Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JA Nightmare

Options
  • 24-05-2011 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

I've been working part time for the last 3 months with the CSO. So I went into the SWO and handed in my termination letter last monday. We finished employment on the 13th May. Initially I was told there would be a last cheque sent out to my home and that payments would resume in the PO every Tuesday.....

2 hours later they rang me to say that this information was incorrect and because of the final payment not being paid until the 10th June by the CSO I wouldn't be getting anything from them in the mean time and that I would have to wait until the DO had made a decision. So I waited a week and in the mean time I was told that several people in the same position as me were continuing to hand in the casual dockets until the final payment came through.

I rang my Social welfare office this morning and told them this. They rang me back and explained that I would not be getting a payment from the 11th to the 17th May because I should have gotten paid from the CSO which I didn't. In fairness they are sorting out that there will be a payment in the PO for me on Friday but in the meantime I also discover that they missed 3 days off my claim and that I will get paid for that also.....only because I pointed it out!!!

Now when I started the job I went straight into the SWO, I was getting paid by the HSE at the time. The SWO told me to stop collecting money from the PO and a cheque would be sent out to me and that my JA claim had been approved. It but not for 3 weeks. In the meantime I missed a couple of payments that were in the PO for me from the HSE. The SWO told me that these payments would be sent out to me by cheque after a few weeks. Grand I thought until I brought it up today, apparently I have to contact the HSE to get those payments, this is ridiculous, they tell to to do one thing but mean another. Do I go to the bother of getting the payment from the HSE??? I need the money as I borrowed money from my folks for the 3 weeks I didn't get anything and I need to pay them back or do I just leave it??? I am really fed up with dealing with them and I am afraid the HSE officer will laugh in my face and tell me to bugger off. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Granger13

notsobusy wrote: »
    I've been working part time for the last 3 months with the CSO. So I went into the SWO and handed in my termination letter last monday. We finished employment on the 13th May. Initially I was told there would be a last cheque sent out to my home and that payments would resume in the PO every Tuesday.....

2 hours later they rang me to say that this information was incorrect and because of the final payment not being paid until the 10th June by the CSO I wouldn't be getting anything from them in the mean time and that I would have to wait until the DO had made a decision. So I waited a week and in the mean time I was told that several people in the same position as me were continuing to hand in the casual dockets until the final payment came through.

I rang my Social welfare office this morning and told them this. They rang me back and explained that I would not be getting a payment from the 11th to the 17th May because I should have gotten paid from the CSO which I didn't. In fairness they are sorting out that there will be a payment in the PO for me on Friday but in the meantime I also discover that they missed 3 days off my claim and that I will get paid for that also.....only because I pointed it out!!!

Now when I started the job I went straight into the SWO, I was getting paid by the HSE at the time. The SWO told me to stop collecting money from the PO and a cheque would be sent out to me and that my JA claim had been approved. It but not for 3 weeks. In the meantime I missed a couple of payments that were in the PO for me from the HSE. The SWO told me that these payments would be sent out to me by cheque after a few weeks. Grand I thought until I brought it up today, apparently I have to contact the HSE to get those payments, this is ridiculous, they tell to to do one thing but mean another. Do I go to the bother of getting the payment from the HSE??? I need the money as I borrowed money from my folks for the 3 weeks I didn't get anything and I need to pay them back or do I just leave it??? I am really fed up with dealing with them and I am afraid the HSE officer will laugh in my face and tell me to bugger off. :(

If you are owed money from the CWO and borrowed money from your parents just to stay afloat then of course you should seek this payment back. Go down the the CWO and explain to them that you where told the payment would be issued to you by cheque, if you have the name of the person in the Social Welfare Offices, give the name to the CWO so he/she can confirm this is what you where told if needed.

Advertisement