Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Mobile Unlimited Calls Texts 5GB Data €20 per Month

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

yoozername wrote: »
    Does anyone know what this means?

Top up €15 or more in one go:
    UNLIMITED Calls to All Mobiles & Landlines
    FREE Tesco Mobile to Tesco Mobile calls & texts, 250 Free webtexts
    Keep your €15 credit – Spend on added value add ons.

From here:
    www tescomobile ie / priceplans / pay-as-you-go-plans.aspx

What's the difference between UNLIMITED and FREE, in this context? Quite confusing, because I just topped up by €15 but I was charged 13c for a 10 sec call to a landline, hmm....

Are you on an older plan, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭dixiedan

From here:

What's the difference between UNLIMITED and FREE, in this context? Quite confusing, because I just topped up by €15 but I was charged 13c for a 10 sec call to a landline, hmm....

You should text JOIN TALK to 1744 and then top up by the 15 euro. I was caught out by this too a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Thinking of leaving Tesco, mobile, i was in Wexford for the weekend and once outside any town zero coverage, was in blackwater and screen and nothing, no internet for 3 day ��.

I had a similiar issue last month. Rang customer service on friends phone. Was told there are no issues etc. And more than likely my phone my sim was at fault.

Ofter times internet is not available even when there is a good phone signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

deckie27 wrote: »
    I had a similiar issue last month. Rang customer service on friends phone. Was told there are no issues etc. And more than likely my phone my sim was at fault.

Ofter times internet is not available even when there is a good phone signal.

Tesco are on the 02 network who are now owned by three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sweetsugar

From here:

Did you do this?
    If you wish to change your plan to Unlimited Talk, just text ‘JOIN TALK’ to 1744, and top up to activate.
    Check your tescomobile account and it should show Unlimited Talk.

My husband is on this plan and is thrilled with it. Unlimited calls is 10,000 mins per month to and when the month is up, he still has his 15e credit to use which could last him another 2 weeks. He doesn't text so this works well. We hardly use the landline now
    He used to be with Vodafone and it was costing him alot just for so many mins.

• Advertisement

Also you can check your history of phone calls in your tescomobile account.
    With Vodafone, you couldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yoozername

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm now getting charged for texts to other networks, but not calls to landlines or other networks, which, I guess is right according to that ad.

I still don't really know what they mean by UMLIMITED and FREE though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm now getting charged for texts to other networks, but not calls to landlines or other networks, which, I guess is right according to that ad.

I suspect it's just updated from 300 minutes (or whatever) with FREE Tesco to Tesco calls.

Yes, that's right

For unlimited and free, l say it because you can make unlimited call which is 10,000 mins which really cost nothing per mins so its free (even though you are paying 15e) plus free text to other tesco mobile. Other network would charge you so much per mins for 10,000 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

So just to be clear.

If I top-up by €15 I get free calls to mobiles and landlines for the month. If i use €5 for data add-on I have €10 remaining. Does that €10 balance carry over to the following month even if I don’t top-up the following month?

Thanks

• Advertisement

AleoN wrote: »
    So just to be clear.

If I top-up by €15 I get free calls to mobiles and landlines for the month. If i use €5 for data add-on I have €10 remaining. Does that €10 balance carry over to the following month even if I don’t top-up the following month?

Thanks

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

dixiedan wrote: »
    You should text JOIN TALK to 1744 and then top up by the 15 euro. I was caught out by this too a while ago.

It might take some time to activate, check your online account or set one up if you dont have one yet, as its handy for sending webtexts (well I find it handier) and for checking your account too.
    Im not sure if opting in is required before topping up or vica versa.

Also, if you opt into the plan, which I think is a very good plan I think, realise you will move out of you existing plan with them.
    I considered the €15 unlimited plan except Im on a triple credit plan, where I can top up with a minimum of 10 euro and with that and my bonus credit, get what I need in the way of my data, tesco to tesco, webtexts, international, and non tesco local landlines and mobiles all from my bundle.
    If I was on the double credit, Id have moved to the unlimited plan.

edit, I didnt suggest ringing tesco customer care although usually its possible to get through to them quickly, but it will cost you a flat rate of 20c for the call, Id first look into the T&C of the unlimited on how to activate it, set up/log into your online account and see what it says, if that doesnt sort it then Id call customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RealExpert

kneemos wrote: »
    Unlimited data.
    Free weekend calls.
    Free texts.
    Free Skype.
    Free three to three.
    10 Euro back.
    With €20 top up with three.It's a toss up between them.

I wouldnt go near three with a ten foot pole, too many complaints abt their service

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

how is tesco internet on the phone ? Is it good enough for skype/viber ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

RealExpert wrote: »
    I wouldnt go near three with a ten foot pole, too many complaints abt their service

I'm with them three years. Never a bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

leo2a6 wrote: »

Ive used skype for a call and it worked fine, but I have so much use from credit that I only did that to test it.
    Maybe test it and see, you can get a tesco SIM and trial it yourself if you have an unlocked phone, just get a PAYG and top up to whatever you want, if you dont like it you dont have to stay.

leo2a6 wrote: »

If internet is working generally its good.

Advertisement