Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Sounds like farming country. Never herd of it! :pac:

500px-Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

You love that feckin pic/meme :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

YbFocus wrote: »
    You love that feckin pic/meme :)

It's up there! :P might be nice and throw a picture up tomorrow of one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

vectra wrote: »
    No,
    But unfortunatley the red e46 got Killed in an accident :(
    Ah crap. Sorry to hear that - but glad he's ok. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Never took a pic of all 3 together. At least all the bulbs work anyway ;) Trying to find the space was the biggest task :P

14ilro0.png

2qx82me.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ughh my eyes I can't see with all the glare from the foglights :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Hal1 wrote: »
    Ughh my eyes I can't see with all the glare from the foglights :D.

They're only used in fog, I swear :rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

My new car dirt and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D16TURBO

davycc wrote: »
    My new car dirt and all

I always liked that colour on these. I think there was a lad over in the detailing forum who did a paint correction on the same colour. It really came up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

great colour, It looks in much better condition than you described.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads I think the colour is cosmos blue...love it big time.. I was probably being too critical considering only wash my car every 6 months or so and can't be arsed the rest of the time lol

• I find myself pressing the button on the fob that turns the parking lights on in my car every time I walk past my window since I fitted my new bulbs. I'm like a child with a new toy

Never could understand why Toyota colour-coded the badges on the back of those MR2's to the point where they're virtually invisible from any distance. Its a GTI - it should be proud of it not trying to hide it!

I prefer it colour coded looks nice and subtle lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

My gtv parked beside a 159 estate at loftus hall yesterday. It was sparkling when I left dublin so I'm blaming the road from leighlinbridge to new Ross that has lots of fun twisty sections. :D

326524.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

The latest sh1tbox... in a long line of sh1tboxes :pac:

IMG_4908paint.jpg

2.5 Cheensbo?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

7_zpsa33aaca1.jpg~original

Took the 740 on it's first long distance trip, covered about 650km to Galway and back. Very comfortable and more refined than my last E38. All three passengers loved it, with more arguments about the who sits in the back than the front!

25.9 MPG was a little worse than expected but wasn't hanging around either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Took the 740 on it's first long distance trip, covered about 650km to Galway and back. Very comfortable and more refined than my last E38. All three passengers loved it, with more arguments about the who sits in the back than the front!

25.9 MPG was a little worse than expected but wasn't hanging around either.

Did you get the engine fixed? If I remember correctly you got problems after you bought it.

Yup all the valve stem seals were replaced under warranty, no smoking or rough idle any more, running 100%. It still burns a little oil I reckon, i've topped it up about 500ml in 6 months driving which is fine.

• Advertisement

That's good at least you didn't have to pay for it. Bit annoying if you bought privately and then two weeks later it started causing problems that you would have to fix out of your own pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Top Dog wrote: »
    2.5 Cheensbo?

Yep, 4d56 turbo intercooled.

Not as quick as the v6 one at all :pac:

Pretty fresh for a 22 year old truck though, went in and out of a few bogholes today without any bother :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I was only talking about your 7er awhile ago Voodoo, and I was thinking I hadn't seen it in awhile!

I've another project sucking all my time and money at the moment so car is on the backburner for a while! Would still love to get a B7 look to the car with the front splitter, spoiler, wheels and high gloss trim but can't justify it at the moment.

Kawa did it to his 760i, looks fantastic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXFCeUSl2CI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Voodoomelon, what are those little silver things on the steering wheel?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Paddle shift gear selector buttons I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They look like heart rate monitors!

The two silver ones on the front are for shifting down and another two on the rear for shifting up.

They do look like heart rate menitors or some touch sensitive buttons. But I'd say they are solid buttons just silver.

As useful as an iron lifejacket too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

In its natural habitat

IMG_20141029_120814_zpsl0xdijl0.jpg

After it got the cooling redone

IMG_20141029_140929_zpssl8spgvm.jpg

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement