Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice re appealing an incorrect result from CPA

• 10-10-2014 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ascuteasabutton

I am in the same boat I got 3 out of 4 in P2. I got 2 marks in 2 questions which has me baffled aswell becauseI knew the exam was probably the hardest i've sat but I definitely thought on those 2 questions I would have gotten more than 2 marks, theres no way I could have been that off the mark.

Can I ask what exam mine was Advanced Taxation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Given that your marks were outliers I imagine they have already been double checked already. But I expect that unless you pay the fee and get it checked you'll never have peace of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

I don't know about CPA, but with most exam bodies, they'll refund whatever recheck fee you pay. As they're essentially admitting it was marked wrong in the first place. I agree it's very odd you'd receive no marks on questions in your "best" subject, would certainly be following up if I were you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Baby4 wrote: »

Well you know everyone makes mistakes, but questions scoring zero should definitely have raised a red flag....

Advertisement