Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Couple of questions regarding dole

Options
  • 25-05-2011 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

Hi im first time on the dole. Well just applied for jobseeker's benefit as I have enough credits. I was told i should get a letter within the next 7 to 10 days. Does this mean that I will get the first dole payment next week also?

I have asked them also about changing addresses and they were saying it isn't a problem, just to let them know when i move and bring in proof of address. How do i get proof of address quick enough or will they wait until my broadband bill arrives? Or would it be easier to get something sorted before the broadband bill arrives and rinf them up to change address?

While im changing addresses, I obviously want a post office that is closer. Can that be changed also?

Does anyone know anything about the BTEA (back to education allowance). I just finished a year long PLC, level 5 course and I have the option to progress to a level 6, in a PLC, in september. I have been reading up on the BTEA, and it says i should be getting the JB for 78 days. Have also read that sundays aren't counted.
    My question is, how do they count my days. Is it from now or when I get the letter and first payment? If its from now, the 78th day is on the 24th of Aug or if its from next week it will be the very end of august or it might be early september. Should this be enough?

Sorry for all the questions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Granger13

Hi im first time on the dole. Well just applied for jobseeker's benefit as I have enough credits. I was told i should get a letter within the next 7 to 10 days. Does this mean that I will get the first dole payment next week also?

I have asked them also about changing addresses and they were saying it isn't a problem, just to let them know when i move and bring in proof of address. How do i get proof of address quick enough or will they wait until my broadband bill arrives? Or would it be easier to get something sorted before the broadband bill arrives and rinf them up to change address?

While im changing addresses, I obviously want a post office that is closer. Can that be changed also?

Does anyone know anything about the BTEA (back to education allowance). I just finished a year long PLC, level 5 course and I have the option to progress to a level 6, in a PLC, in september. I have been reading up on the BTEA, and it says i should be getting the JB for 78 days. Have also read that sundays aren't counted.
    My question is, how do they count my days. Is it from now or when I get the letter and first payment? If its from now, the 78th day is on the 24th of Aug or if its from next week it will be the very end of august or it might be early september. Should this be enough?

Sorry for all the questions.

The letter may be just confirmation of your payment, if the payment is available next week then it should state so and also state when your next signing date is. You can get proof of address, from a bill or a letter from the landlord (if renting) to state that you are now living in the household or a tenant. This should be sufficent enough. You should choose a post office that is close to your location, sometimes the SW will tell you which one is for your area. This should be no problem in changing as you have not yet received your payment. If your payment takes longer than expected, you can attend your Local Community Welfare Officer and apply for a Supplementary payment untill you receive your JB.

The BTEA has two options Second level and third level, PLC are covered under the second level option, to qualify for this you must be 21 or over getting a qualify payment for at least 3 months,(18 if in receipt of disabilty payment or out of formal education for two years) JB would be a qualifying payment. This payment is paid for the academic year and ceases during the summer months. You can work part time or casualy with out it affecting your BTEA payment as long as you still attend your full time course.

Advertisement