Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crystal meth

1789101113»

Comments

You really need to learn to think for yourself.

Conversely many folk who try drugs do so due to peer pressure, I always thought for myself thank you very much. Just because I agree drugs should be illegal it doesn't mean that I can't think for myself.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I wouldn't drink alcohol in those places either. Responsible drug use means doing it in your free time and in an appropriate place as people do with alcohol.

Where is appropriate for drug use so, keeping in mind it's not wrong apparently according to the other chap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

RoverJames wrote: »
    Where is appropriate for drug use so, keeping in mind it's not wrong apparently according to the other chap.

Why should their any problem taking a recreational drug at home?
    Or is that wrong too?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Just because I agree drugs should be illegal it doesn't mean that I can't think for myself.
    Yes but if your planning on ruining other peoples life experience you'd better have a very good reason for doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

If you were spouting the gibberish on here irl then yes i would. Someone needs to set you straight.

Well if you spoke to me like that in person I'd punch the head off you and gladly suffer the consequences.

Yeah you're all talk old man. Nice hypocritical stance though, you're all high and mighty when it comes to people smoking a J, but you'd resort to violence when your under developed points on drug laws are torn to pieces and someone is mean to you on the internet.

Go back to bed ya saddo.

• Advertisement

Private residence or a specific establishment along the lines of what they have in the Netherlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Crystal meth or 'P' is massive in US and a serious problem in New Zealand but I never hear anything about it on boards.

Has it hit down there yet or whats the story.

Cheers

Heisenberg hasnt made it quite that far yet.

Yeah you're all talk old man. Nice hypocritical stance though, you're all high and mighty when it comes to people smoking a J, but you'd resort to violence when your under developed points on drug laws are torn to pieces and someone is mean to you on the internet.

Go back to bed ya saddo.

No if you called me thick, said I had a tiny brain repeatedly and refused to be polite after repeated nudges to than you'd get your head smacked off if you spoke to me like that in person :)

In person - the internet, not the same ;)

which is why I firmly believe in real life you wouldn't be as you are on here, you wouldn't last till lunchtime :)

Go back to bed ya saddo.

No if you called me thick, said I had a tiny brain repeatedly and refused to be polite after repeated nudges to than you'd get your head smacked off if you spoke to me like that in person :)

In person - the internet, not the same ;)

which is why I firmly believe in real life you wouldn't be as you are on here, you wouldn't last till lunchtime :)

What a contrived load of nonsense. Face it, you're so easily wound up you actually went to the effort of threatening violence to some randomer on the net.

Maybe you should get out more? This internet business isn't for the faint hearted or lily livered.

What a contrived load of nonsense. Face it, you're so easily wound up you actually went to the effort of threatening violence to some randomer on the net.................

You've posted about 8 insults towards me without provocation and you reckon I'm easily wound up.

I'd like to mention, I have never threatened you either ;)
    No need to be scared :P

Have a spliff there and relax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Imagine you replaced all the junkies in dublin with meth heads. God that would be terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Would a stint in jail for use of copious amounts of MDMA and weed at a party not deter these folk a tad?
    No, I don't think so. People don't really think they'll be caught, they wouldn't take drugs if they did, and the risk of running foul of the law in a home or in a club where drug use is widespread is low. Folks like me are afraid of ending up in court - it happened to me many years ago due to an incident involving the ubiquitous legal drug that comes in liquid form, and I certainly wouldn't like it to happen again - but it serves as no deterrent. As it is, the penalties for MDMA possession are more severe than with weed and a criminal conviction is more likely.

Again, it is the morality of what you're proposing that's getting to me, suggesting measures that would ruin the lives of decent people for taking a substance that does not present a significant threat to society as a whole. The punishment should not outweigh the crime.
    Personally I am all for the current laws, I think they should be more strictly enforced though.

I'm all for democracy, I'm also all for playing by the rules.
    Not to directly compare the plight of homosexuals in the past to drug users of today, but do you think gays living pre-90's should have fastened their chastity belts because there was an extant law that forbade them to express their physical love to members of their preferred sex?

I'm entitled to air my opinion and I'm also entitled to not reckon I'm wrong simply because a few randomers on the internet (one of whom was consuming copious amount of weed and MDMA) at the weekend reckon I am.
    Don't bother with that sort of mud-slinging ****. I've had the manners to stick to addressing your points, but I'll drop to your level fast enough if that's how you want to play.
    In the privacy of your home the the home of someone you know, or in a club where drug use is the norm (they tend to be far nicer places than those inhabited by pissheads). It happens all the time as it is.

Meth is bad.

What a contrived load of nonsense. Face it, you're so easily wound up you actually went to the effort of threatening violence to some randomer on the net.................

You've posted about 8 insults towards me without provocation and you reckon I'm easily wound up.

I'd like to mention, I have never threatened you either ;)
    No need to be scared :P

Have a spliff there and relax.

You'd best follow your own advice and have some green. As someone who gets so upset about meanies on the internet you'd need it i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

RoverJames and invinciblePRSTV - stop posting, it's gone too far now.
    thx

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well if you spoke to me like that in person I'd punch the head off you and gladly suffer the consequences.

LOL

biko wrote: »
    RoverJames and invinciblePRSTV - stop posting, it's gone too far now.
    thx
    But RoverJames is the only person arguing the anti drugs side, there'll be no debate if he's gone. He was getting it from all sides too, it was only a matter of time before someone pushed him to far.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I reckon roverJames needs a chill pill to stop him smacking the heads off all of us

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Actually, let's all stop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement