Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where can you buy wheel bolts for alloys in Ireland?

Options
  • 24-10-2014 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Just received my wheel-tyre package from Wheelbase Alloys and the f*cking dicks sent nuts instead of studs.

They have been a total nightmare to deal with so I was wondering is there any outlets in Dublin/Limerick/Cork/Galway(preferable) that you can buy wheels bolts for alloy wheels?

The tread on the tyres is just below 3mm so I am in a hurry to get the new tyres fitted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Seeing as they advertise a 'full fitting kit' (which shows a picture of Studs) underneath each particular Wheel I'd be getting back to them.
    They appear to operate on Saturdays so you should be able to contact them.
    Have you, or anyone you know, got free UK minutes on their L/line or Mobile ?
    Ringing them should get you a better response than an Email.
    As they didn't supply what you paid for you could always suggest a chargeback on your credit card. Might spur them on a bit.
    If they offer to post them you would be better off using Parcel Motel, would shave a couple of days off the delivery.

Other than that you are realistically looking at trawling through Scrapyards tomorrow to find the studs....and most won't be interested for such a small request.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

These guys are total assh*les. I was on the phone to them about 5 times to find out where my order was at. The order took over two weeks with no end of excuses and they only shipped after I threatened to open a paypal dispute to get my money back. It would probably take 2-3 weeks if they would actually send them and based on my experience the probably wont bother their arse, so I think I just have to suck it up and buy a set.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Believe it or not, but I found Halfords reasonable for small things like that.
    Once needed a bolt to hold on a brake caliper (lost a bolt in the middle of the road and was stranded), went to every garage and motor factors, even main Ford dealer in Limerick, just got "Ah jaysus, nobody ever asked us for that, you wouldn't get that anywhere now, at all at all!".
    Went to Halfords "yes, every bolt you could possibly want and you say you are stranded round the corner? Take all the tools you need, just bring them back again afterwards"
    Compared to the guy behind the counter at Ford (not Sheil's, they are actually helpful and good) nearly fell off his chair in boredom and indifference, it was a welcome change.
    A smaller garage also offered help, there was a bin with lots of bolts and I could just take a handful, would have just about worked, but none quite fitted, but the gesture was very much appreciated.

Thanks, but Halfords only sell the locking bolt sets. Hoping to get a set of wheel bolts and look to get a proper set of locking wheel bolts at at later stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

Would a main dealer not have them,i got bolts before from a Toyota dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 GreenwayM

I am afraid that I don't have the answer to your Question but, I am new to boards.ie and wanted to ask a Question . .

I bought a car with alloys there in May and I think that tyre pressure on two of the wheels seem to drop a bit . . .

Got them checked in garage and was told no slow punctures etc, but mechanice told me "this happens with alloys"

Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

Your alloys may be buckled,happened me with a laguna and had to get the 4 straightened.

ofcork wrote: »
    Would a main dealer not have them,i got bolts before from a Toyota dealer.

Unfortunately, original Toyota alloy wheel bolts have a flat washer as well as the taper and are suitable for original alloys only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Ebay.co.uk + Parcel Motel
    ?????
    Profit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Any good tyre place should have what you are looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Anywhere that sells alloys should have most types of wheels studs.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

I had a nightmare finding bolts for my alloys and the guys at route 66 in ballymount were brilliant for them.

http://www.route66dublin.ie/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Pro Parts in Coolmine, Dublin 15 sell these. I recently replaced my full set with them. €25 iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

What Toyota do you have that takes bolts instead of nuts?

Advertisement