Scott Pilgrim, there’s a comment from the director about how he then planned to incorporate both Pym and Lang into the story.
    …what we want to do, the idea that we have for the adaptation is to actually involve both. Is to have a film that basically is about Henry Pym and Scott Lang, so you actually do a prologue where you see Pym as Ant-Man in action in the 60′s, in sort of “Tales to Astonish” mode basically, and then the contemporary, sort of flash-forward, is Scott Lang’s story, and how he comes to acquire the suit, how he crosses paths with Henry Pym, and then, in an interesting sort of Machiavellian way, teams up with him. So it’s like an interesting thing, like the “Marvel Premiere” one that I read which is Scott Lang’s origin, it’s very brief like a lot of those origin comics are, and in a way, the details that are skipped through in the panels and the kind of thing we’d spend half an hour on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Always been a fan of Douglas and this could be an inspired piece of casting. Movie is shaping up nicely now

It will be released now on 17th of July 2015 (in MOS's sequel first proposed released date)

According to Variety both Patrick Wilson and Evangeline Lilly are in talks to join

Edgar Wright is out - Source Variety

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well.. that's that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Wow, that's a huge blow for Marvel given they've received a lot of slack over their choice of unknown directors "so they can have control"

Disappointed for Wright, he's been attached to the project since '06 and I had high hopes as his style really suits comic books

All that said I was prepared to come out of this thinking "OK Edgar, maybe mix up your style a bit"

Really disappointed with this. Apparently over the usual 'difference in their vision of the film' spiel.

Marvel already have a director lined up too.

Not half as looking forward to this now as I was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

That's really disappointing. I mean, Wright was pretty much the driving force behind getting an Ant-Man movie even greenlit. He spent 8 years working on this!

I wonder if it will be Cornish taking over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Also disappointed by this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Very disappointing, Wright's involvement was the only thing keeping my interest in this movie

Gotta say this news has me pretty bummed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Joss Whedon's response was to Tweet a pic of himself with a Cornetto of solidarity;

the-cornetto-of-solidarity.jpg?9098e0

Dair. wrote: »
    Joss Whedon's response was to Tweet a pic of himself with a Cornetto of solidarity;

the-cornetto-of-solidarity.jpg?9098e0

Are you sure he's not just doing his best Statue of Liberty impression

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ok now what else has edgar wright been planning

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Planemo wrote: »

I love how the writer alleviates our fear by debunking the rumours that he was fired and then describes a scenario whereby Marvels heads completely shat all over Wright and Cornish, because that sounds so much better :D

If this is true, it is extremely worrying, especially given reports that Goddard has also left Daredevil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The post above is right Drew Goddard has walked out as show runner on the Daredevil show for Netflix as well.

Trouble in the house of Marvel I wonder.

LINK

Advertisement